Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 100meg dropping to €50pm???

• 10-08-2011 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

UPC 100meg dropping to €50pm??? Is this true? read someone here talking said they got letter from upc to say it. why I not get this letter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

UPC 100meg dropping to €50pm??? Is this true? read someone here talking said they got letter from upc to say it. why I not get this letter?

UPC mailed me saying

the price of 100 Mb is dropping from €65 per month to €55 per month next month.

Regards

The UPC Social Media Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I got this letter too.

I got this letter too.

At the moment it is €62 for 100meg line, €57 if you take the phone service also. Does the letter say if it will be €55 for phone and 100meg line or €55 just for the 100meg line on its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

At the moment it is €62 for 100meg line, €57 if you take the phone service also. Does the letter say if it will be €55 for phone and 100meg line or €55 just for the 100meg line on its own.
    I'm only on the 100mb with no phone so they just said 100mb was going down to 55 euro

I'm only on the 100mb with no phone so they just said 100mb was going down to 55 euro

I mailed back the UPC Social Media Guys there to clarify this.

• Advertisement

I mailed back the UPC Social Media Guys there to clarify this.

UPC just came back to me there

"The Fibre Power Bundle (100 Mb) is currently €57 per month. This will be reduced to €55 per month on September 5th ( this includes the Freetime World Phone package). This reduction will automatically be applied to your account."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

UPC just came back to me there

"The Fibre Power Bundle (100 Mb) is currently €57 per month. This will be reduced to €55 per month on September 5th ( this includes the Freetime World Phone package). This reduction will automatically be applied to your account."

That's odd, Because on my letter it says.

Broadband & Phone pack _______________________Monthly rate from 5 September

Fibre Power 100_____________________________________€50.00
    Fibre Power 100 with Anytime World_____________________€55:00

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure the 100MB with free time world is package that is priced at €50 and the anytime world is €55!!

That's considering the title of the change is broadband and phone and not just broadband on it's own!

Thor wrote: »
    That's odd, Because on my letter it says.

Broadband & Phone pack _______________________Monthly rate from 5 September

Fibre Power 100_____________________________________€50.00
    Fibre Power 100 with Anytime World_____________________€55:00

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure the 100MB with free time world is package that is priced at €50 and the anytime world is €55!!

That's considering the title of the change is broadband and phone and not just broadband on it's own!

Further Update from UPC - they must be reading this...........

"Hi again,

I misinformed you on my previous email re the price change on your account.

The charge for the Fibre Power Bundle (100 Mb) will be €50 per month, not €55 as previously stated.

Sincere apologies for the earlier error

Regards,

The UPC Social Media Team

Ha, I love it when they read boards.ie!!

UPC!!

When is the 120MB line going to be launched!!

You know everyone is waiting for it to happen here in Ireland!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Ha, I love it when they read boards.ie!!

UPC!!

When is the 120MB line going to be launched!!

You know everyone is waiting for it to happen here in Ireland!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Is 100 to 120 that big a deal?. I'd be more interested in knowing what % of UPC's customers are using the 100meg service, I suspect its pretty small. Boards users would not be representative I suspect.....

• Advertisement

ArthurG wrote: »
    Is 100 to 120 that big a deal?. I'd be more interested in knowing what % of UPC's customers are using the 100meg service, I suspect its pretty small. Boards users would not be representative I suspect.....

I'm just taken the pi$$!!

But to add to that!!

YES an extra 20MB is everything!!!

ArthurG wrote: »

I don't need it but being kind of altruistic in getting it. If nobody buys these products then ISP will not provide them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

UPC bring in 1GB broadband! Them Singaporians have it and there are not even in Western Europe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Why though?
    It's not like there's any competition.

100Mb for a tenner less than Eircoms 7Mb, makes me sick that I'm stuck with Eircom.
    Pity UPC aren't focusing on rollout to new areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

I'm just taken the pi$$!!

But to add to that!!

YES an extra 20MB is everything!!!

True it would be nice..... but a 1TB CAP, particularly for the 100Meg product would be more useful.. (eg can exceed 500GB in less than 12 hours if you really wanted to)..although then it would be back to a problem with enough personal storage space before long :D

Note - I'm not implying there is enough useful or interesting content to everyone to be warranting 1TB traffic on a regular basis each month - just that if you hadn't been online for a while & were 'catching up' with things ;), one could easily exceed 500GB CAP in less than 1 day withtheir 100Meg product..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Does that mean that for existing 50mb customers it is worthwhile changing to 100mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

If theyd only role it out in Waterford id be happy to upgrade at that price

:(

Shin

shinzon wrote: »
    If theyd only role it out in Waterford id be happy to upgrade at that price

:(

Shin

If only you live in dungarvan then you could get cablesurf!!

They have 120MB lines for ages now, Well longer than UPC.

I do hope that UPC increase the cap of the 100MB line, The point being is that they consider it the best of the best yet it has the same cap as the 50MB line. Which to me seems pointless.

The speed is useless if there is a cap.

If you can reach your limit in 1 day by the threshold of the speed of your line, then the cap to me is two low.

But this thread has little to do with the cap size of the 100MB line.

Still nice to see a price decrease, Wonder if it had anything to do with €ircons announcement of FIBRE POWER BROADBAND!! there next next gen of super fast broadband(That still isn't as fast as UPC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

I have 30Mbits@49Euros a month at the moment. Without phone.
    If its only an extra yoyo for 100Mbits I might go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

bricks wrote: »
    I have 30Mbits@49Euros a month at the moment. Without phone.
    If its only an extra yoyo for 100Mbits I might go for it.

Considering they are offering 50Mb for €45 you're being robbed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

So if the 100Mb is coming down to €50 are they going to introduce a new pricing structure?

20Mb - €25
    40Mb - €30
    70Mb - €40
    100Mb - €50

Two things I'd love to know.....
    1. Since the 20Mb package now has a limit of 500Gb, will the 100Mb package increase to 1Tb?
    2. Will the 100Mb upload speed increase from 7Mb to 10Mb? Currently only 2Mb faster then the 50Mb package

SachaJ wrote: »
    So if the 100Mb is coming down to €50 are they going to introduce a new pricing structure?

20Mb - €25
    40Mb - €30
    70Mb - €40
    100Mb - €50

1. Since the 20Mb package now has a limit of 500Gb, will the 100Mb package increase to 1Tb?
    2. Will the 100Mb upload speed increase from 7Mb to 10Mb? Currently only 2Mb faster then the 50Mb package

is there not an additional charge for broadband only also??? Something like 7.50euro for not having phone or tv services with them.

SachaJ wrote: »

20Mb - €25
    40Mb - €30
    70Mb - €40
    100Mb - €50

ask ups social@upc.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

CorkMan wrote: »
    UPC bring in 1GB broadband! Them Singaporians have it and there are not even in Western Europe!
    that's fibre to the home though, we don't have anything like the infrastructure in ireland to support that, even if they were able to get fibre to your home. :(

the current fastest EuroDOCSIS 3.0 cable modem standard *only* :D allows for up to 400Mbit/s, which is still pretty nippy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

vibe666 wrote: »
    that's fibre to the home though, we don't have anything like the infrastructure in ireland to support that, even if they were able to get fibre to your home. :(

the current fastest EuroDOCSIS 3.0 cable modem standard *only* :D allows for up to 400Mbit/s, which is still pretty nippy. :)

Thats with 8 channels bonded, docsis 3 doesn't specify a limit on the number of channels that can be bonded so I guess they could theoretically bond more of them and get up to 1GB. Can't see them bothering tho. 400Mbits is enough to keep Eircom away for a long time.

bricks wrote: »
    Thats with 8 channels bonded, docsis 3 doesn't specify a limit on the number of channels that can be bonded so I guess they could theoretically bond more of them and get up to 1GB. Can't see them bothering tho. 400Mbits is enough to keep Eircom away for a long time.
    hmm, interesting. never actually bothered to read past the charts on the wiki page, good to know. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭squonk

Can you get 100Mb BB and phone and TV in a bundle from UPC? It doesn't look like it on their site. It'd be nice to have it as an add on option in one of the bundle packages.

squonk wrote: »
    Can you get 100Mb BB and phone and TV in a bundle from UPC? It doesn't look like it on their site. It'd be nice to have it as an add on option in one of the bundle packages.
    err, yes it does. :)

go to www.upc.ie and click on the 'Bundles' tab at the top of the page to get here -> http://www.upc.ie/deals/tvbroadbandphone/

EDIT, lol, no it doesn't. :pac:

prolly could have gotten away with a ninja edit there, but i'm feeling honest. :)

pretty sure you can get it if you call them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I have 100+Freetime world for €57/month (soon to be €50:D) and two installations of Digi max for €40/month (€35+5 for the second connection), there's no bundle for the 100+phone+TV (too small a percentage of users I'd say(for now)).

When I moved to UPC for BB/phone in March, I went straight for the (then) max speed (30Mb) and there was no bundle then, either. I guess they target the bundles at an average/light user's requirements and leave the fastest packages to the geeks (and I count myself proudly among that cohort!)

• Advertisement

can someone paste a copy of the upc letter up here please as I've yet to receive it and getting mixed messages from UPC about this.

Advertisement