Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Whip

• 10-08-2011 5:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭

Hi i love, love cool whip, but i cannot find it anywhere and i can't seem to find an equivalent anywhere? Is there anywhere i could get it like belfast etc? Is there a powder version?
    Post edited by Gloomtastic! on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

I'm sorry this isn't of much help, but I saw the thread title and...it had to be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lich59xsjik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CFC1905_NK wrote: »
    I'm sorry this isn't of much help, but I saw the thread title and...it had to be done.

Lol, was coming here to post the same, exact link.
    Best I can offer is to embed it for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

What is coole wHip exactly...what does it taste like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Eviledna wrote: »
    What is coole wHip exactly...what does it taste like?

Hi, its a heavy whipped cream frozen put into wee containers the closest thing i think it tastes remotely like is mcflurrys but its far nicer than that.. it makes the cream here taste like crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Birds (the custard people) do a white powdered 'dream topping' which is a similar consistency. Not sure on the taste test as the only cool whip I know is the American one. You can make that at home with melted marshmallows, milk and some cream.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

pow wow wrote: »
    Birds (the custard people) do a white powdered 'dream topping' which is a similar consistency. Not sure on the taste test as the only cool whip I know is the American one. You can make that at home with melted marshmallows, milk and some cream.

Ya already tried that one its minging like any other British cream and tastes nothing like cool whip from my observations dream whip had tons of air in it and cool whip was harder and colder... All British creams are disgusting they are all full of air that's one thing they can't make

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

owenc wrote: »
    Hi, its a heavy whipped cream frozen put into wee containers the closest thing i think it tastes remotely like is mcflurrys but its far nicer than that.. it makes the cream here taste like crap.

Except unlike cream over here, it is incredibly processed, full of sugar & you'll more than likely lose a foot from diabetes due to eating it.
    Cool Whip Original is made of water, hydrogenated vegetable oil (including coconut and palm oils), high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, skim milk, light cream, and less than 2% sodium caseinate (a milk derivative), natural and artificial flavor, xanthan and guar gums, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, and beta carotene (as a coloring)

FYI: corn syrup is liquidated sugar.

But who can resist mouthwatering ingredients such as Xanthan, Polysorbate 60 & Beta carotene :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

jony_dols wrote: »
    Except unlike cream over here, it is incredibly processed, full of sugar & you'll more than likely lose a foot from diabetes due to eating it.

FYI: corn syrup is liquidated sugar.

But who can resist mouthwatering ingredients such as Xanthan, Polysorbate 60 & Beta carotene :)

Xanthan and Beta carotene are two natural ingredients found in plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Limericks wrote: »
    Xanthan and Beta carotene are two natural ingredients found in plants.

Polysorbate 60 however is an artificial emulsifying agent, whilst Sorbitan monostearate is a stearic acid (a synthetic wax).

I'm just making the point that we should be glad that some of our foodstuffs hasn't been loaded with heavily processed ingredients (yet). I lived in America for several years, and I couldn't wait to get home to eat some proper fresh produce (that hadn't been sprayed with growth agents or injected with hormones).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Cool Whip is a non dairy frozen whipped topping it has 25 calories per tablespoon I believe. You can get a lower calorie version if you like but compared to real cream it's a lot fewer calories. I prefer real cream because it tastes better to me but it isn't as versatile or cheap for that matter as cool whip. Over here there's a powdered topping you can make called "Dream Whip" but you do put whole milk in it so has more sugar and a lot more fat and dairy, I guess Cool whip is a good alternative I doubt if it's the Cool Whip giving people diabetes. And there are Amish produce auctions and roadside stands. It's not all bad.;)
    Oh, and i live in a sort of rural area where folks put out their own gardens so not everything is sprayed. In winter a lot of our produce comes from other countries though, and isn't that tasty.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 byrnef

Homemade Cool Whip
    Ingredients

1/4 cup cold water
    1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
    1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1 3/4 cups whipping cream
    3 tablespoons sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    Instructions

1.Pour the water into a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water, and let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Place the pan over medium-low heat and stir until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
    Once the gelatin mixture has cooled...
    2.Place 1 tablespoon of the whipping cream and the cream of tartar in a small ziptop bag. Seal the bag and shake it until cream of tartar has dissolved completely and there are no lumps. If there are lumps, use your fingers to work them out.
    3.Pour the cream of tartar mixture into a large bowl (the bowl of your mixer if using a stand mixer) along with the rest of the whipping cream and the sugar.
    4.Beat with a hand mixer or the whisk attachment on a stand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Once cream mixture begins to slightly thicken, slowly pour in the gelatin-water while continually mixing. Add the vanilla.
    5.Continue to mix until the cream is thick and smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KDBennett

Can you freeze this?

Sorry, due to it’s age, this thread is known as a zombie thread and needs to be closed. I don’t know the answer but why not try freezing it?

The Gloomster!

Post edited by Gloomtastic! on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement