Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Almera Headlight

Options
  • 10-08-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

So the car went for the dreaded NCT and failed on the front dipped headlight... turns out the fixture that the bulb actually sits into is missing so the beam doesn't throw out of the glass properly... the bulb is just hanging there behind the glass literally...
    Have been to the local garage and got the usual about it being a pricey job..
    Anyone know what this fitting is actually called or does the whole headlight need to be replaced??
    Any comments or suggestions really appreciated!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,528 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What year is the Almera? As far as I know on most modern cars it's part of the headlight unit, might be a chance of picking the specific piece up from a scrapyard but I think there may then be issues with securing it in place. The final version of Almera is about €150 from Micks Garage, model before is €100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Is it a pre 04/05 N16 almera? They were all recalled due to the bulb mounting in the headlights breaking off. I think the recall is finished now but you could ring a Nissan garage with your car details and see were its headlights ever replaced under the recall. If not, and the recall is finished, then you'll need to buy new headlight unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I Think it was from 03 onwards, Dr

Basically if you have that over complicated heater/radio combo

Nissandoctor, do you know if nissan actually modified the part?
    I would assume a spurious unit would probably be a safer bet than an original if the part wasn't modified.

Used to get tonnes of almeras as trade ins back in the day, used to break the holders off with a screwdriver and get them on warranty cos theyd come back to bite you again otherwise

03-06 Avensis had similar issue but not as widespread

OP: chances are the other headlight is gonna go as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

Its an 04 Almera - bought it early 2008...
    Rang Nissan Ireland this morning, but only got voicemail so hoping they get back to me some time today...
    Checked the other headlight too and everything seems fine... the dipped headlight bulb is sitting nice and snug in its fitting.
    Hopefully Nissan can do something, instead of having to replace the whole headlight set just for 1 of the bulb fixtures!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Any time I got it done they replaced the whole lot. I doubt you can buy little bits of the unit given that it seems to be glued together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement