Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod won't turn on

• 10-08-2011 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I bought my ipod last year and its been working fine until recently when it kept crashing. A few nights ago when the battery died i left on charge only to find out that it had been trying to turn on all night and kept booting, crashing, then rebooting again all night. No matter what i do it wont turn on, it asks to be charged and when i do put it on charge it keeps booting and crashing. Itunes wont pick it up either. Anyone know how i can get it working again? I dont mind resetting and wiping all my data off it. Oh and yes its jailbroken if that makes any difference

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Fizbo wrote: »
    I bought my ipod last year and its been working fine until recently when it kept crashing. A few nights ago when the battery died i left on charge only to find out that it had been trying to turn on all night and kept booting, crashing, then rebooting again all night. No matter what i do it wont turn on, it asks to be charged and when i do put it on charge it keeps booting and crashing. Itunes wont pick it up either. Anyone know how i can get it working again? I dont mind resetting and wiping all my data off it. Oh and yes its jailbroken if that makes any difference
    I vaguely recall a DFU issue with jailbroken devices that can cause this. Have you tried a tethered boot with something like redsn0w? I believe there's also an app that can be used to break out of that reboot cycle. Will google it in the morning if you haven't found it by then yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Fizbo wrote: »

Hmmm... best to just do a wipe I reckon.

Advertisement