Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loader implements

• 10-08-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

have any of ye got a set of pallet forks for yer loader . Did ye buy or make . I am thinking of makeing set with interchangeable bale handler spikes in place of forks . Where is best for forklift breakers ?

bk1991

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Keep an eye on www.donedeal.com
    I've seen them there often. Like these for €200.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/plantmachinery/2398126

Or here for €130
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/2424097

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭hedgecutting eddie

bk1991 wrote: »
    have any of ye got a set of pallet forks for yer loader . Did ye buy or make . I am thinking of makeing set with interchangeable bale handler spikes in place of forks . Where is best for forklift breakers ?

bk1991

is there a quarry near you?if the forks look wore the quarry has to change them for health and saftey reasons ,local quarry beside me throws them away im waiting for the next set!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

is there a quarry near you?if the forks look wore the quarry has to change them for health and saftey reasons ,local quarry beside me throws them away im waiting for the next set!!!

Nope :( are you going to make your own frame ? Neighbour has made the acutal forks out of very strong walled box two peices welded at angle dono if it b safe .

nope :) Are you getting full set inc backing plate or are u makeing ur own backplate ? Neighbour has make the actual forks out of two length of heavy walled box welded together to make fork and made fram with two lengths of angle top and bottom turned opsiteways and two bits box for uprights between angle .

pakalasa wrote: »
    Keep an eye on www.donedeal.com
    I've seen them there often. Like these for €200.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/plantmachinery/2398126

Or here for €130
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/2424097

are these not a bit dear for them ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

are these not a bit dear for them ?
    Don't know. I got mine free at work. They were throwing them out.:D
    I welded up the frame myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

i use my bale handler as pallet forks and works grand if i need abit extra i throw a couple of inch and half sleeves on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Be careful of 'used' pallet forks. They're generally only removed/replaced because they've worn at the heels and can no longer be relied on to safely handle their design load.
    A lot of manufacturers/forklift service places insist on cutting them up to prevent them having a 'second life'.

Now, the design spec for these things has a fine big safety margin built in, so they're PROBABLY still okay even if they're worn past the mandated replacement point, but you still won't have a leg to stand on if they fail leading to injury or death.

I'd be VERY leery of homemade ones made of welded box! :eek:

Just sayin'; I know how it works in the real world of Irish farming, but the H&S people ARE turning their attentions on the sector, and we don't want to be giving them even more excuses for sticking their beak in.

Rovi wrote: »
    Be careful of 'used' pallet forks. They're generally only removed/replaced because they've worn at the heels and can no longer be relied on to safely handle their design load.
    A lot of manufacturers/forklift service places insist on cutting them up to prevent them having a 'second life'.

Now, the design spec for these things has a fine big safety margin built in, so they're PROBABLY still okay even if they're worn past the mandated replacement point, but you still won't have a leg to stand on if they fail leading to injury or death.

I'd be VERY leery of homemade ones made of welded box! :eek:

Just sayin'; I know how it works in the real world of Irish farming, but the H&S people ARE turning their attentions on the sector, and we don't want to be giving them even more excuses for sticking their beak in.

checked out the neighbours ones that are made with channel with flat welded in back to fill gap there slightly bent and the heels wont b long till the crack of break me thinks .. There has to be some sechond ones with not too much wear somewhere at right money all seam to be priced at up over 120€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

checked out the neighbours ones that are made with channel with flat welded in back to fill gap there slightly bent and the heels wont b long till the crack of break me thinks .. There has to be some sechond ones with not too much wear somewhere at right money all seam to be priced at up over 120€

3 or 4 metres of 100mm channel plus 3 or 4 metres of 100mm heavy flat plus odds & ends for hangers, plus all the cutting, welding, and grinding that would go into a homemade set makes €120 (or more) for a 'ready-to-fit' purpose manufactured set look pretty reasonable, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement