Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky box France

• 10-08-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

We are in France at present and have our sky box with it worked once and we are now wondering if sky cards have been changed. We are touring Europe for a few months and it would be handy on a bad day to have it. Maybe some one might know something about the sky cards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Dont think the cards have changed.

Just wondering is your Sky box lighting up when you plug it in and the cable to the LNB properly connected and if so Is your dish locked onto the correct satellite.

If all of the above are ok then the scart connection from box to tv.

In my experience these are the main fault areas.

Happened to me once in France and guess what, I had blown a fuse.

It was a simple fix but it took me a while to figure it out.

Best of luck with it. Enjoy the holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

On the TV is a message from Sky Checking for listings please wait, and we are operating off Astra1 is that the correct satellite ?

Its Astra 2 you need.

If you are aligning the dish manually then its further to the left and down a bit nearer the horizon.

In SYSTEM SET UP under SIGNAL TEST the Network ID you need to see is

0002 and Transport Stream is 07d4.

Best of luck.

Zarzy thank you all working on Astra 2 south. Weather here is very good I will send some back to Ireland for you. Thanks again.

No bother. Glad to be of help.

Going to France myself next month. Will bring the sky box also. Cant wait TBH.

What part of France are you in now.

• Advertisement

We are in Les Mathes / Palmyres

45 35 40 N. 0 32 20 W

Irish reg. Vehicles very thin on the ground in France this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Bessa wrote: »
    Irish reg. Vehicles very thin on the ground in France this year.

We got back from France last weekend. We thought the same when we were over there

I was in Doolin (Nagles) last 'Bank' holiday wekend and it was Jammed.

Staying at home is not really a surprise for all us slaves to the system of ensuring the bankers and hedge funders and politicos continue on their merry way.

The Universal 'Social' Charge is robbing the France money.

Luckily I managed to gather the Boat money and the Aires will be getting a lot of attention on this trip to Camper Van Heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

even the UK ferries seem to be quieter. We were in Yorkshire for 10 days saw 1 Irish reg, and 1 Irish reg in Chester (ignoring the Irish reg's on the road to and from the ferry on the first and last days).

I'd love to caravan in Ireland with the kids as a summer hol but the site facilities arent a patch on UK (the holiday parks like Haven & many others), twould be Fr Ted like if we got the typical wind and rain.

• Advertisement

Hi Sarzy a lot of the Aires are changed to Credit card entry. We found that these are not that busy, because once you enter .you pay and a lot of the French used to enter the Aires late at night when the ticket checkers had their rounds done and they vacated very early in the mornings to dodge paying.

Thanks for that Bessa.

Does that mean theres a barrier and any problems with the credit card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

SARZY wrote: »
    Thanks for that Bessa.

Does that mean theres a barrier and any problems with the credit card ?

Some of the barriers i used required prior payment to enter (so no dodging payment - and why would you at €8 a go !!) but they would not work with my visa card (yes it had funds) but did work with my Visa Debit card (replaced my laser card by TSB). Couldn't work that out.

Martin D, thanks for that.

Thinking of heading towards la Rochelle, are there any Aires in that direction or on the way there that you would recommend.

Must have a look at getting a debit card. Think you can load on cash here before you go now. Might make the difference at the barrier. €8 a night would be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Stayed at a site in direction La Baule/St Nazaire, 10/12 spots, free, no barrier. Overlooked sea with a supervised beach 100 yards. Handy stop over to break a journey. Between two small towns with a bus stop at Aire. Short walk really, did it after a few beers. Between St Marc and Ste Marguerite
    N47 14.218 W002 18.032

There is a recommended aire near la rochelle N46 09.134 W001 08.390; Services are at another 2 sites in the vicinity - didn't use Aires in this area myself moved on a bit further.

Yes there is a barrier that comes up out of the ground. We stayed on one for 5 euro a night in Les Becs near Jean de Monts. The area was busy but the Aire was quiet.

Advertisement