Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Pat's Too Takeaway

Options
  • 10-08-2011 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I am so disappointed! I have just had a pizza delivered from Pat's Too on LK Main Street. This is the first time that I have had a pizza from them in about three years and was really shocked to see how the pizza has gone downhill compared to what they used to be like. There was hardly any cheese :confused: and the base was so thin that it was barely visible in places. Their pizza used to be piled high with cheese and toppings. Has it been a sudden drop in standard or has this been a gradual thing? I didn't notice a drop in price. I was quoted €13.50 when I orderered but then asked to pay €16.00 by the delivery guy.

I really hope that I was unlucky and this corner cutting isn't their normal behaviour. I used to really like them...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Pats 2 aren't really a delivery / take away place. There are more a sit down restaurant. I wasn't even aware then did a delivery.

I get a pats pizza (the one on main street opposite the BOI) every so often say once every few months, and have never got a bad pizza, my last one was 2 weeks ago, lovely as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭smugchik

Pats opposite AIB is where I mean. It used to be Pats Too, maybe they have changed the name. It used to be painted red but is now blue. Not a restaurant, more a take away with tables. They have always had a delivery service with proper delivery vans. I did not know that Pats on the square did takeaway.

Maybe I was unlucky and someone new made my pizza and did it wrong. Glad there is still hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i eat in there at least once a week, get a delivery once a month, I rate them higher than dominoes, 4 star and all those better than take away ones in tesco.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it man, call in some day and see. try a slice for 2.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Maybe you got them at a very busy time and so the quality of your food wasnt their usual, we eat there fairly often and their pizzas are second to none in our opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I rarely have had bad food there.

The pizza is the best in town, by a long shot.

All the staff are sound as well, and for what you get I find the prices reasonable.

But I find that the pizza does not travel too well.

On the price,that was most likely a mistake. Mention it to them next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I agree that they are better than the others esp Dominos. I was working late and had the pizza delivered to my office which is less than 5 mins drive from the shop, so it didn't desintegrate in transit! Apart from being thin, the base lacked texture and wasn't the usual density or taste as if it had been made with low grade flour and they had replaced olive oil with water. It certainly did not taste bad or anything, just very bland without cheese. Like a poor man version... I will try them again in about a month to give them another chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah best place in town for me, I've tried Domino's, 4 Star, Bella Rosa and a few others and still not found anything that beats Pats. Never really have a problem with a lack of cheese or toppings so must have just been a one off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Confused! Smugchik = annascott?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Stopped going there when I got a pizza absolutely swimming in oil/grease. Cheese isn't the nicest in there anymore. Used eat there a good bit.

Four star is my favourite now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭WANTStoWORK

smugchik wrote: »
    I am so disappointed! I have just had a pizza delivered from Pat's Too on LK Main Street. This is the first time that I have had a pizza from them in about three years and was really shocked to see how the pizza has gone downhill compared to what they used to be like. There was hardly any cheese :confused: and the base was so thin that it was barely visible in places. Their pizza used to be piled high with cheese and toppings. Has it been a sudden drop in standard or has this been a gradual thing? I didn't notice a drop in price. I was quoted €13.50 when I orderered but then asked to pay €16.00 by the delivery guy.

I really hope that I was unlucky and this corner cutting isn't their normal behaviour. I used to really like them...

Hang on...Did the delivery guy have 'sauce' around his mouth when he delivered the pizza to you?????? was he chewing!!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hang on...Did the delivery guy have 'sauce' around his mouth when he delivered the pizza to you?????? was he chewing!!!! :eek:
    Infracted for trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

Have not actually eaten in there in ages, But all is hear is good reports, the sit in place on the square is meant to be very nice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Confused! Smugchik = annascott?

2 of us using one computer. Forgot to log in...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Pats certainly do a decent pizza!

La Fantasia though are in a different league! Best place around.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

annascott wrote: »
    2 of us using one computer. Forgot to log in...
    Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭smugchik

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Pats certainly do a decent pizza!

La Fantasia though are in a different league! Best place around.

I love La Fantasia, I didn't know that they did takeaway. A bit out of the way but worth a try.

Advertisement