Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet,is Eircom router or filter or line broken?phone working tho

Options
  • 10-08-2011 7:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hiya
    I have Eircom broadband at home and the internet aint working.rang Eircom today and said they would send out a new filter it might solve it

Any other ideas from people with more know how please woud be great

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Just to add info i turned it on and off a few times.Sometimes the wireless.DSL,internet lights were all lit up
    Then just wireless and internet,then no internet

other times then the internet light was red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Its not the filter anyway as the filter is for the phone not for the DSL therefore if the phone is working and is clear then the fault lies with the modem / isp.

You could log into the modem/router and check the settings... maybe the username / password has got removed somehow. you should be able to get a guide on logging into it from eircoms site.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaherne

had this problem as well since friday night and have been on to eircom 5 or 6 times still.

All calls to them bar last one had me do the same over and over again(unplug and reset) with no solution.

However the last guy asked me to unplug all lines in the house except the line from the router to the main connection for a hour and then replug the reset back in. This seemed to work for a day or so.

Since that on I have been getting dorpped connections every few hours and alot early morning.

Thanks for replys
    I havent changed any usernames/settings is that worth a shot?

I got same type of wireless router and filter from a friend to try and that didnt work either

Eircom send an engineer out today and he told my mam that we needed a new modem/router just ring eircom and they would send a new one out

But i had tryed 2 other modem/routers but my mam didnt tell the Eircom guy so what ye reckon now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

mines been doing this aswel mate. engineer came out and told me there must be a problem with the underground wires running from my house to their pole. they're not liable for this though. seemed a bit convenient for them to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

mines been doing this aswel mate. engineer came out and told me there must be a problem with the underground wires running from my house to their pole. they're not liable for this though. seemed a bit convenient for them to be honest

I call bs on that. eircom are responsible for everything upto and including the NTU.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

bealtine wrote: »
    I call bs on that. eircom are responsible for everything upto and including the NTU.

you sure on that mate? hope so, i'll be ringing the feckers again if so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

you sure on that mate? hope so, i'll be ringing the feckers again if so!!

Absolutely certain. Everything is eircom's responsibility up to and including the master socket in the house. You'll have to argue the point but once you know you are right they'll have to do something about it

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

+1

My connection has been ridiculously bad the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I'm getting 100kb download speeds right now with Eircom on an 8mb line...

I've pm'd the Eircom guy on here to try get it resolved. Thinking of switching to UPC as it is, if the issue isn't resolved I'll be cancelling soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Seems like a possible line issue, so thread moved to eircom support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hiya
    I have Eircom broadband at home and the internet aint working.rang Eircom today and said they would send out a new filter it might solve it

Any other ideas from people with more know how please woud be great

Hi discodiva92,

If you PM your telephone number I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement