Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT: good primary school

• 10-08-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi, I am asking for a friend who is moving to the City if anyone knows good primary schools in the city center which wouldn't be too full if she applied for her 7 year old and 9 year old to start there in September. I do not have any kids myself so I really don't have a clue but I do live in the City. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Well while not actually in the city centre, Both JFK and Salesians are excellent schools that I'd recommend and close enough to City centre to still be convenient.
    In the city centre I can only think of the Model and educate together on the O'Connell Avenue, and CBS/Presentation up on Sexton St are the only City Centre Schools I can think of.
    It'd help if you knew whereabouts she was moving?
    Whether walking or driving?
    Boys? Girls? Coed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

If it's for girls I'd definately reommend Presentation on Sexton St, I'm a past pupil and I've done teaching placement there. Great school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

i would recommend Limerick Project( L.S.P ) on o'connell st. Very nice school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Scoil Mathir De (Someone may want to fix my spelling) is a brilliant school!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Far more influential than any school will be the support the child has at home. If that's good, he/she will do well anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

The Salesians Primary in Fernbank for girls, JFK on the Ennis Road for boys. Both excellent schools.

Advertisement