Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up a stall for vintage clothing

Options
  • 10-08-2011 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

moving to Cork and I really want to set up a stall in a year round flea market.
    I sell vintage clothing. Does anyone know how to go about it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

You have to apply for a casual trading licence. Here is a link which provides a point of contact as well as the fee: http://www.corkcity.ie/atoz/c/name,5077,en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bukit Timah

Traders are obliged to hold current insurance cover as follows (1) Public Liability €6.5m, (2)
    Employers Liability €13m and (3) Product Liability €6.5m. Any Policy should have an
    indemnity to Cork City Council.

This seems a steep requirement and also very unnecessary. tbh I'd just go to car boot sales rather than this. You can go to a lot of car boot sales for 330e and it means you get to a lot of different locations with different customers etc.

But Insurance, seriously? This just goes to show that having any kind of Initiative is frowned upon in Ireland. In other countries there would be organisations trying to help you set up your stall not trying to prevent you by placing frivolous requirements. This kind of requirement is why there are so few stalls and why the remaining ones are so overpriced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Check out Northpoint Markets . They do a weekly Sunday market. More like a car boot sale I think, but you get the point.

Advertisement