Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry Physics or Biology

• 10-08-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Which one is most interesting to study

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Can't speak for physics, but Definetly chemistry, it's challenging but is really interesting, biology is just rote learning don't really have to understand it, chemistry is the opposite :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

What I find interesting mightn't interest you. To ask which is most interesting out of 3 subjects is a but silly as they are all strikingly different subjects with a few links.

I only did physics from the 3 and I loved it. It was such an enjoyable subject and I loved learning about it. I liked it because it was easy to apply it to every day life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Chemistry, no doubt about it.

The theory is engaging and the experiments involved are probably the most interesting of the three sciences.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Have a look at the books if you can, you should see which you find most interesting.

I did both Biology and Chemistry and found both pretty interesting. But they're very different. Biology is easy enough understand for the most part, you just have to learn a lot off. Chemistry is harder to understand but a shorter course.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

I did all three, and I have to say they're all pretty interesting. But very different too, it depends on the person. Personally I enjoyed Chemistry the most but biology had its moments too, especially when you apply what you know from Chem into the cell reactions. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

i would approach this question from two angles.
    1. what do you enjoy doing? what part of JC science did you do well in?
    2. what subject gives the best grounding if you choose to do science in college? for me, i did chem and bio for my LC. i had to do those and physics in first year science in nuig and really really really wished i'd done physics for LC as it was an extremely steep learning curve where with bio it's just rote learning which you can do for first year college exams easy. so if i could do my LC over then i would have done chem and physics. I got an A in 1st year college in chem n physics and a C in bio (as i had to spend so much time getting up to speed on physics) so the LC didnt provide me with much to work with for those exams.

having said all that, point 1 is the most important. the LC is just a gateway into college and if you dont get the points then you will find it more difficult but not impossible to do what you want to do...

best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Don't do a subject just because you find it interesting - do it because you will do well in it. Physics is all very interesting but hard. Biology is so-so but easy to get good marks in if you learn it.
    Sunny!! wrote: »
    Can't speak for physics, but Definetly chemistry, it's challenging but is really interesting, biology is just rote learning don't really have to understand it, chemistry is the opposite :)

I found that if you understand Biology there isn't really a great deal of learning to it.

Advertisement