Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasnevin - Roundwood - Greystones Thu 11th Aug pm

• 10-08-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭

Heading out from Glasnevin at about 4pm aiming for Sally Gap, Roundwood and Greystones (picking up the dart home). Anyone interested?

Pace will be around 25kph until I die on the climb...

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

as a newbie I won't join you , would just slow you down...but I'm leaving Rathmines about 4 -Stocking hill-sallygap-roundwood and back..you'll probably pass me out at some point, I'll be bringing out my new boardman team carbon for its first proper ride :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Well if I get enough speed up downhill into Dublin city centre I might manage to keep up enough speed to catch up on the climb...

I'll be in a boards jersey on a grey Giant with red bartape (oh, and aerobars *waves at Lumen*).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Just back. 60km 21.6kph avg, 65kph max ('cos I was hanging on the brakes on the descents...). Climbing speed about 10kph. I'm not made for these hills...

Why did nobody tell me there's no way off Sally Gap without climbing?

Good day with only moderate winds though ended up in a cloud up on the gap. Met a lad at the crossroads who kindly refilled my bidon for me. Thank you sir. I had brought 750ml and thought that would last me the distance. Had that nearly finished by the time I got to the crossroads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I 'd be on for doing this next time you're doing it. I work in town (Dorset Street) so could easily meet up. I'd just need a days notice to make sure I brought the right bike.

I'd hate to do it on a fixie:eek:

I haven't been to Sally Gap in over a year.

Advertisement