Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social: Ladies meet up

Options
  • 10-08-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Right..

This suggestion came up from the boards beers last Saturday night in Balham. There's quite a bunch of Irish boards.ie now living in London, and quite a few are female..whatever about ye lads, some of the ladies suggested a meet up all for themselves...:D

Let's find out the interest level first. There was about 5? of us who were up for it anyway.

Central London or thereabouts is prob easiest for everyone, but naturally if everyone is from the NW, we can reconsider, same if the bulk of people are from the South.

So, let me know if:

a) you are interested?
    b) would you prefer afternoons or evenings..please bear in mind that a beers may involve travelling home late alone at night. While it's not ruled out by any menas, consider grabbing food and drinks after work? Even an afternoon coffee and cake?
    c) Any other things ye would suggest we could do..cinema, craft nights, shows, cocktails, quizzes, whatever.
    d) where about's ye are and where best suits to meet.

And lads, we aren't ignoring ye completely, we shall undoubtedly have another beers in the future!

Will post in the ladies lounge and please feel free to share the word on forums that might pick it up.

Do you want to meet up during the day this May Day weekend? 5 votes

Yes - Saturday
    0%
    Yes - Sunday
    0%
    Yes - Monday
    80%
    LadyMayBellesilvervixen84Choccie LoverAnnaVanilla 4 votes
    No
    20%
    AnnaVanilla 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Definitely up for this :) I'd meant to post a thread earlier in the week after talking to you at the weekend but was distracted by events of the last few days...

I'm happy with either afternoons (Sat/Sun) or evenings but would probably head away reasonably early in the night given the distances required when travelling home.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sounds like a good idea to me :)

It might be worth considering keeping the actual date & place private, so that you can invite people who you've met or who someone has vouched for along without having to put up with the chance of one or more lads acting the maggot and coming along thinking they'll be able to crack onto all the women without any competition...(Though in saying that, I'd have thought a couple of comments about moon cups and the like would be all you'd need to get rid of that particular type of twit!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Yes - Monday
    Count me in!

I'm happy to meet weekend afternoons/nights or any weekday evening (bar quiz night ;)) and don't mind what is planned, I just like the company and the chat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

cc392c43e3e6899286e2e31a0d862b74-orig

I am also up for it, true to form I lost myself at the last boards beers (apologies, had no ones number!) I had a fine time in infernos though ha ha my housemate took care of me ...managed to avoid the usual trip to THE SWAN dun dun

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Yes - Monday
    Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    cc392c43e3e6899286e2e31a0d862b74-orig

I am also up for it, true to form I lost myself at the last boards beers (apologies, had no ones number!) I had a fine time in infernos though ha ha my housemate took care of me ...managed to avoid the usual trip to THE SWAN dun dun

I know, you were there with us one second, and then gone! I was worried about you but didn't have your number. Glad to see you're alive and kicking missus :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yes - Monday
    Ha, the old mooncup topic..many an awkward moment at boards events

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Great idea, kudos for coming up with it! Count me in (for everything except the mooncup discussion....). Beers sound good to me - maybe we could do drinks this time and then if it works out and none of us turn out to be a serial killer we could do something like afternoon tea, cinema, quizzes or whatever the next time around?

I'm Highbury/Stoke Newington so either city centre or northside suits me best, but like a human-sized homing pigeon, I can get back to my gaff from pretty much anywhere so not too pushed. Afternoon or evening works for me too, don't mind which.

Yay, already looking forward to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I wasn't able to make it to the beers this weekend, but I've met some of you before so you should be able to gauge my level of weirdness anyway. Count me in, sounds like fun and I'm interested in trying out whatever's going -beer, tea, cake, quiz, table tennis, Disney films, mooncups... I'm down south, so central might be best to suit everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Sounds like a great idea!

Jack B. Badd - we can accompany each other on the journey home!

Yes - Monday
    I'm gonna (selfishly) throw out the weekend of August 26th... I know it's bank holiday, but I guess a few of us are around?

• Advertisement

Yes - Monday
    Righto, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I have 3 spare tickets for the first eviction night of the new Big Brother this Friday 19 August.

It's at Elstree Film & TV Studios I'm aiming to be there for 6.45pm

http://www.elstreefilmstudios.co.uk/directions.aspx

If anyone is interested - post here or pm me and we'll sort out details!

I'm gonna (selfishly) throw out the weekend of August 26th... I know it's bank holiday, but I guess a few of us are around?

:( I'm in Oxford over the BH weekend so can't make it. Hopefully will make the next one!

Righto, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I have 3 spare tickets for the first eviction night of the new Big Brother this Friday 19 August.

It's at Elstree Film & TV Studios I'm aiming to be there for 6.45pm

http://www.elstreefilmstudios.co.uk/directions.aspx

If anyone is interested - post here or pm me and we'll sort out details!

BB is not my thing but I'll be in the area so if anyone wanted to get together for a coffee or a pint before the show I'd be up for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

Ill def be up for the 26th!...:)!!

i woulda went to the quiz an all, only iv been super busy looking.for new place. Lert me know if any more details for the night;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bul87

sorry to intrude on the girl's thread!! but can anyone send me the link for the main boards beers page as I cant find it! new to london and would love to meet up with other irish!! Thanks a mil.

Yes - Monday
    Hi bul87, welcome to the London forum!

The thread for the next beers hasn't been set up yet, but I'm sure it'll make an appearance soon for a meetup sometime in September :)

Yes - Monday
    I've a weekend free this one coming and half thinking of visiting here :
    http://www.vam.ac.uk/moc/ , mainly because of this: http://www.vam.ac.uk/moc/whats_on/exhibitions_and_displays/the_stuff_of_nightmares/index.html

I'm gonna go anyways myself even if it is over run with kids, and it's right near Bethnal Green Tube. And then maybe here: http://luxurylogistics.co.uk/2011/08/16/blitz-vintage-store-epicenter-for-vintage-fashionistas/

I'm happy to meet anyone who has similar interests and a traipse around Shoreditch.

EDIT: My plans have changed due to a family member coming to stay last min....next time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

I've a weekend free this one coming and half thinking of visiting here :
    http://www.vam.ac.uk/moc/ , mainly because of this: http://www.vam.ac.uk/moc/whats_on/exhibitions_and_displays/the_stuff_of_nightmares/index.html

I'm gonna go anyways myself even if it is over run with kids, and it's right near Bethnal Green Tube. And then maybe here: http://luxurylogistics.co.uk/2011/08/16/blitz-vintage-store-epicenter-for-vintage-fashionistas/

I'm happy to meet anyone who has similar interests and a traipse around Shoreditch.

I've just moved to Bethnal Green and would be on for doing this however I'm getting married in September so until that's done and dusted I won't be available.
    Have been very bad about going for the last few Beers ( sorry) but this Wedding takes up so much time.

Yes - Monday
    oooh a wedding, how lovely! That's cool, I am gonna go anyways otherwise I'll never leave the sofa :) Quite a few of us are out east now it seems which is cool (no disrespect to the NW's!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

No luck with the 26th for me since I'm going up to Aberdeen to see a friend, I'll try to keep an eye on this thread though and I'll def try to come along to an event soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Cheetara wrote: »
    I've just moved to Bethnal Green and would be on for doing this however I'm getting married in September so until that's done and dusted I won't be available.
    Have been very bad about going for the last few Beers ( sorry) but this Wedding takes up so much time.

can we come? what do you mean we're not invited? that's no way to make friends. i'd invite you if it was mine!:pac:

Yes - Monday
    Righto so, is it the 26th (Fri) or the 27th we're meeting up, and does anyone have any suggestions - I'm happy to wander out east if it suits people better :)

Yes - Monday
    Well, typically, I have to back out as my dear Dad is popping over for a surprise visit (found out on Tuesday)..so meet away but accept my apologies

Hey, is this going ahead? I'm up for it this weekend anyway

what are ye thinken a doin,?? cinema coffee or is it a day time thing?

Yes - Monday
    I had a whole big long reply ready last night and then boards crashed on me, I got annoyed and left it!

I'm happy to meet anyone tomorrow evening, say 7/8 for a few hours - but not for a big session. Since everyone is scattered, somewhere central is most fair. Maybe The Ship and Shovell as was suggested for the Sep beers?

Edit - another suggestion from the off topic thread is Gordon's Wine Bar

http://www.gordonswinebar.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 queendee7

hi there,

i am moving to london next month and just came across this forum!!

I would be interested in meeting up if ye are still meeting??!!

Dee xxx :)

hey queendee,

keep an eye on the london threads as there is afew meet ups or drinks that happen every so often.;)

Perhaps we should get a ladies meet up arranged soon? maybe in central somewhere? Cinema and some food perhaps! ?

• Advertisement

Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    Perhaps we should get a ladies meet up arranged soon? maybe in central somewhere? Cinema and some food perhaps! ?

Sounds like a plan to me :) How about early October to give people (i.e. me) a chance to get organised?

Advertisement