Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

ShaneOC wrote: »
    This trick also works on the new basic Sky HD boxes (the ones without the hard-drive).

Do these work on the new thompson hd boxes, smaller ones?

They default to the Irish EPG when powered on with no card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question :) Do those Blue cards work on the ordinary Sky+ boxes (not HD)

Would I still be able to record the new channels on my old box ?
    I have several channels stored on "other channels" .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

paulaa wrote: »
    I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question :) Do those Blue cards work on the ordinary Sky+ boxes (not HD)

Would I still be able to record the new channels on my old box ?
    I have several channels stored on "other channels" .

First post in this thread explains it all, you need a Sky HD box.

Don't know what you mean by your other questions. :confused:

gtg60 wrote: »
    First post in this thread explains it all, you need a Sky HD box.

Don't know what you mean by your other questions. :confused:

Thanks for replying. You're confused !!! I know nothing about satellite etc.

Do you have any idea of the best place to get the Sky HD boxes ?

paulaa wrote: »
    Do you have any idea of the best place to get the Sky HD boxes ?

Adverts.ie you should get one for around €60 and you might even get €20-€30 for your old Sky+ box on there!

Adverts.ie you should get one for around €60 and you might even get €20-€30 for your old Sky+ box on there!

Great , thanks a lot for your help and patience :)

Do these work on the new thompson hd boxes, smaller ones?

They default to the Irish EPG when powered on with no card.

Found an old blue NI ftv card and it works on the new thompson boxes.

Have all the itv's, and have Channel 5+1, 5USA, 5USA+1, 5* and 5*+1 recordable.

Just missing Channel 5 and ITV HD, can you get these on a NI FTV card?

Found an old blue NI ftv card and it works on the new thompson boxes.

Have all the itv's, and have Channel 5+1, 5USA, 5USA+1, 5* and 5*+1 recordable.

Just missing Channel 5 and ITV HD, can you get these on a NI FTV card?

That's good to know, so it's only the first Thomsons (the ones with the Component outputs) that don't work with the 'Card Trick'.

Don't know about the NI FTV cards, are you sure you've saved the correct channels into 'Other channels'?

That's good to know, so it's only the first Thomsons (the ones with the Component outputs) that don't work with the 'Card Trick'.

Don't know about the NI FTV cards, are you sure you've saved the correct channels into 'Other channels'?

Thanks gtg60,

Do you know where you can find all the different channel 5 and itv hd region frequencies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Thanks gtg60,

Do you know where you can find all the different channel 5 and itv hd region frequencies?
    http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

• Advertisement

Thanks gtg60,

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

You should be able to get Channel 5 as they are all broadcast in the clear now, I've seen problems before with ITV HD though as some regions don't have it and others have one of the ITV HD's that are on DVB-S2 transponders so can't be tuned into 'Other Channels', try tuning everything in and you'll soon find out if it works. Hopefully somebody else here with a NI FTV card will chime in soon.

Cheers do you know if you can add ITV HD to the EPG with a NI FTV card?

Just a note with the link Gerry Wicklow gave, he's given a link that only shows the ITV HD's that are broadcast in the clear, the strange thing is that Irish cards will decode scrambled ITV channels so tune in the scrambled ones too as your card will clear it, the important thing to look out for are the channels on DVB-S2 transponders.

Just a note with the link Gerry Wicklow gave, he's given a link that only shows the ITV HD's that are broadcast in the clear, the strange thing is that Irish cards will decode scrambled ITV channels so tune in the scrambled ones too as your card will clear it, the important thing to look out for are the channels on DVB-S2 transponders.

Thanks,

Is it possible to tune in the encrepted ITV HD
    Astra 2D 10847.00 V 50 Astra 2D DVB-S2 QPSK 23000 8/9

Is there only three ITV HD's two FTA and one encrypted?

Thanks,

Is it possible to tune in the encrepted ITV HD
    Astra 2D 10847.00 V 50 Astra 2D DVB-S2 QPSK 23000 8/9

Is there only three ITV HD's two FTA and one encrypted?

No and no.

Here's a simple way of working it out, is there an ITV HD on 178 when you've the Blue card inserted?

No and no.

Here's a simple way of working it out, is there an ITV HD on 178 when you've the Blue card inserted?

Cheers for all the help gtg60.

Will check when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Hi lads should i get all the extra channels including five and ITV hd with a BBC East/ITV Anglia freesat card.

p.oconnor wrote: »
    Hi lads should i get all the extra channels including five and ITV hd with a BBC East/ITV Anglia freesat card.

Pretty sure that region will direct your card to the ITV HD that's on a DVB-S2 transponder, should get everything else though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Yeah you won't get ITV1 HD onthe EPG with that card.

• Advertisement

DigiDec wrote: »
    Yeah you won't get ITV1 HD onthe EPG with that card.

I should still get ITV standard definition on 103 alongside TV3 though shouldnt I?

You should indeed.

You should indeed.

Sweet job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭zxcvbnm12

just got sky digital put in today with a sky+hd box.i dont really understand how to get the other channels on permanently.do i need to get another card or whats the story?

zxcvbnm12 wrote: »
    just got sky digital put in today with a sky+hd box.i dont really understand how to get the other channels on permanently.do i need to get another card or whats the story?

Read the very first post it details how to do the 'card trick' and yes you will need another card, they are available here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭odyboody

Might have been mentioned before but no trickey cards or anything is needed for recordable BBC1 HD. Its on 234.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Channel just gone from 105 after the card trick. Have got it back in other channels (re post below), anyone know if this will come back to 105 after I do the card trick again?

Channel 5 on Astra 2D is gone, you need to tune in the ones on 1N
    10.964, H, 22.0, 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Plascebo wrote: »
    Channel just gone from 105 after the card trick. Have got it back in other channels (re post below), anyone know if this will come back to 105 after I do the card trick again?

You need to match the correct region of C5 in Other Channels to your FTV Card in order to get it on 105 - some of the regions are as follows:

Channel 5 Region 1 (7700/2305) = London
    Channel 5 Region 3 (7702/2313) = North
    Channel 5 Region 4 (7703/2317) = Scotland
    Channel 5 Region 5 (7704/2309) = ???

Probably handiest to just save them all if you have the space.

Cheers, saved the first one on the list and it didn't work, so saved them all and its back :D

Thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

odyboody wrote: »
    Might have been mentioned before but no trickey cards or anything is needed for recordable BBC1 HD. Its on 234.
    141 on mine. 234 is BBC1 NI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Channel 5 on Astra 2D is gone, you need to tune in the ones on 1N
    10.964, H, 22.0, 5/6

Picture quality is much worse on this version than the old one.

I always thought the old version had very good PQ for an SD channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

odyboody wrote: »

BBC One HD wasn't on the Irish EPG when this trick was initially discovered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zxcvbnm12 wrote: »

Sticky on top of forum page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

I have stored them all but CH 5 is still showing a technical fault on the EPG..... do I need to reboot and do the card trick again??

eddiem10 wrote: »
    I have stored them all but CH 5 is still showing a technical fault on the EPG..... do I need to reboot and do the card trick again??

Fraid you have to do the card trick again after scanning and storing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭Storm 10

When I put in the new frequency last night for ch 5 it brought up around six of them, does it matter which one I pick, just thought the picture was not as good as before or should I pick another of them and see what the picture is like or are they all the same.

You need to pick the one for the region of the card you have, if you have enough room left install them all.

You need to pick the one for the region of the card you have, if you have enough room left install them all.

Hi DigiDec I have it in other channels as I have the Sky sub card, I will try them all and pick the best one, thanks for the help

Don't forget to do the whole card trick again after you put the channels into other channels if you know what I mean.

• Advertisement

Don't forget to do the whole card trick again after you put the channels into other channels if you know what I mean.

I do but I understand you need a FTV card to carry it out how can I do it with my subscription card ?????

You can't, not with an ROI sub card, you need a UK sub or ex-sub card or a FTV card for the trick to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Is it still possible to get c5 to stick with NI card no mater what one I save it does not stick

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Is it still possible to get c5 to stick with NI card no mater what one I save it does not stick

What is the make and model of your HD box?

What is the make and model of your HD box?
    its a pace box Utv, 5+, 5* and 5usa all stick but not CH5

dogtoffee wrote: »
    its a pace box Utv, 5+, 5* and 5usa all stick but not CH5

Delete all the channels out of 'Other Channels' that reference Five and then retune 10.964 and store EVERYTHING in there. Let me know how that works out for you.

Delete all the channels out of 'Other Channels' that reference Five and then retune 10.964 and store EVERYTHING in there. Let me know how that works out for you.
    Thanks m8 have it saved now I deleted all my other channels, rescanned did the trick again all working now.:D

Just heard that the Card Trick doesn't work on the new 1TB box, has anyone on here tried it on one?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

It has worked on my amstrad 1tb box no problem since you highlighted the trick.
    Is there a newer 1tb box out now?

• Advertisement

He just got his today, it's an Amstrad too.

Advertisement