Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

are you sure you have the correct regions of the various channels installed in your other channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

DigiDec wrote: »
    are you sure you have the correct regions of the various channels installed in your other channels?

The ITV's and channel 5's are what the installer put on it for me when he installed it two weeks ago, not sure what regions they are though, except utv which is Ulster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

if you're card is issued by setanta ireland it is no good for the card trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Could it be a Thompson box.

energy1942 wrote: »

Just afer going right through the epg and all I'm missing is UTV, ITV 1 and Channel 5 (even though I have channel 5+1) I'll mess around with the regions and see what I come up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

pbarr wrote: »
    Could it be a Thompson box.
    The make of the box will make no difference the setanta ireland card simply will not work.

Got all Channel 5's now , deleted the one that was stored and re scanned and it stayed this time. So just ITV 1 or UTV to go. The ITV region that comes up when I have the uk card in is ITV1 central w, so jusyt have to find its frequency and hopefully I'll be sorted.

yeah thats it mate, sorted.

DigiDec wrote: »
    yeah thats it mate, sorted.

Yeah sorted thanks. All Channel 5's and ITV's. ITV 1 is Central W. Saves having to go into the other channels menu now. Have to keep this Setanta card safe now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

It will do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

The make of the box will make no difference the setanta ireland card simply will not work.

Incorrect, an unactivated Setanta card works for the trick.

Wrong again, the Thomson box will not allow the trick to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Woodie40

gtg60 wrote: »

Sorry if this is a stupid question. How does one get the Setanta Card and how much is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

gtg60 wrote: »

Just the old Thompson boxes the big ones don't work, the new smaller ones do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Woodie40 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question. How does one get the Setanta Card and how much is it?
    Just fill in the online enquiry form in the contact section of their site, ask for a satellite view card under the BAI Sound & Vision scheme. Let them know you have a receiver & dish, there is no charge.

bodonnell wrote: »
    Just fill in the online enquiry form in the contact section of their site, ask for a satellite view card under the BAI Sound & Vision scheme. Let them know you have a receiver & dish, there is no charge.

Thanks, BTW does the new epg mean the end of the card trick and if so when will it be launched?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just dont get Setanta to pair the card or you wont be able to do the trick!

Just dont get Setanta to pair the card or you wont be able to do the trick!
    I asked for one to be sent out to me, is there anything else that i need to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

what exactly does "give me a card under the BAI sound and vision scheme" mean? And are you sure a bill won't arrive?

Woodie40 wrote: »
    I asked for one to be sent out to me, is there anything else that i need to do?

No. Just use it for the card trick and keep it safe. You dont need to do anything as far as sky or setanta are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 the_rovers_one

Done this but Channel 5 and Channel 4 HD have gone off the EPG. BBC and ITV are still in 101 and 103 with RTE and Tv3 on same numbers.

• Advertisement

find a different version of channel 5 and 4hd and you should be in business. There's another thread that has the correct tunings. Cant search now as I'm on a mobile device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Can anyone tell me what region is the card that you get from Setanta is it a NI one.

Can anyone tell me what region is the card that you get from Setanta is it a NI one.

London Central W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

It's not any region as such. It just forces the box to load the default UK EPG which we used to get before when you booted the box up with your card upside down. It has BBC1 London at 101 and ITV1 Central W at 103.

Can anyone that has received a card in the last week confirm that it is loading UK epg?

I just ordered a second one from a different address and it is not defaulting to UK EPG I have one I got weeks ago and it works the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

a satellite view card under the BAI Sound & Vision scheme.

What exactly is this can anyone tell me, and why would they send one to Ireland with the UK EPG on it, sorry just trying to get my head around it. Is it possible to have them send me one of these cards for free and then use if for the card trick? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

TheDriver wrote: »
    what exactly does "give me a card under the BAI sound and vision scheme" mean? And are you sure a bill won't arrive?

Do you have to ring Setanta to request a card? I looked for an email address, but couldn't find one. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

christo82 wrote: »
    Do you have to ring Setanta to request a card? I looked for an email address, but couldn't find one. Thanks
    Use the online contact form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

How long does it usually take after ordering before you get the card? Days/weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

mine took a week. ish

( i forgot to reply to the email they sent)

2 days for me.

muffler wrote: »
    Use the online contact form

Filled out this form, and got an email back explaining what this was, and that I need to contact their customer services (which I thought was what I just did???) if I want to still get the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭losttheplot

johnmryan wrote: »
    Filled out this form, and got an email back explaining what this was, and that I need to contact their customer services (which I thought was what I just did???) if I want to still get the card?

Ditto. Just got much the same email. I thought I had just contacted their customer services as well. Maybe they are getting a lot of requests all of a sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Did you state that you wanted the card re "BAI Sound & Vision Scheme" and that you have your own equipment installed?

muffler wrote: »
    Did you state that you wanted the card re "BAI Sound & Vision Scheme" and that you have your own equipment installed?

This is what I wrote
    Hi there, I would like to request a satellite view card under the BAI Sound & Vision scheme

Kind regards

John

extract reply
    If you wish to proceed with ordering the FTA card we would need you to contact our customer service department.

We are open from 9:30am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday.

• Advertisement

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Can anyone that has received a card in the last week confirm that it is loading UK epg?

I just ordered a second one from a different address and it is not defaulting to UK EPG I have one I got weeks ago and it works the best.
    Can anyone confirm they still default to UK EPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

This is what I wrote

extract reply

I got the same reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Can anyone confirm they still default to UK EPG.

Did the card trick again today & it worked perfectly,the first time I did it,I didn't allow the UK epg to load fully:o (best to check a few channels & see if the epg is up to date on them)

Have 2 boxes running with the UK/Irish epg on them now & can record on the 2nd HD box that I use for FTA thanks to an old blue card I found lying around:)

zerks wrote: »
    Did the card trick again today & it worked perfectly,the first time I did it,I didn't allow the UK epg to load fully:o (best to check a few channels & see if the epg is up to date on them)

Have 2 boxes running with the UK/Irish epg on them now & can record on the 2nd HD box that I use for FTA thanks to an old blue card I found lying around:)
    Thanks for the reply I have a card that i got a few weeks ago and it works fine but i got an other to a different address through the week and it wont work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thanks for the reply I have a card that i got a few weeks ago and it works fine but i got an other to a different address through the week and it wont work

You can use the same ftv card on different boxes for the 'card trick',no need to get a different card.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    You can use the same ftv card on different boxes for the 'card trick',no need to get a different card.

I know that m8 I also have NI FTV card just this card I got for a friends does not default to UK EPG, I was wondering is it all cards they are now sending or did I get a bad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Do you need a Sky HD box to do this? Even just to get the non-HD channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

0mega wrote: »
    Do you need a Sky HD box to do this? Even just to get the non-HD channels?

Yes, the HD boxes are the only ones that cache the EPG (works on all Sky HD boxes bar the early Thomson ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mofty

I contacted customer service, they seemed reluctant to send out the card and said that using it on my sky box would effect the use of my current sky card. Is this true? Should i follow up on my order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mofty wrote: »
    I contacted customer service, they seemed reluctant to send out the card and said that using it on my sky box would effect the use of my current sky card. Is this true? Should i follow up on my order?

Not true. One thing to bear in mind though is that a new version of the epg is coming. Testers have shown the card trick no longer works with the new version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You were supposed to tell them you hadn't a current Sky card, that's why you need one for Setanta.

Oh ok. I'll ring them again. Thanks for yer help...

Oh ok. I'll ring them again. Thanks for yer help...
    There is no need to ring send they an Email saying you have dish and box you need a card

There is no need to ring send they an Email saying you have dish and box you need a card
    I did do that. They replied "if you wish to proceed with ordering the FTA card we would need you to contact our customer service department." They really seem hesitant to send them out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

greendom wrote: »
    Not true. One thing to bear in mind though is that a new version of the epg is coming. Testers have shown the card trick no longer works with the new version

Is this 100% definite? That the trick will not work when new EPG arrives?

• Advertisement
Advertisement