Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

SPAWKER wrote: »
    The card trick only seems to work with the EPG update if you have a NI FTV card, I did the trick with one and it brings in the EPG but I also have a Scottish FTV one and it wont work with that.
    BTW the cards are both blue ones

Hmmm perhaps it has something to do with the fact that we already have the NI BBC's on our EPG, either way it's an interesting turn up for the books...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jon_459

Had a problem with my system so, on Skys advice did the upgrade. Before this I had the ITV channels on my epg
    Powered off my Amstrad box, inserted my blue card, UK epg appeared. Then inserted my Sky card but none of the ITV channels appeared. Went to other channels and they were still there but none of them would work. Repeated the process - still no channels.
    I decided to start again - deleted all the other channel and tried to add them again but couldn't get ITV1 HD using the codes provided (10936 V 22000 5/6)
    Now I can only access ITV 3 and 4 via the blue button - they are listed as channel 118 and 119 although they dont appear on the epg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Jon_459 wrote: »
    Had a problem with my system so, on Skys advice did the upgrade. Before this I had the ITV channels on my epg
    Powered off my Amstrad box, inserted my blue card, UK epg appeared. Then inserted my Sky card but none of the ITV channels appeared. Went to other channels and they were still there but none of them would work. Repeated the process - still no channels.
    I decided to start again - deleted all the other channel and tried to add them again but couldn't get ITV1 HD using the codes provided (10936 V 22000 5/6)
    Now I can only access ITV 3 and 4 via the blue button - they are listed as channel 118 and 119 although they dont appear on the epg

ITV HD Granada and STV HD are now 10936 V 23000 and are also DVB-S2. AFAIK you cannot manually tune in DVB-S2 on sky boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

try removing sub card and putting your blue one in go to favourites add them open tv guide and select 118 (just the small screen) swap cards again.

I have been playing around with Setanta card and NI ftv card and have the setanta one half working now i just have itv1 and hd missing

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jon_459

Can't get ITV1 HD on other channels - add channels only allow 22000 0r 27500. Can get ITV1 but it's not appearing on favourites.
    Can get ITV2 and 3 on favourites with ability to record.

• Advertisement

Can't get ITV1 HD on other channels - add channels only allow 22000 0r 27500. Can get ITV1 but it's not appearing on favourites.
    I now have itv234&+ but I got them after inserting ni card what I am trying to get is itvhd & bbc1 on 101 ect. I had the epg that way before the update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

dogtoffee wrote: »
    I now have itv234&+ but I got them after inserting ni card what I am trying to get is itvhd & bbc1 on 101 ect. I had the epg that way before the update

Itv1hd is not available on a UTV region card

Yes I know that but before the update I was able to use Ni card for utv on 103 and setanta card got meItv+1, bbc on 101 bbc2 on 102 and itvhd on 178
    Im just trying to get it back the way i had it, Its no big deal as now i can also access and record itvhd using blue button

Yes I know that but before the update I was able to use Ni card for utv on 103 and setanta card got meItv+1, bbc on 101 bbc2 on 102 and itvhd on 178
    Im just trying to get it back the way i had it, Its no big deal as now i can also access and record itvhd using blue button

It appears that only an NI card does the trick the 'old' way. Mine is a London region white card

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Woodie40

Sorry I don't follow you, if you have a UTV card to do the trick, how do you get ITV 1 HD to work?
    I have the new epg and an old utv card, it has worked apart from ITV1+1 and ITV HD, I know they are unavailable in UTV region, but how have you got them via the blue button as they are not there to add to favourites? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Does anybody know if all HD boxes are due the update?

Amstrad DRX 890 and 895 will be first - then a release is planned for Samsung and Pace boxes but they might have to go through a beta stage first on those boxes

Woodie40 wrote: »
    Sorry I don't follow you, if you have a UTV card to do the trick, how do you get ITV 1 HD to work?
    I have the new epg and an old utv card, it has worked apart from ITV1+1 and ITV HD, I know they are unavailable in UTV region, but how have you got them via the blue button as they are not there to add to favourites? Thanks.
    I did the normal trick using NI card ,
    then went to favourites removed the sub card put setanta one in,
    I then added ITV1&HD to favourites.
    At this point I put in sub card i still had itv234 5*usa ect. but had lost the region channels from EPG but still had access to them via blue button.
    I then went to TV guide put in NI card and it loaded NI EPG
    I swapped NI for sub card it loaded Irish and NI epg (card trick)
    but now I still have access to ITV1 & hd via blue button

I did the normal trick using NI card ,
    then went to favourites removed the sub card put setanta one in,
    I then added ITV1&HD to favourites.
    At this point I put in sub card i still had itv234 5*usa ect. but had lost the region channels from EPG but still had access to them via blue button.
    I then went to TV guide put in NI card and it loaded NI EPG
    I swapped NI for sub card it loaded Irish and NI epg (card trick)
    but now I still have access to ITV1 & hd via blue button

I tried this several times and I still can not get ITV HD or ITV +1. I have added all the extra channels to favourites?

I tried this several times and I still can not get ITV HD or ITV +1. I have added all the extra channels to favourites?

Mine is letting me record them via blue button

Has you setanta card been activated?

Are they the right region?

I think I added all of them to other channels

Mine is letting me record them via blue button

Has you setanta card been activated?

Are they the right region?

I think I added all of them to other channels

The Setanta card is not activated, I have all the Regional variations saved

The Setanta card is not activated, I have all the Regional variations saved

I don't know why that's not working for you, I will play around with the box I have upstairs and see if I can get it to work on it I don't want to touch the one that's working. lol

I don't know why that's not working for you, I will play around with the box I have upstairs and see if I can get it to work on it I don't want to touch the one that's working. lol

Appreciate that, thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CBLFC96

Just to Confirm ... The card trick is still working... well for me anyway. :D
    My box updated last night/ this morning. I tried the Card trick to save the UK channels to favorites as suggested above. when I inserted my sub card again all the UK channels were on the EPG as before... To my surprise. They also pause and record as before. The FTV card I used was a White NI region card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but could sky be preparing to give us the NI versions of the ITV's when the new epg is fully rolled out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Just an update regarding the card trick,
    I have cards from all four regions one Ni,one Scottish,one Welsh all blue ones and a Setanta one which is an English one and white.
    The only one that does the card trick that brings the English EPG along side the Irish one is the Ni one the other three will only let me record via the blue button.

• Advertisement

I have cards from all four regions one Ni,one Scottish,one Welsh all blue ones and a Setanta one which is an English one and white.
    The only one that does the card trick that brings the English EPG along side the Irish one is the Ni one the other three will only let me record via the blue button.
    With the setanta one I was able to add the other channels that did not have a region(itv234 5+*usa ect)
    Also using Setanta card when trying to get EPG in the same order as UK I was able to add them to the default EPG.

03072012111.jpg

With the setanta one I was able to add the other channels that did not have a region(itv234 5+*usa ect)
    Also using Setanta card when trying to get EPG in the same order as UK I was able to add them to the default EPG.

03072012111.jpg

Where you able to add iTV1 HD
    Where are the Irish channels on the epg picture you posted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Are all cards activated for your box? For example, if you try to view Sky One (106) does it say to upgrade your sub, or that it's the wrong card for that box?

I'm just wondering if activation has anything to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

Sorry....Its been a long week, could you explain that again please?

eddiem10 wrote: »

Sorry....Its been a long week, could you explain that again please?
    Right before the update when I first did card the trick it was with a NI card NI has no HD or+ so I got a setanta card to try and was able to get them on epg after a bit of adding channel got bbc to stick also.

(I know setanta card would give all listed below less UTV but I am from NI so wanted UTV}.

I had my EPG like so
    101 BBC london (added with setanta card)
    101 RTE One
    102 BBC 2 England (added with setanta card)
    102 RTE TWO
    103 UTV (added with NI ftv card)
    104 CH4 (added with NI ftv card)
    104 TG4
    105 CH5 (added with NI ftv card)
    105 3e
    131 ITV1+ (added with setanta card)
    178 ITV1HD (added with setanta card)

JDxtra wrote: »
    Are all cards activated for your box? For example, if you try to view Sky One (106) does it say to upgrade your sub, or that it's the wrong card for that box?

I'm just wondering if activation has anything to do with it.

JDxtra
    No none of the cards are activated to the HD boxes they were activated to other SD boxes and the Setanta one hasnt been activated because if it was it would show the Irish EPG.

Right before the update when I first did card the trick it was with a NI card NI has no HD or+ so I got a setanta card to try and was able to get them on epg after a bit of adding channel got bbc to stick also.

(I know setanta card would give all listed below less UTV but I am from NI so wanted UTV}.

I had my EPG like so
    101 BBC london (added with setanta card)
    101 RTE One
    102 BBC 2 England (added with setanta card)
    102 RTE TWO
    103 UTV (added with NI ftv card)
    104 CH4 (added with NI ftv card)
    104 TG4
    105 CH5 (added with NI ftv card)
    105 3e
    131 ITV1+ (added with setanta card)
    178 ITV1HD (added with setanta card)

I was only able to have the epg from the card loaded originally and then the Irish card, I don't understand how you were able to achieve this with two different fta cards + the Irish sub card?

I was only able to have the epg from the card loaded originally and then the Irish card, I don't understand how you were able to achieve this with two different fta cards + the Irish sub card?
    It wont work with new epg

I booted box with NI one then put sub in then setanta card then sub cant recall the exact way but it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Where can I buy a NI FTV card as I want them on the EPG? I have a white card a blue FTV card

• Advertisement

smyths wrote: »
    Where can I buy a NI FTV card as I want them on the EPG? I have a white card a blue FTV card
    smyths you are not allowed to discuss the sourcing of these cards on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The multi-room sky+ HD box was updated last night so I had a quick go at the card trick earlier. It seems like the only way to get the ITV channels to view, record etc is via the blue button and even at that its just the banner at the bottom of the screen that is visible....no EPG or no list as you would find when viewing the favourites normally and no 7 day guide. Another issue is with scrolling forward through the blue button to select a programme to record will only advance about 9 hours.

I never ever used the favourites button before tonight and from reading a few posts here over the last week or so I just thought the favourites would contain a list of channels that would be displayed in a similar format to the EPG.

muffler wrote: »
    The multi-room sky+ HD box was updated last night so I had a quick go at the card trick earlier. It seems like the only way to get the ITV channels to view, record etc is via the blue button and even at that its just the banner at the bottom of the screen that is visible....no EPG or no list as you would find when viewing the favourites normally and no 7 day guide. Another issue is with scrolling forward through the blue button to select a programme to record will only advance about 9 hours.

I never ever used the favourites button before tonight and from reading a few posts here over the last week or so I just thought the favourites would contain a list of channels that would be displayed in a similar format to the EPG.

To record from one of the UK channels from the next 7 days, press 'tv guide', press the blue button and type the name of the programme you want to record. All the 'other' channels' listings can be accessed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

The multi-room sky+ HD box was updated last night so I had a quick go at the card trick earlier.

Was that using a Northern Ireland card Muffler ?

pbarr wrote: »
    Was that using a Northern Ireland card Muffler ?
    Granada region :)

Granada region :)

I use a NI card for the card trick but haven't got the update...not sure what to expect.

• Advertisement

I use a NI card for the card trick but haven't got the update...not sure what to expect.
    There was a post a page or 2 back that said the NI card will still work after the update and the UK channels will remain on the EPG which would be great for yourself or anyone with the NI card.

My main box in the sitting room hasn't been updated yet and I will probably spend a bit more time on it after the update to get the UK channels lined up again.

Unfortunately I had never used "favourites" before last night and had this mental picture that the UK channels would appear in the favourites list similar to the way they appear on the EPG and that I could just scroll through them and select to record or view but alas it wasn't to be.

Still the blue button is better than nothing :)

There was a post a page or 2 back that said the NI card will still work after the update and the UK channels will remain on the EPG which would be great for yourself or anyone with the NI card.

I read that all right thats what put me wondering about yourself. I'll post back with whatever happens whenever/if ever the update comes. :)

I got my hands on a NI card. The card trick still wont work. I get a "this is the wrong card for this box" message when I try to view ch106 when the NI card is in. I think this is a clue to what is going wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

My sky+ hd box was updated last night. My ch5 etc. were gone so i go into other channels which is completely blank. Here is the problem , i try to add the channels by searching transponder etc. select channel 5 etc. and it says u've added 50 other channels so you cannot save another. but my other channels is blank. flipin eck!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I got my hands on a NI card. The card trick still wont work. I get a "this is the wrong card for this box" message when I try to view ch106 when the NI card is in. I think this is a clue to what is going wrong?

Sounds like you might need to leave the box unplugged for longer before turning it on with the NI card inserted? Try unplugging for at least a minute.

• Advertisement

Sounds like you might need to leave the box unplugged for longer before turning it on with the NI card inserted? Try unplugging for at least a minute.

CH101 is BBCNI 103 is UTV. etc with a White NI card in. When I put my sub card in it reverts to the Irish sub with no sign of UK epg .... Does the card need to be "unmarried" somehow? ( It was married to another box to which I have no access. ie it is an ex-NI sub card. Do I need to delete and re add other and favourite channels?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

bmm wrote: »
    My sky+ hd box was updated last night. My ch5 etc. were gone so i go into other channels which is completely blank. Here is the problem , i try to add the channels by searching transponder etc. select channel 5 etc. and it says u've added 50 other channels so you cannot save another. but my other channels is blank. flipin eck!:mad:

Unplug the box from the mains and restart, your other channels will reappear.

CH101 is BBCNI 103 is UTV. etc with the NI card in. When I put my sub card in it reverts to the Irish sub with no sign of UK epg .... Does the card need to be "unmarried" somehow? ( It was married to another box to which I have no access. ie it is an ex-NI sub card. Do I need to delete and re add other and favourite channels?)

I'm in the same boat. The box was updated last night and the same thing happens when I put the sub card back in. I tried deleting the favorite but not the other channels and its still the same. I can set the recording using the blue buttion. Don't know if it'll work yet as I've only set for Big Brother yet. I'm using a whiite NI card. I think it was a blue card that the op was using earlier on that got it working whether that makes a difference or not.
    Don't think the card would be married as freesat cards will work in any box without pairing.

Is your NI card a white or a blue one thanks.

Sorry just after seeing the answer in post #901

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Is your NI card a white or a blue one thanks.

Sorry just after seeing the answer in post #901
    Don't think it would make any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

My box updated last night. I can only record the extra channels through the blue button. No channels on epg.

energy1942 wrote: »
    Remember you watch & record them via the blue button only, they are not in the tv guide, press you're blue button.

I have the extra channels saved as favorites, when I press the blue button it takes me to the search screen where I can type in the program name and then set it to record which is fine provided I know the name of what I want.
    On this screen then there is another blue favorites button when I press this there are no channels there. Should the extra channels be there or how do I view whats on each of them at the moment.

Remember you watch & record them via the blue button only, they are not in the tv guide, press you're blue button.

I have the extra channels saved as favorites, when I press the blue button it takes me to the search screen where I can type in the program name and then set it to record which is fine provided I know the name of what I want.
    On this screen then there is another blue favorites button when I press this there are no channels there. Should the extra channels be there or how do I view whats on each of them at the moment.

That's when you are in TV Guide. Just go to any channel on the epg, then press the blue button

Don't think it would make any difference.

You're probably right :(

How many people still have the card trick working (full epg NOT blue button) with the new epg?

• Advertisement
Advertisement