Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

eddiem10 wrote: »
    How many people still have the card trick working (full epg NOT blue button) with the new epg?
    I do for one using a Ni F T V card and also a few more on here have it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

How many people still have the card trick working (full epg NOT blue button) with the new epg?

I was using a W Yorks card to do the card trick and it worked no problem. Now I have to use the blue button :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What colour is your card SPAWKER?

paulaa wrote: »
    I was using a W Yorks card to do the card trick and it worked no problem. Now I have to use the blue button :(
    It will only work using a Ni card wont work with any other region. I have 3 other region cards as well as the Ni one and thats the only one that gives the Irish and English E P G together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

SPAWKER wrote: »
    It will only work using a Ni card wont work with any other region. I have 3 other region cards as well as the Ni one and thats the only one that gives the Irish and English E P G together

Thanks Spawker. I'll try to get a card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

paulaa wrote: »
    SPAWKER wrote: »

Thanks Spawker. I'll try to get a card.

I'm using a NI card......doesn't work for me.

pbarr wrote: »
    The card I have is an old BBC Ftv blue one and it still does it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Just got card trick working again, used an old blue card (channel islands region). No itv hd though

Uk origin sky hd box - bbc1 & rte on 101
    irish origin sky hd box - rte on 101, bbc on 141

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

Me neither. Is the procedure the same as for the old EPG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

bodonnell wrote: »
    Just got card trick working again, used an old blue card (channel islands region). No itv hd though

Uk origin sky hd box - bbc1 & rte on 101
    irish origin sky hd box - rte on 101, bbc on 141
    How exactly did u do it

manutd83 wrote: »
    How exactly did u do it

Same procedure as before, just make sure you have all the itv's, 5's etc stored in other channels

I do have them all stored in other channels already and it didnt work,thanks anyway

I do have them all stored in other channels already and it didnt work,thanks anyway

What type of uk card are you using, blue or white & what region.

I tried a white london region ftv card, a white (unactivated) card from setanta and none of these worked. By chance still had old blue one, you might get one from ebay handy enough

Its a blue Tyne Tees/northern region card

Its a blue Tyne Tees/northern region card

Sorry, don't know why some are working & others not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Sorry, don't know why some are working & others not
    Can you post a pic of your EPG m8.
    I have it working with a NI card but have been trying to get it to work with other cards

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Can you post a pic of your EPG m8.
    I have it working with a NI card but have been trying to get it to work with other cards

Will not be home until Monday so will try & post pics then.

Btw see post 959 re position of bbc, on used box from uk bbc shares 101 with rte, on irish supplied box rte on 101, bbc on 141. Don't know why this happens as after epg update the uk box kept irish epg with sub card removed.

That's when you are in TV Guide. Just go to any channel on the epg, then press the blue button

When I do that I get the bar at the bottom but scrolling and down I just get the normal channels that are on the epg not any of the others that I stored in favorites.

Will not be home until Monday so will try & post pics then.

Btw see post 959 re position of bbc, on used box from uk bbc shares 101 with rte, on irish supplied box rte on 101, bbc on 141. Don't know why this happens as after epg update the uk box kept irish epg with sub card removed.

Uk and Irish box's are the same they all have Uk EPG from factory its the card that changes the EPG. with Irish sub you will have BBC NI on 101 put a UK card in 401 is unavailable,

before the update I had BBC1 london & RTE on 101 & BBC NI 141, I have been trying to get this back but cant, I can get the trick to work both ways using NI ftv and irish sub but other cards i have tried do not work

When I do that I get the bar at the bottom but scrolling and down I just get the normal channels that are on the epg not any of the others that I stored in favorites.

What card have you?

• Advertisement

What card have you?

I have a white NI card but I'm just after figuring it out. I was just pressing the blue button once but I discovered that I have to keep pressing it and it then lists through the extra uk channels saved in favorites.:)

I have a white NI card but I'm just after figuring it out. I was just pressing the blue button once but I discovered that I have to keep pressing it and it then lists through the extra uk channels saved in favorites.:)
    Did you have the card trick working before the update

Did you have the card trick working before the update

Yes it was working perfectly up to Thursday night when the update came. I'm hoping to get my hands on a blue ni or even a blue anywhere card to see if I can get the channels back on the epg like the OPs. As it is its better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Yes it was working perfectly. I'm hoping to get my hands on a blue ni or even a blue anywhere card to see if I can get the channels back on the epg like the OPs.

Do you lose Channel 5 with the ni card?

Anyone else getting the "you have reached your 50 favourites limit" message when adding the itv's etc to your favourites?

Plascebo wrote: »
    Do you lose Channel 5 with the ni card?

No I've always had Channel 5 but then I have 5 different Channel 5s in the other channels so maybe thats why.

Yes it was working perfectly up to Thursday night when the update came. I'm hoping to get my hands on a blue ni or even a blue anywhere card to see if I can get the channels back on the epg like the OPs. As it is its better than nothing.
    my white one works fine m8, I've used it on two box's is your's an active FTV card or a expired one

is your's an active FTV card or a expired one

The card is not active at the moment but if I leave it an my 2nd box it should activate again wonder does that make any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

With the new EPG you can record using the manual record as long as you have done the card trick and have the channels stored in other channels,
    if you type in 118 in manual record ITV2 will come up and you can put in the details when you want something to record. Better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aerialplug

Thanks to the lads who sent me a PM about the blue button solution - it works for me and I'm delighted. I'll be using that extensively from now on.

For what it's worth, I've come up with* a different solution that allows you to book recordings from the entire 7 day guide for the now missing UK channels that you can view on the UK FTV card. It's quite a bit more clunky and "manual" and doesn't get us back to the ideal solution of having the channels all in the guide at the same time. But not a million miles away from the blue button "favourite list" technique either.

*I'm not claiming to be the first to come up with this other solution - those with more than a few marbles rolling up there in the noggin should be able to come to the same conclusions I did based on the now non-working solutions.

Since the update I'm having a problem when I try recording one of the card trick channels and one of the other channels at the same time. Most times the box freezes up and one of the recordings will come up as a clash even though there was only two recordings set for that time. My box was set to record Tipping Point on UTV at 5pm this evening and was set for Come Dine on Ch4 at 5.30. I discovered at 10 to 6 that the box was frozen and when I reset it discovered that the UTV recording was ok but the ch 4 one had clashed.
    Has anyone else been having similar problems.

Edit: I am also just after noticing now that at the moment there is a recording going on on ch 5 & BBC1 if I try to play back a recorded program it plays but I can't pause rewind, fast forward or stop it. The only way to stop playback is to power off the box with the remote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Since the update I'm having a problem when I try recording one of the card trick channels and one of the other channels at the same time. Most times the box freezes up and one of the recordings will come up as a clash even though there was only two recordings set for that time.
    Thank God to hear that as I thought I was imagining things :D

I was fiddling about with the multi-room box last week after it updated and was viewing channel 5 and decided to record it for a minute or two to make sure the recording feature worked. I wasn't aware of it but one of the young lads had a programme recording on RTE2 and I then got the error message saying there was a clash and to cancel one of the recordings.

I thought it odd as I was viewing the channel I was recording but put it down to something I done wrong myself. At least I know now that Im not on my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I just got a NI ftv card from sky in the hope I can get the channels on the epg. At the moment I have the trick channels working on the blue button using a London card. When I boot from the NI card it shows itv west which is strange as I used a Belfast post code when ordering. Do I need to activate it?

I got a NI card from Sky last year but I can't remember if it was a NI card or not before I rang Sky to activate it. Its very possible that Sky change the region of the card when you call them to activate it.

muffler wrote: »
    Thank God to hear that as I thought I was imagining things :D

I was fiddling about with the multi-room box last week after it updated and was viewing channel 5 and decided to record it for a minute or two to make sure the recording feature worked. I wasn't aware of it but one of the young lads had a programme recording on RTE2 and I then got the error message saying there was a clash and to cancel one of the recordings.

I thought it odd as I was viewing the channel I was recording but put it down to something I done wrong myself. At least I know now that Im not on my own.

Its kind of annoying that, I dont get the error message but I "think" but not sure that once the recording on the card trick channel stops the box un freezes. Having said that two recordings completed ok tonight but the playback was affected and the box eventually froze. I was half thinking of doing a forced download tomorrow to see if it rectified it but it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

jca wrote: »
    I just got a NI ftv card from sky in the hope I can get the channels on the epg. At the moment I have the trick channels working on the blue button using a London card. When I boot from the NI card it shows itv west which is strange as I used a Belfast post code when ordering. Do I need to activate it?

Yes, you will need to ring and get activated if you want the NI EPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Have an expired NI FTV card (Blue).
    Cannot get the extra channels to appear on the EPG, but can use the blue button to view & record them.
    However I cannot record ITV HD (Ch. 178) but can view it by selecting it from favourites using blue button.

gtg60 wrote: »
    Yes, you will need to ring and get activated if you want the NI EPG.
    Time to brush up on my best Belfast accent:pac::pac: Will keep ye posted. Time to dig out my reeling in the 70's dvd, plenty of northern accents on that:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Time to brush up on my best Belfast accent:pac::pac: Will keep ye posted. Time to dig out my reeling in the 70's dvd, plenty of northern accents on that:)
    And dont forget to block your number before calling. :)

I would not worry about accent m8 the most of them can't tell the difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭thebrush

So for the dim witted(ME :-) ) If i get a NI card the "other channels" will be back on epg?

Cheers!

thebrush wrote: »
    So for the dim witted(ME :-) ) If i get a NI card the "other channels" will be back on epg?

Cheers!
    yes m8 NI is the only one working.

thebrush wrote: »

Cheers!
    Not necessarily. I still cant get mine to work. I can get BBCNi on 101 and UTV on 103 etc
    But when I put in the Irish card they disappear. This is white Ex NI sub card. Is that different to a NI FTV card?

Not necessarily. I still cant get mine to work. I can get BBCNi on 101 and UTV on 103 etc
    But when I put in the Irish card they disappear. This is an Ex NI sub card. Is that different to a NI FTV card?

Same here and I'm using a white NI FTV card.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭thebrush

So no clear answer yet??

Cheers!

Got the card activated but no joy with trick. The blue button works just like it worked with the blue London card but no trick channels on epg. Waste of €26. Back to the drawing board me thinks!!

• Advertisement

yes m8 NI is the only one working.
    Can you tell us what you are doing differently to us? Is it your card or your box maybe? By the way, I cant get 178 on the blue button with the NI card . Is this another clue to the mystery?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Woodie40

Can you tell us what you are doing differently to us? Is it your card or your box maybe? By the way, I cant get 178 on the blue button with the NI card . Is this another clue to the mystery?
    Same here

I have two boxs working with the card try deleting all your other channels insert ftv card and add utv and all ch5's & itv's ect save to others & fav's go to tv guide swopcards it should work now.

You won't got bbc ni on 101
    If your are close to navan you can try my card if yous want

03072012112.jpg

I have two boxs working with the card try deleting all your other channels insert ftv card and add utv and all ch5's & itv's ect save to others & fav's go to tv guide swopcards it should work now.

You won't got bbc ni on 101
    If your are close to navan you can try my card if yous want

03072012112.jpg
    Looking nice:D Looks like a late night for me...... P.S. I think the reason 178(ITV1 HD) isn't working with the NI card is because there's no ITV(HD) match in other channels for UTV. No ITV1+1 either because there's no UTV+1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

1,000th post :D
    A year later and thanks for nothing Sky, did you really need to mess up the Card Trick?

• Advertisement
Advertisement