Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

gtg60 wrote: »
    1,000th post :D
    A year later and thanks for nothing Sky, did you really need to mess up the Card Trick?
    Exactly. Just deleted other channels.... Oh the joys eh? 1000 posts, well done:D

Why don't they just put the bloody ITV's on the epg even if its subscription only like in NI, viewers need a sub to view the RTE's. I think everyone would be happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

jca wrote: »
    Exactly. Just deleted other channels....:D

Think I'll try that too tomorrow or the day after, Let us know if it works for you and I'll do likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I suppose this may be appropriate :D

muffler wrote: »
    I suppose this may be appropriate :D

Hopefully not Muffler!

Nope it didn't work..... Bed time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Can you post a pic of your EPG m8.
    I have it working with a NI card but have been trying to get it to work with other cards

Sorry for the delay, this is the trick working using a channel islands blue card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I have two boxs working with the card try deleting all your other channels insert ftv card and add utv and all ch5's & itv's ect save to others & fav's go to tv guide swopcards it should work now.

You won't got bbc ni on 101
    If your are close to navan you can try my card if yous want

03072012112.jpg

Is that the new EPG or is it just working with the old EPG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Is that the new EPG or is it just working with the old EPG?
    the new one m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

That's the new EPG.

Weirdly - I didn't have the card trick working on my box with the new EPG(despite trying) yet suddenly yesterday, I had duplicated favorites in my guide (two RTE One etc). Had to reset. :(

• Advertisement

Could the people who have the trick working give us a step by step of how they get the trick working from scratch? Ie after a power cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kelsca

Using a NI FTV card(white one)
    Delete all favourites and other channels with both your ROI sub card and then your NI FTV card.

Force software download with NI FTV card in box.

With NI FTV card in box add relevant channels to "other channels"

Add channels to favourites.

Select ITV2 in other channels

Leave for 5 minutes

Ensure Channel banner has populated with now & next on ITV 2

Remove NI FTV

Insert ROI sub

Wait 5 minutes

select channel 118

Works for me

Also tried with a midlands east FTV card,but would not work

NOTE--Trick would not work before I did forced software download
    with NI FTV card in.

kelsca wrote: »

with NI FTV card in.
    That could be why some people are having trouble on the two boxs I have working I forced the update with FTV card in

Delete all favourites and other channels with both your ROI sub card and then your NI FTV card.

Force software download with NI FTV card in box.

With NI FTV card in box add relevant channels to "other channels"

Add channels to favourites.

Select ITV2 in other channels

Leave for 5 minutes

Ensure Channel banner has populated with now & next on ITV 2

Remove NI FTV

Insert ROI sub

Wait 5 minutes

select channel 118

Works for me

Also tried with a midlands east FTV card,but would not work

with NI FTV card in.
    I followed your brilliant instructions to the letter but no joy unfortunately. I lost the blue button channels too so had to revert to my ancient London card. The blue button is better than nothing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Woodie40

I followed your brilliant instructions to the letter but no joy unfortunately. I lost the blue button channels too so had to revert to my ancient London card. The blue button is better than nothing I suppose.

I have it working this past two weeks (thats when i got the new EPG)as before with an NI blue card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭marclt

Is it only working with NI cards or white cards? I've a Wales white card, would that work?

marclt wrote: »
    Is it only working with NI cards or white cards? I've a Wales white card, would that work?
    Its working with NI and channel islands region cards

Not for me and many others it seems. I have a white NI ftv card.

what make is your box?

• Advertisement

I think it has got to do with the forced update. I did the forced update with the NI card. When I look at the telephone numbers on the Sky EPG they are all UK numbers so the box is tricked...

what make is your box?
    Amstrad. Blue button working perfectly with both a blue London card and my newly acquired white NI ftv card. Cannot for the life of me get any trick channels to appear on the new epg.

Amstrad. Blue button working perfectly with both a blue London card and my newly acquired white NI ftv card. Cannot for the life of me get any trick channels to appear on the new epg.
    Did you try a forced update with the NI card in

Did you try a forced update with the NI card in
    I did indeed. I followed your instructions to the letter but as soon as I typed in 118 while watching itv2 in other channels it said channel unavailable. Most frustrating. Just thought of something, I have a multi room sub(2 boxes) would being connected to the phone line while doing the forced update be the problem? Clutching at straws at this stage!!!

Another question.... When doing the forced update my box ends up in standby after all the light flashing etc. Is this normal or should it turn on at the end of updating?

would being connected to the phone line while doing the forced update be the problem? Clutching at straws at this stage!!!
    My box is not connected to phone line might be worth a try
    Another question.... When doing the forced update my box ends up in standby after all the light flashing etc. Is this normal or should it turn on at the end of updating?
    I think mine ends up in standby

• Advertisement

Tried the forced update without the phone line but still no joy. Box is a mess now. Favourites duplicated all over the place, only two channels on the blue button, scheduled recordings failed because of my continual messing. Fcuking sick of it at this stage!!!

I wonder am I doing it wrong? Pull plug, insert NI card wait for epg to load. THEN switch cards and select favourites? I'm selecting favourites while still on the NI card. I just ask because I notice that I forgot to tick ch5 after putting the Irish card in. I went options, favourites and the epg is identical to the old trick epg. I just ticked ch5 and it's on the blue button. Not on epg unfortunately. What do the English phone numbers look like? I. E. the freesat(sky). My number is 08448244400. Is this the NI or Ireland? Or do they change at all?

deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I wonder am I doing it wrong? Pull plug, insert NI card wait for epg to load. THEN switch cards and select favourites? I'm selecting favourites while still on the NI card. I just ask because I notice that I forgot to tick ch5 after putting the Irish card in. I went options, favourites and the epg is identical to the old trick epg. I just ticked ch5 and it's on the blue button. Not on epg unfortunately. What do the English phone numbers look like? I. E. the freesat(sky). My number is 08448244400. Is this the NI or Ireland? Or do they change at all?

Make sure the channels you need are in 'other channels',pull plug & insert FTV card.WAIT UNTIL THE EPG FULLY LOADS!! I made this mistake before so leave the card in for a couple of minutes then save your favourites (ITV etc. only) Turn off the box (don't plug it out) pull out FTV card & put back in your normal Sky card,viola you should have the other channels via blue button.

zerks wrote: »

Make sure the channels you need are in 'other channels',pull plug & insert FTV card.WAIT UNTIL THE EPG FULLY LOADS!! I made this mistake before so leave the card in for a couple of minutes then save your favourites (ITV etc. only) Turn off the box (don't plug it out) pull out FTV card & put back in your normal Sky card,viola you should have the other channels via blue button.
    I'm getting them on the blue button no problem. They've never appeared on the epg since I got the new epg. Read ur pm dog toffee but don't understand your question.

• Advertisement

Its easy to delete the other channels but how do you delete the favourite channels. I know how to add them but not delete them.

services
    options
    favourites
    press yellow button to take away tick
    and green button to save

pbarr wrote: »

Its easy to delete the other channels but how do you delete the favourite channels. I know how to add them but not delete them.
    Options, favourites, scroll down and highlight the ticked channel, press the yellow button to untick it. Make your way through the channels to untick all of them. DON'T FORGET to save the changes by pressing the green button. Job done.

Sorry kelsca. My head is starting to spin at this stage.

services
    options
    favourites
    press yellow button to take away tick

I was there and I get the list of channels including the card trick ones but there is no tick beside any of them even though I can get them on the blue button. I want to do a forced update bu I don't want to end up with duplicates in the favorites list.

Edit: Just discovered that the trick channels dont appear in that list.

have you removed favourites with both cards?

have you removed favourites with both cards?

Thanks ya that was the problem, I hadn't changed to the ftv card to remove those from favorites.

Reboot using the Irish card. All favourites will be gone then. Do the forced update with NI card next. I hope it works for you. I'm losing hope at this stage. If only I could make the favourites epg the main epg.....per chance to dream I fear....

Reboot using the Irish card. All favourites will be gone then. Do the forced update with NI card next. I hope it works for you. I'm losing hope at this stage. If only I could make the favourites epg the main epg.....per chance to dream I fear....

No joy they won't go on to the epg. Blue button recording from here on by the looks of things.

So frustrating, especially when it works for some but not for others.

No joy they won't go on to the epg. Blue button recording from here on by the looks of things.

I wonder is it your NI FTV card.
    I got mine from sky via order form on sky web site
    using my home(ROI) address with NI postcode(Enniskillen)
    I rang them to activate and all works since.

• Advertisement

So frustrating, especially when it works for some but not for others.
    Is your card a FTV card or an expired card
    did you get your card after the update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

Quote:

Mine is an expired NI sub card....Is this the key?

did you get your card after the update?

18 months ago.ftv card.

Mine is a NI ftv card ordered through the sky website about 12 days ago using my roi address and a Belfast postcode/phone number combination. It arrived on Monday and I rang and activated it on Tuesday. Disappointed is not the word tbh. I actually have more stations with my old blue London card. Itv1+1 and itv1HD which I know aren't available in NI. I wonder is it time for the lucky ones who have it working to compare box/software details with the ones that can't get it to work. Only those who have a NI card please.
    I'd give up trying if I found it was a box issue that couldn't be changed. Although deep down I think it's a software issue.

Same as that, got mine from sky about a year ago and got them to activate it as well.

Same as that, got mine from sky about a year ago and got them to activate it as well.

when doing the card trick I always go to "other channels" and select ITV2 in other channels,I leave it on ITV2 in other channels for about 5 mins,then take out ftv card and put in sub card.I then wait another 5 mins and enter 118 on the remote.it always works!
    I have seen it said on here that some just go to TV Guide for the "trick" switchover.
    This method has never worked for me.
    I have 2 890s and 1 895 and all have new EPG
    and all are working with trick.

when doing the card trick I always go to "other channels" and select ITV2 in other channels,I leave it on ITV2 in other channels for about 5 mins,then take out ftv card and put in sub card.I then wait another 5 mins and enter 118 on the remote.it always works!
    I have seen it said on here that some just go to TV Guide for the "trick" switchover.
    This method has never worked for me.
    I have 2 890s and 1 895 and all have new EPG
    and all are working with trick.

The only thing I didn't do was wait the two 5 minutes, wonder could that have a bearing on it. Also when you then take out the ftv card and put in sub card do you power off with the remote.

The only thing I didn't do was wait the two 5 minutes, wonder could that have a bearing on it. Also when you then take out the ftv card and put in sub card do you power off with the remote.

NO,i do not power off.after 5 mins,just select 118 on sky remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm getting them on the blue button no problem. They've never appeared on the epg since I got the new epg. Read ur pm dog toffee but don't understand your question.

I don't have them on the EPG either but have them via blue button & can record them so that does me,there's a weird glitch that gives me channel 998 if I try to go up or down a channel.

• Advertisement

Mine is a NI ftv card ordered through the sky website about 12 days ago using my roi address and a Belfast postcode/phone number combination. It arrived on Monday and I rang and activated it on Tuesday. Disappointed is not the word tbh. I actually have more stations with my old blue London card. Itv1+1 and itv1HD which I know aren't available in NI. I wonder is it time for the lucky ones who have it working to compare box/software details with the ones that can't get it to work. Only those who have a NI card please.
    I'd give up trying if I found it was a box issue that couldn't be changed. Although deep down I think it's a software issue.

I have the drx890 with the new epg. I got the new epg through the forced update, I done the update with an old blue NI card, it must be four or five years old if not more. I did the trick the same as described by Gt60 and it is working perfectly.

Advertisement