Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

I really cant understand why its not working for some and not others my card is a NI FTV card got 6 months ago activated by sky to a old pace box
    I forced the update with Ni card in.

It might be the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

pbarr wrote: »
    Since the update I'm having a problem when I try recording one of the card trick channels and one of the other channels at the same time. Most times the box freezes up and one of the recordings will come up as a clash even though there was only two recordings set for that time. My box was set to record Tipping Point on UTV at 5pm this evening and was set for Come Dine on Ch4 at 5.30. I discovered at 10 to 6 that the box was frozen and when I reset it discovered that the UTV recording was ok but the ch 4 one had clashed.
    Has anyone else been having similar problems.

Edit: I am also just after noticing now that at the moment there is a recording going on on ch 5 & BBC1 if I try to play back a recorded program it plays but I can't pause rewind, fast forward or stop it. The only way to stop playback is to power off the box with the remote.

The forced update today seems to have solved this. :)

The forced update today seems to have solved this. :)
    did it sort the epg

dogtoffee wrote: »
    did it sort the epg

Afraid not, lol

what model is you box

• Advertisement

what model is you box

Took this earlier

sky.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Woodie40

Took this earlier

sky.jpg

4f3106
    21.00p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

My details are,
    Model No.R004.049.21.00P
    Version No.4f3104
    Serial No.0362215851
    Manufacturer. Amstrad.
    What type of box do I have?
    I notice my model number is slightly different to pbarr's, 21 instead of 22 in his case. The result is the same for both of us unfortunately(no trick epg)

Woodie40 wrote: »
    4f3106
    21.00p
    Trick working or not Woodie40?

jca wrote: »
    Trick working or not Woodie40?

Yes exactly as before I got the new EPG. Blue NI card

• Advertisement

Yes exactly as before I got the new EPG. Blue NI card
    Your version number only 2 digits away from my version number and model the same. Do you just simply reboot using NI card and then swop to sub card? Do you do anything with other channels,favourites etc?

Can anyone tell us what these numbers mean?

Your version number only 2 digits away from my version number and model the same. Do you just simply reboot using NI card and then swop to sub card? Do you do anything with other channels,favourites etc?

The 21 22 op is the software version number of the epg. The 22 is the latest version. The 4f i think refers to the version of the amstrad box you have. The 4f3106 is the 500gb hard drive......I have the channels applicable to NI stored in my other channels and the favourites. I do the trick as before. Reboot with NI card and then put Irish card in

My details are
    Model No.R004.049.21.00P
    Version No.4f31d5
    Manufacturer. Amstrad

On my second box I removed other channels and all favourites from all cards. I ended up with box booted from NI card running NI epg. I then did forced update which updated it to version 22. Added back in the other channels, added them to favourites, tuned in to itv2 on other channels waited for 7 mins, whipped out NI card and put in Irish sub, waited for almost 10 mins, pressed 118........ Yep you've guessed it. DIDN'T BLOODY WORK!!!!

If you have a version beginning with 4F31, then you have an Amstrad DRX890 or DRX895. As you are in the current wave of customers receiving the update, you will receive the new Sky Guide within the next few months.
    Sky TV

On my second box I removed other channels and all favourites from all cards. I ended up with box booted from NI card running NI epg. I then did forced update which updated it to version 22. Added back in the other channels, added them to favourites, tuned in to itv2 on other channels waited for 7 mins, whipped out NI card and put in Irish sub, waited for almost 10 mins, pressed 118........ Yep you've guessed it. DIDN'T BLOODY WORK!!!!
    m8 try this its what works for me.

with sub card add other channels
    unplug box and insert NI card
    power up box
    add fav's
    then go to TV guide (this is NI EPG)
    remove NI card insert sub ( DON'T POWER DOWN BOX)
    after about a min the Irish channels will be added to the NI EPG
    card trick should be working.

m8 try this its what works for me.

with sub card add other channels
    unplug box and insert NI card
    power up box
    add fav's
    then go to TV guide (this is NI EPG)
    remove NI card insert sub ( DON'T POWER DOWN BOX)
    after about a min the Irish channels will be added to the NI EPG
    card trick should be working.

This doesn't work either for me. When I swap from the NI card to to sub card the epg changes back to the Irish one after about 30 secs but no sign of the UK channels.

I've tried every combination of card switching, other channel removal, favourites ticking and unticking, forced updates blah blah f/ing blah and always end up with the Irish epg. Getting it in the neck from the missus and kids over failed recordings. Going to stick to the blue button at least that system works. Sorry guys, rant over...... I'm like George (baby face) Nelson in o brother where art thou... I'm on a low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Box updated this morning to R004.049.22.00P and Version No.4F3106 and the card trick which brings the Irish and English EPG together is still working using a NI card :D

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Box updated this morning to R004.049.22.00P and Version No.4F3106 and the card trick which brings the Irish and English EPG together is still working using a NI card :D
    Mine is version 4f3104, this seems to be the version that's not working. People with 4f3106 seem to be getting a better success rate. This is the box type is it not? Looks like a box problem then.

• Advertisement

Just after doing the card trick on the mothers box which has version No 4f31d4 and it works to bring both together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

ok forgive my ignorance but how can I find out what my box version is

Just after doing the card trick on the mothers box which has version No 4f31d4 and it works to bring both together

Wonder has anyone with version no 4f31d3 got it working ?

Pocaide wrote: »
    ok forgive my ignorance but how can I find out what my box version is

Services/Settings/Details...its in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but using this 'card trick' now gives all the BBC SD Olympic channels starting at EPG 450. (As long as you have all 24 channels added to the 'add channels').

MBSnr wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone mentioned it but using this 'card trick' now gives all the BBC SD Olympic channels starting at EPG 450. (As long as you have all 24 channels added to the 'add channels').

Have you got the new epg? If so what version of sky's hd box do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Have you got the new epg? If so what version of sky's hd box do you have?

nah still on the old one.... for now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

You can add them using card trick & watch them & record them via the blue button.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi

I've been using the card trick successfully for a while with a Granada card. I'm now using the new EPG and have the channels now as favourites which I can watch/record using Blue button.

Last night I added the 24 SD olympic channels and this seemed fine. Up to today!

I switched on TV this evening and no Olympic channels. The other channels ITVHD, C5 etc are still there but no Olympic channels. They were there last night.

Anyone else having this problem. I may have set it up wrong but they worked last night.

If it's just me, could someone give me in simple steps how to set these channels up. Which card to use when adding channels and setting favourites etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

maximus02 wrote: »
    Hi

I've been using the card trick successfully for a while with a Granada card. I'm now using the new EPG and have the channels now as favourites which I can watch/record using Blue button.

Last night I added the 24 SD olympic channels and this seemed fine. Up to today!

I switched on TV this evening and no Olympic channels. The other channels ITVHD, C5 etc are still there but no Olympic channels. They were there last night.

Anyone else having this problem. I may have set it up wrong but they worked last night.

If it's just me, could someone give me in simple steps how to set these channels up. Which card to use when adding channels and setting favourites etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Max

3 of the channels seem to be available through the red button at the moment and in HD as well but that is not much good if you are looking to record or set reminders :(

Hi

This has happened to me also. I had them on the blue button this afternoon & now they are missing I will try them again later, I suspect they may have been shut down for a short time which may have caused this, I think they will probably will be ok.

Hi

Thanks in advance.
    Max
    I had them on the blue button this afternoon & now they are missing I will try them again later, I suspect they may have been shut down for a short time which may have caused this, I think they will probably will be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Snap. Same thing. Had them on the old epg and now they've vanished. Everything else is still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Snap. Same thing. Had them on the old epg and now they've vanished. Everything else is still there
    Ditto. I still have the old epg and tuned them all into the "other channels" yesterday and then done the card trick. All going well until I put on the telly this evening and they're gone again. Im not worried as RTE will be showing the Irish interests.

muffler wrote: »
    Ditto. I still have the old epg and tuned them all into the "other channels" yesterday and then done the card trick. All going well until I put on the telly this evening and they're gone again. Im not worried as RTE will be showing the Irish interests.
    Has anyone tried putting them back on the blue button?

• Advertisement

tried getting them back without success but they're still listed and working under other channels

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Starting to think now that Olympic channels are gone forever from Blue button. How, I don't know.

Looks like will have to use red button for as mush as will be available. Good news is that so far the red button channels are in HD.

Only other alternative is too keep swapping subscription card and FTA card. Of course both of these options mean no recording/Pause etc. :( :mad:

My box is back to freezing up when I record from a blue button channel and an ordinary channel at the same time and I have to reset it by unplugging. Happens 90% of the time. Is it happening anybody else.

My box is back to freezing up when I record from a blue button channel and an ordinary channel at the same time and I have to reset it by unplugging. Happens 90% of the time. Is it happening anybody else.
    When you record like this make sure that the non blue button channel is viewing this avoids this happening.
    Also you cannot record 2 blue button channels at the same time, when I do it I use 2 boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dj Ben

Just to confirm, card trick working on 2 Amstrad boxes with new EPG using NI Card

1.Reboot box with NI card
    1.Add UK channels to other channels
    2.Save Uk channels to favourites
    3 Remove NI card when done
    4 Go to other channels
    5 You should be asked to insert card...use Irish sub card
    6 Enter Pin no.
    7 Select uk channel Itv 2 or itv 3...not BBC...
    8 Wait 5 mins or so...then select Tv Guide
    9 Uk + Irish channels should be on Epg...

P.S. Make sure you tune in NI versions of UK channels...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The favourites on my Sky box are now knackered since messing around trying to get the card trick to work using the above.

I've removed all of the favourites (UK and Irish), yet it always says I have no favourites when I do (it just sticks at 101 - RTE One).

Just a word of warning!!

Dj Ben wrote: »
    Just to confirm, card trick working on 2 Amstrad boxes with new EPG using NI Card

4 Go to other channels
    6 Enter Pin no.

Can you tell us the version numbers of both boxes? I think the trick is only working on certain versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Had to turn off the box at the plug this evening.

I did the card trick but it didn't work.

I turned the box off at the plug and inserted the UK card (ITV Central region I think) and the UK EPG didn't show up, just the Irish one. I tried it again but to no avail.

It seems the card trick has now stopped working for me.

The channels are gone from favourites and when I press the blue button they don't appear either, however, when I go to Other Channels I now have to enter a PIN to view the channels, something I didn't have to do before - could this be the reason?

Is there any way to not have to enter the PIN when accessing Other Channels?

I'm using a Samsung on the old software FYI.

I turned the box off at the plug and inserted the UK card (ITV Central region I think) and the UK EPG didn't show up, just the Irish one. I tried it again but to no avail.
    The channels are gone from favourites and when I press the blue button they don't appear either, however, when I go to Other Channels I now have to enter a PIN to view the channels, something I didn't have to do before - could this be the reason?
    The card trick only works as before either with a Ni or Channel Islands card and no other.

Try waiting longer after you unplug the box. It might be that you arent leaving it long enough.

This isnt a Setanta card by any chance?

I wonder would this work? Rebuild the box completely using your uk card( press l&r arrow while plugging in box) making sure the phone line is disconnected so it can't " locate" the box. That would make the baseline epg the uk one. I would give it a try but all my recordings would be lost.

Didnt read your post properly earlier,maybe your Ftv card has gone asleep if it hasnt been used for a while and needs to be left in your box overnight to update itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Didnt read your post properly earlier,maybe your Ftv card has gone asleep if it hasnt been used for a while and needs to be left in your box overnight to update itself

Got it all sorted. I turnrd off all PIN restrictions and did the trick again and its all okay now.

4 Go to other channels
    6 Enter Pin no.

I followed this to a T but the result is no different, blue button recording only no UK channels on the EPG.

I wonder would this work? Rebuild the box completely using your uk card( press l&r arrow while plugging in box) making sure the phone line is disconnected so it can't " locate" the box. That would make the baseline epg the uk one. I would give it a try but all my recordings would be lost.

Thinking of that too but have too much recorded at the moment to try it but if its the box version thats preventing it from working then it would probably be a waste of time.

4 Go to other channels
    6 Enter Pin no.

I followed this to a T but the result is no different, blue button recording only no UK channels on the EPG.

Thinking of that too but have too much recorded at the moment to try it but if its the box version thats preventing it from working then it would probably be a waste of time.
    That's true. I don't want to keep messing and end up with no uk channels at all. The boxes aren't the best software and get very twitchy after one too many reboots!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement