Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

How do you turn off all pin restrictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

It would seem that Sky have deployed an update that prevents this from working any more. I noticed today that my Ch5 and UTV had gone and assumed that someone had powered off the box. So I tried the card swap again. I got a message saying that the UK card is the wrong card for the box! Anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

SkySter wrote: »
    It would seem that Sky have deployed an update that prevents this from working any more. I noticed today that my Ch5 and UTV had gone and assumed that someone had powered off the box. So I tried the card swap again. I got a message saying that the UK card is the wrong card for the box! Anyone else getting this?

Have you the new EPG?

Still working fine for me here on the old EPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

gtg60 wrote: »
    Have you the new EPG?

+100k views ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Have you the new EPG?

Don't think so. EPG version is 47.0.16.1? Samsung box.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Woodie40

SkySter wrote: »
    Don't think so. EPG version is 47.0.16.1? Samsung box.

Still working for me with the new EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi All

I'm still bit confused about adding these channels as favourites. It was all so easy back in the old days when we had the extra channels on the EPG.

I have a Granada card. When I plug out the box and restart with Granada card Do I have to add all the channels and also mark them as favourites before returning to Irish card?

Or Do I add the channels and then return to Irish card and mark as favourites there?

Thanks for help. I'm getting more confused as I get older.

A step through the procedure would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kinkafro123

maximus02 wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm still bit confused about adding these channels as favourites. It was all so easy back in the old days when we had the extra channels on the EPG.

I have a Granada card. When I plug out the box and restart with Granada card Do I have to add all the channels and also mark them as favourites before returning to Irish card?

Or Do I add the channels and then return to Irish card and mark as favourites there?

I have sent to emails to setanta last tuesday still not sent out to.me. my box is samsung Is the boxtrick still working?

Hi All

Unplug the box, put in the uk card. Power the box back on and wait for uk epg to load. Services, options, favourites. Put a tick on all the uk channels you want using the yellow button then press the green button to save them. Put the box in standby and put in Irish card. Turn on the box and the channels will be on the blue button. I've noticed on my boxes that when the blue button channels get lost that when I boot from the uk card the favourites are already ticked and it's just a matter of pressing the green button to save them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Thanks for the instructions.

So it's not necessary to do the add channels thing as we did before the updated EPG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

You still have to add them to other channels to match the region of the card you are using.

Thanks for the instructions.

So it's not necessary to do the add channels thing as we did before the updated EPG?
    Sorry forgot the add other channels bit. Have the correct regional variations for your card in other channels first. You'll only have to do the other channels and ticking the favourites once.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

It seems to work better if you add the other channels with the UK card, and the favourites with the Irish card. I had noticed the blue button only has to be pressed once rather than twice, as some channels are doubled up, ie 105.

I don't think it matters which card is being used when you add the other channels. I found with my box that adding the favourites when on the uk card eliminated the double pressing of the blue button.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

Hi anybody have a solution, I have the new Sky Epg. I can record watch and pause using the blue button for the other channels but for some reason ITV1HD doesn't seem to appear. I have a Yorkshire Sky deactivated white sky card. The London ITV1HD channel wont add.

• Advertisement

lockers55 wrote: »
    Hi anybody have a solution, I have the new Sky Epg. I can record watch and pause using the blue button for the other channels but for some reason ITV1HD doesn't seem to appear. I have a Yorkshire Sky deactivated white sky card. The London ITV1HD channel wont add.
    Itv1 HD is only transmitted in certain regions. It won't work for me if I use my NI ftv card but works perfectly using my old London blue card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

lockers55 wrote: »
    I have a Yorkshire Sky deactivated white sky card. The London ITV1HD channel wont add.

I think ITV1 HD Granada is the ITV1 HD region which is on Yorkshire cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

Thanks guys for your help. It seems i can't tune in ITV1HD Granada on sky hd box since they changed Symbol rate from 22.0 to 23.0.

Before when I done the card trick with the old epg I used a NI card to get UTV etc on the epg. Then I used to put in a Scottish ftv card to get BBC Scotland on to ch 101. Just wondering if I add BBC Scotland to other channels and to favorites will it work. What I mean is can you use two different region cards with the blue button method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

pbarr wrote: »
    Before when I done the card trick with the old epg I used a NI card to get UTV etc on the epg. Then I used to put in a Scottish ftv card to get BBC Scotland on to ch 101. Just wondering if I add BBC Scotland to other channels and to favorites will it work. What I mean is can you use two different region cards with the blue button method.
    You should get BBC Scotland on the main EPG on channel 951 if you use a NI card if you have BBC Scotland stored in other channels anyway without using the blue button method

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 kinkafro123

Itvhd1 gone of epg today have granada card might be a technical fault

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just seen herself switch over to 178 for Emmerdale but no pic so its back to 103 for it on SD.

I also have the extra channels on the EPG with a Granada region card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

ITV 1 Granada HD has moved

From http://en.kingofsat.net/channelhistory.php?ch=8166

Astra 1N (28.2°E), 2012-08-23
    Freesat & Sky Digital: New frequency for ITV 1 Granada HD: 10994.00MHz, pol.H (DVB-S SR:22000 FEC:5/6 SID:12130 PID:2362[MPEG-4] /2364 English,2363 English- Clear).

muffler wrote: »

I also have the extra channels on the EPG with a Granada region card.

I thought you were on the blue button muffler or is that a different box.

Who else is still on the old EPG?

My box is a Pace, 9F3004

I thought you were on the blue button muffler or is that a different box.
    Same box but was never updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

I note that the red button works on C4HD (via the blue button), unlike the red button on the extra BBC channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭alfreg

Who else is still on the old EPG?

My box is a Pace, 9F3004

Still on old EPG here. Samsung box.

SPAWKER wrote: »
    You should get BBC Scotland on the main EPG on channel 951 if you use a NI card if you have BBC Scotland stored in other channels anyway without using the blue button method

I just tried this spawker, I put BBC Scotland in to the other channels and redid the card trick but 951 but it still comes up as unavailable.

• Advertisement

I just tried this spawker, I put BBC Scotland in to the other channels and redid the card trick but 951 but it still comes up as unavailable.

What do you mean it is unavailable?
    When you put in the Ni card,have a look at the channels BBC1 Scotland will be on 951 this should then come across to the main EPG when you then put back in your main sub card as you have it stored in other channels.

No when I type 951 Channel unavailable comes up and its not on the EPG.
    I wonder would this have worked before the update.

No when I type 951 Channel unavailable comes up and its not on the EPG.
    I wonder would this have worked before the update.
    I have it on 951 but the box hasn't been updated though

Before the update I was able to put it on 101 along with RTE1 by just inserting the Scottish card after doing the trick with the NI and before putting back in my sub card. Doesn't work now.

Before the update I was able to put it on 101 along with RTE1 by just inserting the Scottish card after doing the trick with the NI and before putting back in my sub card. Doesn't work now.
    When you do the card trick now do you get UTV and channel 5 on your EPG ?

SPAWKER wrote: »
    When you do the card trick now do you get UTV and channel 5 on your EPG ?

No I used to be able to before the update, have to use the blue button now.

No I used to be able to before the update, have to use the blue button now.
    Whats the version No of your box because boxes with certain version Nos wont let you do the card trick even with a Ni card.

Its 4f31d3

Its 4f31d3
    Not sure about that one mine is 4f3106 and my mothers is 4d31d4 and the card trick works on both of them, have a look back through the thread there are a few posts regarding which version Nos work and which dont.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I will. I have them on the blue button for recording better than nothing. I might try setting BBC Scotland in the favourites and see how that goes although I think one cancels out the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭<bert>

I have a sky+ HD box without any card and i can get a good list of channels but i cannot get channel 4,E4. Would i get these channels by just getting an old sky card and putting it into the box? and would this allow me to record sky aswell?
    I have tried to add channels in options but i cannot view them

<bert> wrote: »
    I have a sky+ HD box without any card and i can get a good list of channels but i cannot get channel 4,E4. Would i get these channels by just getting an old sky card and putting it into the box? and would this allow me to record sky aswell?
    I have tried to add channels in options but i cannot view them
    To record any channel on a sky box you need an active sky subcription.

jca wrote: »

Not true actually, there are Blue recording cards floating around but they're like hens teeth!

Not true actually, there are Blue recording cards floating around but they're like hens teeth!
    Urban myth me thinks!!

Urban myth me thinks!!

Nope, 100% true. I have one.

• Advertisement

Urban myth me thinks!!

Nope, 100% true. I have one.
    Works with the new epg?

Works with the new epg?

Yep, works in any Sky+ box, HD or not, old or new EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

I have one of those cards too and it enables recording in any sky + box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

CH5 never turns up for me since the change to the new EPG even though I have it stored in favourites. Not a biggie as I don't look at it very much, but what am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    CH5 never turns up for me since the change to the new EPG even though I have it stored in favourites. Not a biggie as I don't look at it very much, but what am I doing wrong?

Make sure you have all the region variations of CH5 stored in the other channels

• Advertisement
Advertisement