Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

New software update for my box last night so all my 'other channels' on the EPG disappeared.

Did the card trick & as soon as I put in the ftv card it remembered I had saved the other channels as favourites,very handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

Dj Ben wrote: »
    Just to confirm, card trick working on 2 Amstrad boxes with new EPG using NI Card

1.Reboot box with NI card
    1.Add UK channels to other channels
    2.Save Uk channels to favourites
    3 Remove NI card when done
    4 Go to other channels
    5 You should be asked to insert card...use Irish sub card
    6 Enter Pin no.
    7 Select uk channel Itv 2 or itv 3...not BBC...
    8 Wait 5 mins or so...then select Tv Guide
    9 Uk + Irish channels should be on Epg...

P.S. Make sure you tune in NI versions of UK channels...

Tried this on an Amstrad HD box 4f3154 and it didn't work, I have an old blue viewing card from the UK that gives me all the free UK channels when inserted, the Itv I get says ITV Central W. Aftr step 8 above my EPG remains on the Irish one and the favourites I added in step 2 are gone, I think I added the correct uk versions in step 1 because I could view them with uk card in, any ideas? When I put the uk card back in the favourites return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

Ok, managed to get them on favourites except ITV1 / UTV but not on EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

do you need a ftv card or can you do it without it. channels on epg or bule button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Just noticed that the box updated to new software R005.053.70.05P and can confirm that the card trick is still working with a Ni card anyway will try others later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

so you have the rebranded "on demand" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Just noticed that the box updated to new software R005.053.70.05P and can confirm that the card trick is still working with a Ni card anyway will try others later on.
    I got this update and have card trick working with NI card but not with Setanta one
    billbond4 wrote: »
    Yes mate also the documentaries have moved from option 8 to option 4 in tv guide

Cool, looking forward to seen what happens when sky anytime + is launched on october 1st

billbond4 wrote: »
    Yes and also the undelete where as you can restore deleted programmes from your planner.

Wish they would put in an option to select all when inside a series link.
    Pain in the hole, deleting items individually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Yes and also the undelete where as you can restore deleted programmes from your planner.

Cheers mate had not found that yet.

Did the forced update, can see the on-demand now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭v10

I have this software on my box (1TB Box) but don't have the rebranded On Demand or undelete options .. Any ideas ?

v10 wrote: »
    I have this software on my box (1TB Box) but don't have the rebranded On Demand or undelete options .. Any ideas ?
    Cant say but this is what it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Still on the old EPG here, when is the rollout expected to be finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

gtg60 wrote: »
    Still on the old EPG here, when is the rollout expected to be finished?
    You're soo lucky :):). Is there any possible way of rolling back to the old epg??? Would really love the ITV's back on the epg:mad::mad:

jca wrote: »
    You're soo lucky :):). Is there any possible way of rolling back to the old epg??? Would really love the ITV's back on the epg:mad::mad:

I don't believe so, it'd be nice to think (wish) that there might be some boxes that don't get the update. I know the early Thomson ones won't be getting it but that doesn't matter as they don't work with the card trick any way.

I don't believe so, it'd be nice to think (wish) that there might be some boxes that don't get the update. I know the early Thomson ones won't be getting it but that doesn't matter as they don't work with the card trick any way.

Most Thomsons are toast at this stage too, complete junk!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

Most Thomsons are toast at this stage too, complete junk!!

mine is still fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bambooman2

Hi,

Could somebody tell me what are the best Sky FTA cards to use (ie Granada, West Country etc) to give the optimum amount of channels (ITV1 HD, Channel 5 and so on) for the card trick.

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

bambooman2 wrote: »
    Could somebody tell me what are the best Sky FTA cards to use (ie Granada, West Country etc) to give the optimum amount of channels (ITV1 HD, Channel 5 and so on) for the card trick.

Any English or Welsh card will get you ITV 1 HD.
    C5 is now on any UK card.

MarkK wrote: »
    Any English or Welsh card will get you ITV 1 HD.
    C5 is now on any UK card.

Thanks MarkK. Do the diffirent ITV regions have individual versions of ITV1 HD or are they all working off ITV1 Granada? If they were individual versions where would be the best palce to get the frequencies?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

Sorry my mistake, I forgot that two of the four ITV1 HD regions on satellite FTV rather than FTA

Encrypted (FTV)
    ITV1 HD Central: on cards for Wales, West, Westcountry, Central.
    ITV1 HD Meridian: on cards for Meridian and Anglia.

FTA:
    ITV1 HD London: on cards for London
    ITV1 HD Granada: on cards for Border, Tyne Tees, Yorkshire, Granada

Frequencies are here:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/28east.html

Ok thanks. So which of these work for the card trick to give you ITV1 HD on your EPG? Only the FTA ones?

Ok thanks. So which of these work for the card trick to give you ITV1 HD on your EPG? Only the FTA ones?

No, any of them will work with the Card Trick (once you have the card matched region) as an Irish sub card will decode the scrambled ITV's.

• Advertisement

Thats great thanks. And looking through the threads there seemed to be issues with recording programs recently. Does this work ok?

Thats great thanks. And looking through the threads there seemed to be issues with recording programs recently. Does this work ok?

Read the thread, if you've the new EPG then only NI region cards seem to work on the full trick but other cards still allow access via the blue button.

Hi, I just got a Sky white card from London. I have just tried using it with my Sky HD 1 TB box. Cant seem to get the card trick working. Channels not showing up in favourites. I followed the steps in this forum. I wonder if I am missing anything? Was hoping to get ITV 1 HD, Channel 4 HD etc working. I believe I have the correct regions inserted in other channels.

Do you have the new EPG?

Do you have the new EPG?
    Yes I do

• Advertisement

Do you have the new EPG?
    Which version of the new EPG do you have ?
    Its now listed as model No under your system details menu.

Which version of the new EPG do you have ?
    Its now listed as model No under your system details menu.
    Hi, the number is R005.053.70.05P

Hi, the number is R005.053.70.05P
    Thought you might have had the newer version which ends in 09p.
    The trick should still work for the blue button trick for you.

I have had a look at the blue button and I can see that I can set recordings for ITV HD for instance. Is there anything further that can be done from the blue button? It seems quite limited. When I am looking at a programme and I select the blue button (for favourites) none of the added in UK channels show up just the normal channels you would expext in a Sky Ireland home. Should I be seeing more here?

I have had a look at the blue button and I can see that I can set recordings for ITV HD for instance. Is there anything further that can be done from the blue button? It seems quite limited. When I am looking at a programme and I select the blue button (for favourites) none of the added in UK channels show up just the normal channels you would expext in a Sky Ireland home. Should I be seeing more here?

Have you ticked all the extra english channels when you have the english card in the box to set them up as favourites otherwise they wont show up as favourites when you put back in the irish card.

Have you ticked all the extra english channels when you have the english card in the box to set them up as favourites otherwise they wont show up as favourites when you put back in the irish card.

Yes I have done this. Is there a 'best practice' page on this somewhere? I have seen slightly different approaches outlined on this forum.

Many thanks

Did u press the green button to save them? Put the box in standby and swop back to the Irish card.

Did u press the green button to save them? Put the box in standby and swop back to the Irish card.

Yes I did this. What channel should be selected when I put the box in standby?

Yes I did this. What channel should be selected when I put the box in standby?
    I normally use 501, sky news during the swop as its common to both epg's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I normally use 105 (channel 5 as I hope it'll make it keep the UK part of the EPG)

• Advertisement

I don't think it really makes any difference as you always end up on the welcome channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 otterstown

After the On Demand upgrade the Card Trick does not work
    Cannot see ITV 1 etc on EPG
    Anybody else notice this or is just me

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Woodie40

Thought you might have had the newer version which ends in 09p.
    The trick should still work for the blue button trick for you.

Is the newer version on the download stream?

I went through the process all over again and I now have the card trick working on the blue button. Thanks to all who helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I went through the process all over again and I now have the card trick working on the blue button. Thanks to all who helped.
    So what did you do differently?

muffler wrote: »
    So what did you do differently?

Went through the process again. However this time I put the box in standby and changed the card when it was tuned to Sky News.

Woodie40 wrote: »
    Is the newer version on the download stream?
    No its not on the download stream as of yet. Its supposed to be a fix for people whos boxes are freezing and crashing every couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I don't think it really makes any difference as you always end up on the welcome channel.

Not if you leave it on Channel 5. You stay on Channel 5. Or at least I do.
    However, I'm still on the old EPG, maybe that matters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Not if you leave it on Channel 5. You stay on Channel 5. Or at least I do.
    However, I'm still on the old EPG, maybe that matters?

Yes I think that is the reason, mine used to work that way before the upgrade but not now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

OK I tried the "Card Trick" with an old Blue Sky Card "Granada Region" & I didn't work. I'm on the new EPG Version 9b I think. When I store the channels on the UK card as Fav's they are missing when I put back in the Irish card.
    It looks like I'm screwed on this one. Can anyone confirm this :(

Advertisement