Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

OK I tried the "Card Trick" with an old Blue Sky Card "Granada Region" & I didn't work. I'm on the new EPG Version 9b I think. When I store the channels on the UK card as Fav's they are missing when I put back in the Irish card.
    It looks like I'm screwed on this one. Can anyone confirm this :(

You can only access the channels by using the blue button while watching tv. The channels are not on the epg, they're only available via the blue button and the "other channels" tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bambooman2

vampyre wrote: »
    You can only access the channels by using the blue button while watching tv. The channels are not on the epg, they're only available via the blue button and the "other channels" tab.

I can confirm that this is correct and that this is working well for me. You can also search for programs in the future in the search area and set a recording for them. For instance my wife is a Downton Abbey fan and I have been able to record episodes and set series links.

bambooman2 wrote: »
    I can confirm that this is correct and that this is working well for me. You can also search for programs in the future in the search area and set a recording for them. For instance my wife is a Downton Abbey fan and I have been able to record episodes and set series links.

Great! If you could find my missing itv hd now everything would be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Great! If you could find my missing itv hd now everything would be perfect.
    Im still on the old EPG (Granada region card) and lost ITV HD some time ago also.

muffler wrote: »
    Im still on the old EPG (Granada region card) and lost ITV HD some time ago also.

I lost the channel for a day or so a few weeks ago, retuned it to its new frequency and no problem after that but I cannot get 178 to store as a favourite with the new box.:(

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »

You probably have the wrong region in other channels. You need the correct region for the card you are using or it will not work AIUI. I have ITV HD working perfectly on the blue button. I have a London card and ITV HD London is tuned in in other channels. You use the blue button when watching a channel not when you are on the EPG. Being able to flick through ITV HD, Channel HD etc and see whats on without having to visit other channels is a huge improvement. It would be nice to have them on the EPG as well but the blue button is great.

You probably have the wrong region in other channels. You need the correct region for the card you are using or it will not work AIUI. I have ITV HD working perfectly on the blue button. I have a London card and ITV HD London is tuned in in other channels. You use the blue button when watching a channel not when you are on the EPG. Being able to flick through ITV HD, Channel HD etc and see whats on without having to visit other channels is a huge improvement. It would be nice to have them on the EPG as well but the blue button is great.

I have a Granada card and had everything working but I just can't get 178 to show via the blue button. Any ideas?

I have a Granada card and had everything working but I just can't get 178 to show via the blue button. Any ideas?

Go to Kingofsat.net, in the top right hand corner search for ITV1 HD. Find the Granada version of ITV1 HD and add its frequency into Other Channels. Not sure if ITV1 HD will come up as 178 but it should be there nonetheless. You will need to boot up with the UK card, suspend, put in the Irish card etc again I would imagine.

Go to Kingofsat.net, in the top right hand corner search for ITV1 HD. Find the Granada version of ITV1 HD and add its frequency into Other Channels. Not sure if ITV1 HD will come up as 178 but it should be there nonetheless. You will need to boot up with the UK card, suspend, put in the Irish card etc again I would imagine.

I did all that and it just won't show up, just the SD version. Worked fine on the old epg.

I did all that and it just won't show up, just the SD version. Worked fine on the old epg.

Go the PC route. 'When in doubt reboot!' Leave the box on the same channel for 5 minutes when you take it out of suspension with the Irish card in place. Many people seem to use Channel 5 for this. IT took me two attempts to get it working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sorry I phrased it wrongly. When I have the UK card in and save those channels as fav's they are working via the blue button. Its when I change back to the Irish card those channels are not available on the blue button anymore. I must be doing something wrong :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Sorry I phrased it wrongly. When I have the UK card in and save those channels as fav's they are working via the blue button. Its when I change back to the Irish card those channels are not available on the blue button anymore. I must be doing something wrong :(
    Boot from the UK card and wait for the Uk epg to load completely,go to 501(sky news), then,services,options,favourites. All the favourites should be ticked from previous attempts. Don't forget to save the ticked favourites by pressing the green button. Press Backup until all menus are gone from the screen and press the blue button to confirm all favourites are indeed stored. Go to STANDBY, swap back to the Irish card and turn on the box. That sequence works for me. P.S. The box will go to CH.998 when you turn on but it should have favourites stored.

jca wrote: »
    Boot from the UK card and wait for the Uk epg to load completely,go to 501(sky news), then,services,options,favourites. All the favourites should be ticked from previous attempts. Don't forget to save the ticked favourites by pressing the green button. Press Backup until all menus are gone from the screen and press the blue button to confirm all favourites are indeed stored. Go to STANDBY, swap back to the Irish card and turn on the box. That sequence works for me. P.S. The box will go to CH.998 when you turn on but it should have favourites stored.

Boot from the UK card = Power off the box from the mains and power back on ?

Ok I will try that & report back. thanks :)

Edit: tried it and it worked but ITV1HD is missing. There might be more not sure yet

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭alanashe

I had problems getting ITV HD to work for the Granada region. In the end I ended up adding all ITV HD regions to my other channels. Redone the card trick and I can now access ITV HD via the blue button.

alanashe wrote: »
    I had problems getting ITV HD to work for the Granada region. In the end I ended up adding all ITV HD regions to my other channels. Redone the card trick and I can now access ITV HD via the blue button.

Can you give the steps for that. I added all the itv 1HD from kingofsat. There was one of the itv1 freq wrong so that one didn't work. It's when I go to the epg and try to add itv1 hd as a favourite (think its ch 178) the problem occurs. It saves alright as favourite and shows up in the blue button on the uk card when I scroll through . It's when I swap cards it disappears from the blue button :(

Edit: after numerous tries itv1hd is now showing via the blue button :D. Can't get channel 5 though. But not to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

I have a tyne tees card and so couldnt get ITV HD the blue button but just tried what alanashe did and added all regions of ITV HD and i now have it,thanks
    Its the granada region i have picked up

yeah i can only get channel 5+1 meself,not very bothered with channel 5 tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

Edit: after numerous tries itv1hd is now showing via the blue button

Trying to do this too and having similar issues.
    If I add all the ITV1HD freq to the other channels do I then have to select them all as favourites??
    I can't seem to select any 'other channels' as favourites?

You need to select them as fav's when u have your uk card in,whatever region it is that you have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

manutd83 wrote: »
    You need to select them as fav's when u have your uk card in,whatever region it is that you have

But there doesn't seem to be a way to add 'other channels' to favourites even with uk card in?

• Advertisement

No when you have all the regions in the other channels just add the ITV HD on the uk epg as a fav and then when your finished doing the trick one of the itvhd regions should show up on your favs on your irish card

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

My box seems to have upgraded and stays on channel 5 and doesn't store anymore :(

How many ITV HD regions are available via other channels please?
    I know that London and Granada are but what are the others?
    MTIA.

there is only 2 or 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

There are 5
    London x2
    Granada
    Meridian South
    Central West

Ok I have a little problem maybe someone can help with.
    I set up the extra channels on both sky boxes but today the boxes hung. You couldn't change channels or anything and the only way to get boxes back was to unplug and reboot. What ended up happening is that any recording that were taking place failed.
    Has anyone else experienced this.
    It has only started to happen since using the card trick :(

gtg60 wrote: »
    There are 5
    London x2
    Granada
    Meridian South
    Central West

I thought meridian and central west couldn't be tuned in to a sky box or am I dreaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

I thought meridian and central west couldn't be tuned in to a sky box or am I dreaming?

Sorry, you're right, I misread the question :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

My Amstrad model 4F3006 (DRX780) updated last night and with a London card, only the Blue Button now works for viewing, live pause and recording.
    However, as a previous poster mentions, it seems that you can use the search function and set recordings on the 'blue button' channels. I searched for something on Ch4 and it listed Ch4 #104 as one of the entries and not Ch4 #135. I'll need to confirm that it works though.

• Advertisement

MBSnr wrote: »
    My Amstrad model 4F3006 (DRX780) updated last night and with a London card, only the Blue Button now works for viewing, live pause and recording.
    However, as a previous poster mentions, it seems that you can use the search function and set recordings on the 'blue button' channels. I searched for something on Ch4 and it listed Ch4 #104 as one of the entries and not Ch4 #135. I'll need to confirm that it works though.
    It works perfectly. Getting a bit anorakish here but you could use 230 ch4 hd either.

Ok I have a little problem maybe someone can help with.
    I set up the extra channels on both sky boxes but today the boxes hung. You couldn't change channels or anything and the only way to get boxes back was to unplug and reboot. What ended up happening is that any recording that were taking place failed.
    Has anyone else experienced this.
    It has only started to happen since using the card trick :(

I think what could be causing the problem is when the box records 2 programs at the same time (one from the Irish EPG and one from the card trick Fav). Last night I recorded ITV1HD & Rte1. The ITV program recorded but the Rte one failed. The box then froze because I had ITV2 set to record and that failed also.

Has anyone expeienced this problem. If it keeps happening with the recordings then there is no point doing the card trick. I'm puzzled by it.

Any help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tibolt

When I try to order a FTV card from Sky using the link https://mysky.sky.com/replacecard/get-a-card, the page is no longer there.

Anyone know how to obtain a (NI) FTV card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I think what could be causing the problem is when the box records 2 programs at the same time (one from the Irish EPG and one from the card trick Fav). Last night I recorded ITV1HD & Rte1. The ITV program recorded but the Rte one failed. The box then froze because I had ITV2 set to record and that failed also.

Has anyone expeienced this problem. If it keeps happening with the recordings then there is no point doing the card trick. I'm puzzled by it.

Any help :(
    You cannot record 2 card trick programmes at the same time, the only way to do this is get sky multiroom, that's how I do it, you can however record an irish card channel & a card trick programme at the same time so long as you make sure your irish card channel is on at the time the second recording starts, I am finding this also happens when trying to record football first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Something I noticed on BBC news as a fav (at least) is it keeps resetting back to ch 998. Anyone else see this? It's the last fav saved so might try deleting all and start over.

energy1942 wrote: »
    You cannot record 2 card trick programmes at the same time, the only way to do this is get sky multiroom, that's how I do it, you can however record an irish card channel & a card trick programme at the same time so long as you make sure your irish card channel is on at the time the second recording starts, I am finding this also happens when trying to record football first.

I have multi room. I'm not trying to record say ITV1 HD & ITV2. It was ITV & Rte. So you mean that if I record ITV & a non card trick channel it has to be on the specific irish card channel or any channel on the irish card. You know normally it changes channel automatically when you have 2 channels set to record.

Hope my post makes sense :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Can you give the steps for that. I added all the itv 1HD from kingofsat. There was one of the itv1 freq wrong so that one didn't work. It's when I go to the epg and try to add itv1 hd as a favourite (think its ch 178) the problem occurs. It saves alright as favourite and shows up in the blue button on the uk card when I scroll through . It's when I swap cards it disappears from the blue button :(

Edit: after numerous tries itv1hd is now showing via the blue button :D. Can't get channel 5 though. But not to worry

Channel 5 is like itv1 hd there's a load of them in the family so maybe adding them all would work I have it using a Ni card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I have multi room. I'm not trying to record say ITV1 HD & ITV2. It was ITV & Rte. So you mean that if I record ITV & a non card trick channel it has to be on the specific irish card channel or any channel on the irish card. You know normally it changes channel automatically when you have 2 channels set to record.

Hope my post makes sense :o
    If you are recording 2 channels at the same time & one of them being a card trick channel then you must have the non card trick channel on, for example if you recording ITV & Rte you must have your box on 101 when the later of the recordings is about to begin otherwise only one will record.

energy1942 wrote: »
    If you are recording 2 channels at the same time & one of them being a card trick channel then you must have the non card trick channel on, for example if you recording ITV & Rte you must have your box on 101 when the later of the recordings is about to begin otherwise only one will record.

I assume if you have it the other way around thats what causes the box to hang.
    Thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Box updated overnight from R005.053.70.05P to R005.053.70.11P and the card trick still works. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Box updated overnight from R005.053.70.05P to R005.053.70.11P and the card trick still works. :D

Cool.
    What brand box is this? Samsung? Pace? Amstrad?

• Advertisement

Cool.
    What brand box is this? Samsung? Pace? Amstrad?
    Its an Amstrad DRX 890 version No 4f3106 also working on version No.4f31d4

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Its an Amstrad DRX 890 version No 4f3106
    The 4f3106 works with NI ftv card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Stobart

Hi folks,
    I currently have 2 HD boxes { 1 Amstrad (main tv) and 1 Pace ( In attic split to 4 rooms via magic eyes)}
    I have the card trick working well since its discovery last year.
    On the Amstrad its through the blue button as its new epg and the pace is the " on the epg " way. My card is West region i.e itv 1 is itv 1 west.
    I'm thinking of upgrading to a 2tb (1tb) box, Does the trick work in any way on it ? And which box do you think i should replace ? I love the pace with the channels on epg but is it going to get left behind as its still old epg ?
    I've also set up on demand on the Amstrad which is great, do you need new epg to activate it ? Haven't bothered setting up the pace box yet.

Sorry for all the questions/details of setup, just wanted to give people answering as much info as possible:o
    Thanks.

jca wrote: »
    The 4f3106 works with NI ftv card?
    Yes it still works 100% with Ni card.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I was able to pause and record the itv channels via the blue button up until sunday, but now it wont work. I get a message saying live pause is not available orif I try to record "This programme can not be inserted into the planner". Any ideas what is wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ellieh1 wrote: »
    I was able to pause and record the itv channels via the blue button up until sunday, but now it wont work. I get a message saying live pause is not available orif I try to record "This programme can not be inserted into the planner". Any ideas what is wrong?

i get this quite a bit - to resolve it I have to switch the box off and re-do the card trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭galtee boy

For all owners of Samsung boxes, currently using the full version of the card trick, it's days are numbered because as reported on another forum, Sky started rolling out the new EPG to Samsung boxes last night. Mine didn't get it yet, but it's only a matter of days now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Blast. Hopefully the NI card will work still.

Both boxes updated overnight to version 0.11P. Card trick still working I got " no satellite signal bring received" error on resuming after putting back in the Irish card. In panic I punched in 101 and after a few seconds got RTE1. I hope this is the final release of the EPG as I can't take anymore heart attacks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

Hey where do I get a NI FTV card?

• Advertisement
Advertisement