Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

ITV Central West.
    Have had HD for months and it worked fine. Cancelled sports a few months ago, but again, it worked fine up until a week or two ago.

What happens exactly? Does the uk epg load after the reboot but favourites disappear when the Irish card is reinserted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Have had HD for months and it worked fine. .

Hang on, hang on, you've a HD sub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

ITV Central West.
    Have had HD for months and it worked fine. Cancelled sports a few months ago, but again, it worked fine up until a week or two ago.

Which worked fine? Blue Button or full card trick?

Brilliant if full card trick works with HD now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Which worked fine? Blue Button or full card trick?

Brilliant if full card trick works with HD now!!

Just the blue button.

I tried to do it again yesterday, and despite the fact that I cant access any UK channels by pressing blue, my series links have remained. However, Ive no way setting any new series links.

jca wrote: »
    What happens exactly? Does the uk epg load after the reboot but favourites disappear when the Irish card is reinserted?

UK EPG loads, then after a few seconds the Irish one loads. Then when I press blue for favourites all I can get are Irish channels, no UK ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

UK EPG loads, then after a few seconds the Irish one loads. Then when I press blue for favourites all I can get are Irish channels, no UK ones.
    You may need to check your favourites while you have your UK card inserted, if your epg is switching while your UK card is inserted, it must a card problem.

energy1942 wrote: »
    You may need to check your favourites while you have your UK card inserted, if your epg is switching while your UK card is inserted, it must a card problem.

Sorry, I mean the Irish EPG loads once the Irish card goes in. Ive tried adding favourites too, but no joy. It tells me theyre all added when the UK card is in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry, I mean the Irish EPG loads once the Irish card goes in. Ive tried adding favourites too, but no joy. It tells me theyre all added when the UK card is in.
    Are you sure you're doing the "trick" correctly? Can you post a step by step list of what you're doing.

With the uk in I often have to delete one fav, add it again and save for the trick to work

muffler wrote: »
    Are you sure you're doing the "trick" correctly? Can you post a step by step list of what you're doing.

Well I've been doing it the same way I always have:
    -Power off at socket
    - UK Card in
    - Switch to 105
    - Standby
    - Insert Irish card
    - Power on box and open EPG

• Advertisement

-Power off at socket
    - UK Card in
    - Switch to 105
    - Standby
    - Insert Irish card
    That should do it.

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago where the ITV channels wouldnt appear on the EPG and maybe only 2 channels via the blue button. It turned out that I was using a Granada region card instead of the UTV card that I have.

Perhaps the boxes are getting updates and apart from the UTV and CI region cards the trick wont work.

Maybe others can confirm what region card they're using and if the trick still works or not.

That should do it.

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago where the ITV channels wouldnt appear on the EPG and maybe only 2 channels via the blue button. It turned out that I was using a Granada region card instead of the UTV card that I have.

Perhaps the boxes are getting updates and apart from the UTV and CI region cards the trick wont work.

Maybe others can confirm what region card they're using and if the trick still works or not.

I have a Westcountry tv card & I have just done the blue button trick successfully, how I did it is as follows:

Switch cards (Irish to UK),
    Switched box off at the mains ,
    Switched box on at the mains ,
    When green light comes on, check that it is on the UK epg,
    Tune to CH 133 (Gold),
    wait about 60 seconds & Switch cards again (UK to Irish),that should do it, however it is important to check that the channels are in other channels & that they are in favourites while Uk card is inserted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just to confirm, did the full trick (UTV card full EPG) from the very beginning there and no problems to report.

-Power off at socket
    - UK Card in
    - Switch to 105
    - Standby
    - Insert Irish card

When you are on the uk epg are you going into favourites via the services button and making sure all the uk channels are ticked, don't forget to press the green button to save them. Then go to standby and swap back to the Irish card. Trick is working fine for me with a UTV card.

When you are on the uk epg are you going into favourites via the services button and making sure all the uk channels are ticked, don't forget to press the green button to save them. Then go to standby and swap back to the Irish card. Trick is working fine for me with a UTV card.

As far as I know they are there but may as well try it again now just to be sure.

Dont it again, and the favourites weren't saved, though I'm nearly sure they were last time. I unplugged the On Demand box this time. Maybe that did something?

Will try with OD Box plugged in now and see if all still works fine.

As far as I know they are there but may as well try it again now just to be sure.

Dont it again, and the favourites weren't saved, though I'm nearly sure they were last time. I unplugged the On Demand box this time. Maybe that did something?

Will try with OD Box plugged in now and see if all still works fine.

Is it working now? The od never made a difference to me.

Is it working now? The od never made a difference to me.

Yeah, seems to be.

Of course it is entirely possible I'm just an idiot and forgot yo check the favourites before this attempt haha.

Cheers for the help anyway folks.

Yeah, seems to be.

Of course it is entirely possible I'm just an idiot and forgot yo check the favourites before this attempt haha.

Cheers for the help anyway folks.

You're welcome. When I was on the blue button I got caught on the green save button as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 david1982

Blue button trick not working from this morning. Sky box updated last night. All favourites gone. Anyone know a way around this

• Advertisement

Looks like that's the end of being able to record the uk channels. I was using a west country sky card. Nothing I've tried has worked this morning.

Something strange happening alright. I give my UTV card to my daughter and she can get everything up and running but every morning when she brings the box out of standby the "trick channels" are gone from the EPG. She only got Sky installed a couple of months ago and its one of the boxes with the built in wifi. I dont know if that makes any difference or not.

She's going to try the blue button method for the next couple of days and we'll see how that goes.

Something strange happening alright. I give my UTV card to my daughter and she can get everything up and running but every morning when she brings the box out of standby the "trick channels" are gone from the EPG. She only got Sky installed a couple of months ago and its one of the boxes with the built in wifi. I dont know if that makes any difference or not.

She's going to try the blue button method for the next couple of days and we'll see how that goes.

Check that her box is not in Eco mode... It shuts it down completely every night. She wants it to just go to standby . It's somewhere in settings . I can give better directions later

Check that her box is not in Eco mode... It shuts it down completely every night. She wants it to just go to standby . It's somewhere in settings . I can give better directions later
    Ah! That could be the issue indeed. I had forgotten about that so I'll get her to check that this afternoon.

Seriously is nobody else having this problem tonight. They have added extra settings in the add channels section. If it hasn't happened to your box already the update is on the way. No more blue button. As soon as you put the Irish card back in the box all other uk channels disappear from favourites

what software version are you on?

My epg version is R009.066.77.08P
    Box is: 4f3120

Full Card Trick still working....

• Advertisement

david1982 wrote: »
    Seriously is nobody else having this problem tonight. They have added extra settings in the add channels section. If it hasn't happened to your box already the update is on the way. No more blue button. As soon as you put the Irish card back in the box all other uk channels disappear from favourites

Have you checked that the channels are in other channels, also have you checked that the favourite channels have been saved using the green button,

Can you explain the new features in other channels.

They have added a modulation scheme section to add channels with options of QPSK and 8PSK and standard DVB-S and DVB-S2. The software update has 124 pages to read through. The version no is 4f3120 and the model no is R010.070.58.00p

They have added a modulation scheme section to add channels with options of QPSK and 8PSK and standard DVB-S and DVB-S2. The software update has 124 pages to read through. The version no is 4f3120 and the model no is R010.070.58.00p

In layman's terms please! Will that mean we can add some of the HD channels that we couldn't previously, due to the sky box restrictions?

software info is 124 pages long for my version too :)

I can not find any info in EPG R010.070.58.00p anywhere ........ Looks like they got you first David!

software info is 124 pages long for my version too :)

I can not find any info in EPG R010.070.58.00p anywhere ........ Looks like they got you first David!

Thats probably because i work for sky

we always get the updates before everyone else

i had the new epg about 4 weeks before it was generally rolled out

oh and in lamens terms i dont know anything about the tech side of the boxes so cant really help with that

looks like yous all have about 3 weeks before the blue button trick is gone forever

• Advertisement

Seriously is nobody else having this problem tonight. They have added extra settings in the add channels section. If it hasn't happened to your box already the update is on the way. No more blue button. As soon as you put the Irish card back in the box all other UK channels disappear from favourites

This happened a few weeks ago just with BBC 2 England,I had it saved in favourites and in add channels but it didn't show when I put the ROI card back in.

zorro2566 wrote: »
    This happened a few weeks ago just with BBC 2 England,I had it saved in favourites and in add channels but it didn't show when I put the ROI card back in.
    BBC2 England & BBC 1 London will still work if you select it from other channels, select a recorded programme, then press sky & when it goes back to
    BBC2 England or BBC 1 London, press channel + or - on your remote control, then you will be able to record it.

oh and in lamens terms i dont know anything about the tech side of the boxes so cant really help with that

looks like yous all have about 3 weeks before the blue button trick is gone forever

Will the full EPG using my UTV card be gone too?

Will the full EPG using my UTV card be gone too?

I dont know ive been using the westcountry card and its not working

i have full package with hd

all the uk channels are ticked and saved in favourates when i have the uk card in

as soon as i put the irish one in all the uk ones gone and all series links are also gone

its as if ive powered the box up with the irish card inside the box

I'm able to add all the BBC hd channels now in other channels. Bbc1 NI HD CBEEBIES HD BBC NEWS HD AND BBC3 and bbc4 HD.

I'm able to add all the BBC hd channels now in other channels. Bbc1 NI HD CBEEBIES HD BBC NEWS HD AND BBC3 and bbc4 HD.

Can you trying to record as follows:

BBC2 England & BBC 1 London will still work if you select it from other channels, select a recorded programme, then press sky & when it goes back to
    BBC2 England or BBC 1 London, press channel + or - on your remote control, then you will be able to record it.

Can you trying to record as follows:

That works for me with a BBC West Midlands card, thanks!

That's not working for me but I would be Looking to record channel 5 anyway sure the BBC HD and BBC 2 are recordable anyway so not much use to me but thanks for the suggestion. Hoping someone comes up with a fix when the updates hit the rest of your boxes. I thought it might have been something to do with sky sports 5 launching and the sports having their own section on the home screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Which model of box do you have as it seems the DRX595 boxes are the only ones getting this update at the moment with DRX 890/895's to follow later.?

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Which model of box do you have as it seems the DRX595 boxes are the only ones getting this update at the moment with DRX 890/895's to follow later.?

I haven't a clue how to check. I have 3 sky plus HD boxes and they all updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

i have full package with hd

all the uk channels are ticked and saved in favourates when i have the uk card in

as soon as i put the irish one in all the uk ones gone and all series links are also gone

its as if ive powered the box up with the irish card inside the box

Is that the issue there? Does the card trick not work if you have the HD package?

It worked fine with the HD up until 2 days ago

Plascebo wrote: »
    Is that the issue there? Does the card trick not work if you have the HD package?

Blue button trick currently works with hd
    Full card trick doesn't

Anxiously waiting for software update !!!

I have just been on the phone to BSKYB, talking to a representative at there Donegal centre,

I wanted to find out when I may expect a software update, he asked for my Version number & model number, 4f3101 & R009.066.77.08P

He left me for several minutes & Came back & told me that my box has the very latest software update & that there are no plans to update in the near future,

He also told me that sky have no plans to roll out such a change that would add 23,000 & 29,000 to the Symbol rate on Add channels currently & that such a plan would almost certainly be accompanied by a press announcement.

I have just been on the phone to BSKYB, talking to a representative at there Donegal centre,

I wanted to find out when I may expect a software update, he asked for my Version number & model number, 4f3101 & R009.066.77.08P

He left me for several minutes & Came back & told me that my box has the very latest software update & that there are no plans to update in the near future,

He also told me that sky have no plans to roll out such a change that would add 23,000 & 29,000 to the Symbol rate on Add channels currently & that such a plan would almost certainly be accompanied by a press announcement.

No offence to the lads in the Derry office but i can tell you now he is wrong

all my collegues had their boxes updated and i can tell you 100 precent that the 23,000 symbol rate has been added

all the BBC hd channels are now available to add to other channels

like i said they always update our boxes first for some reason so yous can all expect it to be generally rolled out

i wish i could post a pic to this page to show you but i dont think i can do that can i

all my collegues had their boxes updated and i can tell you 100 precent that the 23,000 symbol rate has been added

like i said they always update our boxes first for some reason so yous can all expect it to be generally rolled out

i wish i could post a pic to this page to show you but i dont think i can do that can i
    I have sent an email to BSKYB asking for clarification about this, if & when I receive a reply, I will Post it here, but for now I am happy to go with what the Customer service representative told me, he seemed very sure of the facts of what I was enquiring about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

If so, it's strange that there is no mention of this over on Digital Spy - the members there are usually fast to advise on any proposed changes.

Just noticed that the sky movies on demand section has updated and its the actual front covers of the movie posters showing up now looks pretty slick

Has this happened with everyones box ??

Ah! That could be the issue indeed. I had forgotten about that so I'll get her to check that this afternoon.
    Just to update this wee issue. Yeah, the Eco mode setting was the problem. She changed it and has all the UK FTA channels on the EPG now and more importantly they are staying on the EPG :)

Thanks for the help Citizenpain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Just noticed that the sky movies on demand section has updated and its the actual front covers of the movie posters showing up now looks pretty slick

Has this happened with everyones box ??

Can you post a picture of that and also a pic of the system details screen please.휊

Advertisement