Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Can you post a picture of that and also a pic of the system details screen please.휊

Why?? What has silly pictures on sky demand movies got to do with being able to record ITV CH5 etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

jca wrote: »
    Why?? What has silly pictures on sky demand movies got to do with being able to record ITV CH5 etc?

No it has nothing to do with being able to do the card trick but if version 10 does away with the card trick then it will have and that's why I would like a pic of the system details screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

No it has nothing to do with being able to do the card trick but if version 10 does away with the card trick then it will have and that's why I would like a pic of the system details screen.

The card trick has been there for 4 Years, in one form or another,

why do so many think that it may be about to be scrapped now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 david1982

Can you post a picture of that and also a pic of the system details screen please.휊

How do I post a picture on here

energy1942 wrote: »
    The card trick has been there for 4 Years, in one form or another,

why do so many think that it may be about to be scrapped now?

Because I was doing the card trick and my box updated and now it's not working. I'll happily upload a pic on here if some one tell me how to do it ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

david1982 wrote: »
    Because I was doing the card trick and my box updated and now it's not working. I'll happily upload a pic on here if some one tell me how to do it ??
    Having less than 50 posts you cant upload pics. There is a way round it alright but I cant recall it now.

However if you wanted to email the pic(s) to me I can do it for you. If you're interested PM me and I'll forward my email address.

If you could show a Pic,

what would it show ?

The 23.000 symbol rate has been added and the updated version. This updated version has obviously made my card trick obsolete

muffler wrote: »
    Having less than 50 posts you cant upload pics. There is a way round it alright but I cant recall it now.

However if you wanted to email the pic(s) to me I can do it for you. If you're interested PM me and I'll forward my email address.

PM sent

Photos from david1982 below

65TCFT.jpeg

6xrDTP.jpeg

8tmFiu.jpeg

58ri3F.jpeg

• Advertisement

If the trick is lost in the future, I may have to go for a Freesat box,

Has anyone used the
    infoimage_static.php?name=GOODMANS
    HD SATELLITE BOX 320GB HDD

Model : GD11FSRHD32X
    Available at Power City for €159.95 and is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Photos from david1982 below

65TCFT.jpeg

6xrDTP.jpeg

8tmFiu.jpeg

58ri3F.jpeg
    Are all the boxes getting this update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

When did the 23 MBaud symbol rate become available?

Just with this update?

lawred2 wrote: »
    When did the 23 MBaud symbol rate become available?

Just with this update?

yes

just with the new update

not sure when it will be generally rolled out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

yes

just with the new update

cool

If we manually force a firmware upgrade will it pick it up? Did you have to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Forced update wont work at the moment.

lawred2 wrote: »
    cool

If we manually force a firmware upgrade will it pick it up? Did you have to do that?

Why would you want to lose the trick channels? Seriously considering dropping sky and going freesat.

Why would you want to lose the trick channels? Seriously considering dropping sky and going freesat.

To early to say that the trick is gone, remember 2 years ago when we all expected to loose the trick & the blue button trick was discovered, also we have no clear evidence that this ''update'' is going to be made available to everyone & if it does what it will look like then, as I pointed out last Friday when I phoned sky I was told that tuning in BBC/ITV HD channels to other channels would not happen.

I also note that we only have one person Dave 1982, who knows of this so far & that I have not seen any other reports of this particular change on either Boards.ie or on Digital spy,

To early to say that the trick is gone, remember 2 years ago when we all expected to loose the trick & the blue button trick was discovered, also we have no clear evidence that this ''update'' is going to be made available to everyone & if it does what it will look like then, as I pointed out last Friday when I phoned sky I was told that tuning in BBC/ITV HD channels to other channels would not happen.

I also note that we only have one person Dave 1982, who knows of this so far & that I have not seen any other reports of this particular change on either Boards.ie or on Digital spy,

Hopefully we wont loose the card trick when this rolls out but this is being rolled out to DRX595 boxes at the moment with only one difference as in 02 at the end instead of 00 at the end, have a look here.http://www.skyepginfo.co.uk/skyhd/skyhd.html

Hopefully we wont loose the card trick when this rolls out but this is being rolled out to DRX595 boxes at the moment with only one difference as in 02 at the end instead of 00 at the end, have a look here.http://www.skyepginfo.co.uk/skyhd/skyhd.html

I am unable to access your link:

Can you explain what you mean by 02 at the end instead of 00 at the end?

• Advertisement

I am unable to access your link:

Can you explain what you mean by 02 at the end instead of 00 at the end?

Nothing wrong with link here, the version No. being rolled out to DRX595 boxes is R010.070.58.02p whereas the one on David1982 box is R010.070.58.00P that's the difference

Nothing wrong with link here, the version No. being rolled out to DRX595 boxes is R010.070.58.02p whereas the one on David1982 box is R010.070.58.00P that's the difference

I have accessed the link & I understand what you mean,

I notice that the description of the update makes no mention of changes to Add channels as shown by David 1982.

Whats New
    • Adds support for Sky Wireless Connector Mini.
    • Box Office purchases and Interactive Services can now be processed via the Internet connection.
    • The process of pairing a Sky Viewing Card to the SkyHD box has been simplified. When a Sky Viewing Card is inserted into the box which isnt paired to it a popup will be displayed on screen prompting the user to press Select to pair the card to the box. This feature requires either and internet or telephone line connection to the box.
    • An option to disable the BackUp to TVGuide feature introduced in R009 has been added and can be found at Options > Customize > BackUp to TVGuide.
    • Firmware rollout commenced Thursday 14th August 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

yes

just with the new update

You've got them talking over on Digital Spy too!! http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1999716&page=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

I have just received this reply:

Your email address is in that document, you might want to remove it.

gtg60 wrote: »
    Your email address is in that document, you might want to remove it.

Thank you for that I hope I have corrected this,

Can you check if I have?

Nope it's still there

Nope it's still there

Can you advise me how to deal with this?

Can you advise me how to deal with this?
    You would need to delete the attachment and then get your original document and change the text in the email and upload it or alternatively print it out and put a score through the email address, scan and upload/re-post.

You would need to delete the attachment and then get your original document and change the text in the email and upload it or alternatively print it out and put a score through the email address, scan and upload/re-post.
    Could you suggest how I
    can delete the attachment?

• Advertisement

Could you suggest how I
    can delete the attachment?
    You should be able to edit your post.....I think. If that doesnt work report the post and ask the forum mods to remove it.

Edit / yeah I just checked on a post I had up yesterday with attachments in it and when you click the edit tab at the bottom of your post the document can then be removed. Just click save when finished.

I have just received this reply:

Aaaaaanyway, it looks like sky are rolling out updates that their staff aren't aware of, all very confusing indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Whats New
    • Box Office purchases and Interactive Services can now be processed via the Internet connection.

About time!

I have sent an email to BSKYB asking for clarification about this, if & when I receive a reply, I will Post it here, but for now I am happy to go with what the Customer service representative told me, he seemed very sure of the facts of what I was enquiring about

I have received this email from sky.

just a heads up

from september you will need to have the HD package to be able to recieve the box sets on demand

just a heads up

from september you will need to have the HD package to be able to recieve the box sets on demand

If sky stopped treating us like the country cousins and gave us the HD for free like in the uk....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

just a heads up

Even in standard definition?

Even in standard definition?

I'm afrade so

Half price HD for 1 year is available at the moment and if you have an old sky box you can get a free HD box with 30 euro install when taking HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

just a heads up

.. which is just one more reason why it's bye bye Sky from me

Half price HD for 1 year is available at the moment and if you have an old sky box you can get a free HD box with 30 euro install when taking HD

30 euro install, that's a joke, two sat cables, a hdmi cable and plug it in, hardly difficult in fairness. Why should we Irish feel privileged to be paying 7.50 pm for something they get for free in the uk.

• Advertisement

30 euro install, that's a joke, two sat cables, a hdmi cable and plug it in, hardly difficult in fairness. Why should we Irish feel privileged to be paying 7.50 pm for something they get for free in the uk.

who said you should feel privileged ???

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

If sky stopped treating us like the country cousins and gave us the HD for free like in the uk....

Have they changed the pack to being free now? Last I knew of the UK packages was that they split the HD pack up so it was basically half the HD pack price to get HD access if you didn't have or want HD movies or sport and just renamed entertainment + HD as the Family Bundle or something like that.

who said you should feel privileged ???

Sky reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

If we lose the card trick with the new update I will definitely be cancelling sky and going the freeview route!

I wonder what this means and could it be the reason that we could lose the trick channels?

Has anyone with the latest epg tried the trick with a UTV card?

Has anyone with the latest epg tried the trick with a UTV card?
    I am fast coming to the conclusion that my best option will be to buy a Digital PVR recorder box, Power City has one for €159.95 with twin tuners which means I can record 2 Uk channels at the same time, I will need a new LNB, but this will end my constant worry about the trick. It will also mean I can use my sky boxes as normal.

I am fast coming to the conclusion that my best option will be to buy a Digital PVR recorder box, Power City has one for €159.95 with twin tuners which means I can record 2 Uk channels at the same time, I will need a new LNB, but this will end my constant worry about the trick. It will also mean I can use my sky boxes as normal.

Jaysus that's a bit of overkill for 5 extra channels. Can you get an lnb with 8 outputs? My house will be going back to the 70s when somethings on ITV, sit down at the correct time and endure the ad breaks....

• Advertisement
Advertisement