Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

Was looking forward to that feature too, but its not working for me on my philips tv (I have CEC enabled)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

billbond4 wrote: »
    (I have CEC enabled)
    How do you enable it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

billbond4 wrote: »
    Was looking forward to that feature too, but its not working for me on my philips tv (I have CEC enabled)

It worked on my Samsung tv until I rolled the update back to the earlier version. It never worked on the other box with a Toshiba tv. Would much prefer to have the card trick back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

muffler wrote: »
    How do you enable it?

It's on your TV settings, it's enabled by default on the latest software, for more info see here.
    http://help.sky.com/articles/hdmi-one-touch-play?country=ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

At least we can get Channel 5 HD, ITV 2,3 and 4 in HD now as well with the new firmware. An extra bonus I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

At least we can get Channel 5 HD, ITV 2,3 and 4 in HD now as well with the new firmware. An extra bonus I guess.

Yes you can tune them in but you need a UK sub to watch them as they are all subscription channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Yes you can tune them in but you need a UK sub to watch them as they are all subscription channels.

The ITV HD channels have always been available on an Irish card.

SPAWKER wrote: »

Nope. Watched them all last night on an Irish HD sub.

Yes, I've been watching ITV Encore on a sky box with an Irish HD sub since it started in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

On a Sky box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Yes, they are all available now on a sky box with an ROI hd sub, even Channel 5 HD

Someone would badly wanna update this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

That thread is still correct, they are not FTA but you can tune and view them with an ROI hd sub

DigiDec wrote: »
    That thread is still correct, they are not FTA but you can tune and view them with an ROI hd sub
    An asterisk next to it then :)

Yeah that would help I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Yes, they are all available now on a sky box with an ROI hd sub, even Channel 5 HD

Keep publicising it and Sky will knobble it, the next time there is a software update !

galtee boy wrote: »
    Keep publicising it and Sky will knobble it, the next time there is a software update !

I emailed them last night to see if it was ok that I should be getting them.

I did a forced update on one of my boxes to a 009 epg and the card trick wouldn't work. I tried the forced update on the same box again this morning and the trick is working again....

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

jca wrote: »
    I did a forced update on one of my boxes to a 009 epg and the card trick wouldn't work. I tried the forced update on the same box again this morning and the trick is working again....

Is there some hope for the card trick?

• Advertisement

Plascebo wrote: »
    Is there some hope for the card trick?

Only a stop-gap I fear because the 009 epg will be taken off the forced update stream soon. Flushed with my success on the first box I went ahead and Force updated my second box and no way will it work....:confused: UTV epg loads perfectly but as soon as I swop cards the Irish epg comes back.... arrghh most frustrating...

I emailed them last night to see if it was ok that I should be getting them.

Do you think for one minute, that Sky technies dont monitor Internet forums ?

+1. I think the card trick was a sky solution to a Freesat problem. Skys work around to ITV , etc , not being allowed on Irish TVs. The more of us that cancel or threaten to do so, the more chance of another update that will open another glitch.....

He isn't doing anything wrong. He's watching them through other channels while paying extra for a HD sub, without sky+ features of course.

He isn't doing anything wrong. He's watching them through other channels while paying extra for a HD sub, without sky+ features of course.

I didnt mean he was doing wrong, I just meant that its possible that Sky don't realize how much value people get from the glitches on their software, until they read about them on forums like this. Sure it's great to to able to access ITV 2,3,4 , BBC News and CH5 ( if only for the Gadget Show ) in HD via other channels, but I'm just wary that this little "bonus" will be killed off in the next update. That's all.

I didnt mean he was doing wrong, I just meant that its possible that Sky don't realize how much value people get from the glitches on their software, until they read about them on forums like this. Sure it's great to to able to access ITV 2,3,4 , BBC News and CH5 ( if only for the Gadget Show ) in HD via other channels, but I'm just wary that this little "bonus" will be killed off in the next update. That's all.

Here's what I got back from Sky after I emailed them:
    Dear Mr. XXXXXX

Thank you for your email dated September 29th.

I passed the details contained in your correspondence to our technical department. They have advised that the channels you mentioned below should not be accessible in the Republic of Ireland. These channels will cease to be available to you in the coming weeks. For now, we recommend that you remove these channels from your "Other Channels" list by following the below instructions:

Press "Services" on your remote.
    Press the "Down" arrow key and highlight "Other Channels".
    Highlight the appropriate channel and press the "Yellow" button.

We appreciate your co-operation in this matter and thank you again for your email.

Warm regards,
    David.

Sky Customer Services
    Believe In Better

• Advertisement

Off you go and delete now.....:mad::mad::mad:

Feck that, I'll hold onto them for as long as I can. Better than nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Is there a way to unthank someone ?:pac:

35d7qr7.jpg

Only a stop-gap I fear because the 009 epg will be taken off the forced update stream soon. Flushed with my success on the first box I went ahead and Force updated my second box and no way will it work....:confused: UTV epg loads perfectly but as soon as I swop cards the Irish epg comes back.... arrghh most frustrating...

Made a small breakthrough here guys. The second box resolutely refused to load the trick epg so in an act of desperation I deleted all the other channels. While still on the Irish epg and rolled back to 009 epg I retuned all the SD other channels, redid the trick and voila it's working again...... For a while I suppose until the update is forced upon me again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I also contacted Sky soon after ITV Encore launched in June, and was told that it would be encrypted soon after, however now that other channels ITV 2,3, & 4 along with Channel 5 HD can be accessed here since the software update, maybe they will be encrypted soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

energy1942 wrote: »
    I also contacted Sky soon after ITV Encore launched in June, and was told that it would be encrypted soon after, however now that other channels ITV 2,3, & 4 along with Channel 5 HD can be accessed here since the software update, maybe they will be encrypted soon.

ITV Encore in both HD and SD & Channel 5 HD are and always have been encrypted - as are the HD versions of the mentioned ITV channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

energy1942 wrote: »

My box updated yesterday morning and I did the forced update today and the trick worked straight away. Like everybody else it probably won't be for long. It would be great if there was some way of blocking the update.

I have another question if you have the HD pack are ITV 2,3, & 4 and ch 5 HD available on the epg or is it just through other channels.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by galtee boy View Post

Quote:
    Dear Mr. XXXXXX

Thank you for your email dated September 29th.

I passed the details contained in your correspondence to our technical department. They have advised that the channels you mentioned below should not be accessible in the Republic of Ireland. These channels will cease to be available to you in the coming weeks. For now, we recommend that you remove these channels from your "Other Channels" list by following the below instructions:

Press "Services" on your remote.
    Press the "Down" arrow key and highlight "Other Channels".
    Highlight the appropriate channel and press the "Yellow" button.

We appreciate your co-operation in this matter and thank you again for your email.

Warm regards,
    David.

Sky Customer Services
    Believe In Better

Why?Why?Why?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Kalyke wrote: »
    Why?Why?Why?????
    You left out the "didnt I use quote tags" bit :P

pbarr wrote: »
    My box updated yesterday morning and I did the forced update today and the trick worked straight away. Like everybody else it probably won't be for long. It would be great if there was some way of blocking the update.

I have another question if you have the HD pack are ITV 2,3, & 4 and ch 5 HD available on the epg or is it just through other channels.

Which version did it update to the R006 or the R013 one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

How do you do a forced update

Plug out box at mains. Hold backup button on the box. Keep holding and plug box back in. Keep holding. Message will eventually pop up on screen about software update in progress. Takes about 15-20 seconds of holding backup. Update takes 5-10mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭anonanymore

Back to R009, blue trick working.
    If I record a programme on the blue trick and the box updates to R010 will I still be able to watch the programme?

Back to R009, blue trick working.
    If I record a programme on the blue trick and the box updates to R010 will I still be able to watch the programme?

Yes you will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

got the new update

HDMI control doesn't work for me but that's probably down to our tvs more than sky

Anyone got an exhaustive list of extra channels that can be added with the opened up frequencies and what not?

lawred2 wrote: »
    got the new update

HDMI control doesn't work for me but that's probably down to our tvs more than sky

Anyone got an exhaustive list of extra channels that can be added with the opened up frequencies and what not?

Check the tuning sticky at the top of the page or try this link http://www.lyngsat.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Thanks for that.

lawred2 wrote: »
    got the new update

I have one.
    PM me your e mail address and I will send it to you.

ITV Encore SD/HD works now as well.

10832H
    5/6

and

10.906 V
    5/6

ITV Encore SD/HD works now as well.

10832H
    5/6

and

10.906 V
    5/6

Only the HD version will work and if you have the hd sub

Only the HD version will work and if you have the hd sub

I do. And it works.

Same here, going to be gutted when we eventually lose this channel, it's my favourite! Although I hope UTV Ireland will show a lot of the ITV dramas, when it starts in January.

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Same here, going to be gutted when we eventually lose this channel, it's my favourite! Although I hope UTV Ireland will show a lot of the ITV dramas, when it starts in January.

But will UTV ireland be on the Irish epg?

• Advertisement

But will UTV ireland be on the Irish epg?

Probably. If they want to be viewed in homes across Ireland.

Advertisement