Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Nsewell

Anybody with a DRX89x box wishing to downgrade to R009 hasn't got that long left to do so if all goes to plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Probably. If they want to be viewed in homes across Ireland.

Probably.....

jca wrote: »
    Probably.....

Of course they will, sky is everywhere in Ireland so UTV will want to be there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Nsewell wrote: »
    Anybody with a DRX89x box wishing to downgrade to R009 hasn't got that long left to do so if all goes to plan.

What plan would that be? And where are you getting your info from?

SPAWKER wrote: »
    What plan would that be? And where are you getting your info from?

The planned date for the DRX89x's DR stream to be updated with R010, which is still subject to a final go/no-go call on the day itself.

Once R010 is on the DRX89x DR stream you won't be able to downgrade any of those boxes to R009.

R010 is already on the DRX595's DR stream.

• Advertisement

At approximately 3:30pm the DR stream was updated for DRX89x & 595 boxes with release R010.70.58.13P.

If your box is currently running the 58.06P version of R010 I would encourage you to update to the newer 58.13P version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Probably.....

Why wouldn't they? It is commercial suicide for them not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

At approximately 3:30pm the DR stream was updated for DRX89x & 595 boxes with release R010.70.58.13P.

If your box is currently running the 58.06P version of R010 I would encourage you to update to the newer 58.13P version.

Card trick RIP.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why would you encourage us to update?
    Nothing in it for me.

Why would you encourage us to update?
    Nothing in it for me.

The newer release of R010 contains a lot of bug fixes & stability improvements than the original .06P release.

Obviously if your still rocking R009 you wouldn't want to update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 kinkafro123

so basically the card trick it's gone so cant record on blue button have granada card so is channel 5 hd and itv hd coming to epg if so great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I suppose its almost about time start inquiring from sky about any HD offers :(

irishfeen wrote: »
    I suppose its almost about time start inquiring from sky about any HD offers :(

Will the blue button trick work on a HD sub though? Can't see ch4 hd or ch5 hd coming onto the Irish epg, maybe the ITVs will come on when UTV Ireland starts in January!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Will the blue button trick work on a HD sub though? Can't see ch4 hd or ch5 hd coming onto the Irish epg, maybe the ITVs will come on when UTV Ireland starts in January!
    Neither trick is working for me with a UTV card.

Any reports of a Hd subber with the card trick/blue button trick still working! My Hd subbed box updated but I immediately did a forced update back to the previous software to maintain the card trick so I don't know if the trick will wirk,doubt it would!

irishfeen wrote: »
    Neither trick is working for me with a UTV card.

Do you have a HD sub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Berberis

I just got sky plus and HD installed today on the carphone warehouse deal. Up to now I had been using an old sky grundig box with a UK ftv card, which I have now moved to another room/telly.
    For the new box it I am going to add ITV and channel 5 to other channels.
    Does anyone know if the procedure of putting these channels onto the Irish EPG will work with my new box as I have an up to date UK ftv card as mentioned.
    I am a bit cautious of trying it without some up to date advice reviews etc in case I feck up this new equipment.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Berberis wrote: »
    I just got sky plus and HD installed today on the carphone warehouse deal. Up to now I had been using an old sky grundig box with a UK ftv card, which I have now moved to another room/telly.
    For the new box it I am going to add ITV and channel 5 to other channels.
    Does anyone know if the procedure of putting these channels onto the Irish EPG will work with my new box as I have an up to date UK ftv card as mentioned.
    I am a bit cautious of trying it without some up to date advice reviews etc in case I feck up this new equipment.

Cheers

No. The card trick is over. Only a handful of people still have it now. The last few boxes will be updated soon and that will be it.

Even with a HD sub?

Even with a HD sub?

No not even with the HD sub. It's dead and buried.
    Unless sly feck up again with some software glitch in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Berberis

No not even with the HD sub. It's dead and buried.
    Unless sly feck up again with some software in the future.

Ah well just have to get used to the Irish EPG again so and just have ITV and Channel 5 and the 5 usa etc on other channels.
    Its a shame though as I much prefer the UK EPG as most of the channels I watch are on the first 2 pages.

Thanks for the info

UTV Ireland will be here soon and they will have a lot of ITV content and it may also bring ITV 2,3 & 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

UTV Ireland will be here soon and they will have a lot of ITV content and it may also bring ITV 2,3 & 4!

How do you figure that one out?

There's a reason why they're launching UTV Ireland rather than just making UTV an all-Ireland station.

The rights issues that make the launch of UTV Ireland necessary will still apply to the other ITVs.

I'm clutching at straws. ITV was dropped in Scotland in favour of STV but they also have ITV 2,3 & 4.

TV3 would go to the grave before they would allow ITV to do it on sky here - the absolute only way they will appear on the sky EPG is if TV3 go out of business or they lose all ITV rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

I'm clutching at straws. ITV was dropped in Scotland in favour of STV but they also have ITV 2,3 & 4.

STV to all intents and purposes is ITV mate; it is entitled to carry all ITV's networked output as is UTV.

And as they are in the UK (still) ITV2, 3 & 4 is carried there as standard.

The situation here is hugely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Which version did it update to the R006 or the R013 one ?

I'm not sure.I did the forced update the following day and the card trick worked again. Sorry for not replying sooner but I've been on holidays since and haven't been on here since.

pbarr wrote: »
    I'm not sure.I did the forced update the following day and the card trick worked again. Sorry for not replying sooner but I've been on holidays since and haven't been on here since.

You must still be on the one ending in 006 because the card trick won't work on either of the two new ones ending in 006 or 013 using a NI card or other Uk ones.

The two latest epg's start with 010 and render the card trick useless. I'm on the rollback epg which starts with 009 and all is fine (for a while). Unfortunately the 009 epg has been removed as the backup and when I get the update next time around it's bye bye card trick. It was good while it lasted.

• Advertisement

You must still be on the one ending in 006 because the card trick won't work on either of the two new ones ending in 006 or 013 using a NI card or other Uk ones.

After I did the forced update I am now on 009.066.08. Its just over two weeks since I did it so I'm sure the box is due to update again any day now and to quote JCA it's bye bye card trick and it was good while it lasted.

After I did the forced update I am now on 009.066.08. Its just over two weeks since I did it so I'm sure the box is due to update again any day now and to quote JCA it's bye bye card trick and it was good while it lasted.

I also did a roll back to R009-077.066.008P about a fortnight ago also but it updated on Thursday night /Friday morning to the one ending in 013P so the card trick is now dead and buried. Unless they have some other glitch in future upgrades.

I also did a roll back to R009-077.066.008P about a fortnight ago also but it updated on Thursday night /Friday morning to the one ending in 013P so the card trick is now dead and buried. Unless they have some other glitch in future upgrades.

And I presume the forced update won't take it back now?

Correct, a forced update will give you R010.070.58.13P

As said above it won't as it's now a legacy firmware version and the only one available on the DR stream is the 13P version.

I'm on borrowed time so, both boxes still on the old 009 egg.

• Advertisement

I'm on borrowed time so, both boxes still on the old 009 egg.

You are indeed ��

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Would the card trick still work on a box that hasn't/cannot be updated to the 13P epg?

Talk about bad timing. I got a call from Sky this evening offering the hd pack for €5 a month. If I took it that would be the card trick gone except for the blue button. I wonder if I ring back when the box is updated will I slill get it for that price.ðŸ˜႒

headnorth wrote: »
    Would the card trick still work on a box that hasn't/cannot be updated to the 13P epg?

It will still work on DRXs 890/895 on the R009 version.But what you mean by cannot be updated to the R010 version? Unless you intend to leave it unplugged.

It will still work on DRXs 890/895 on the R009 version.But what you mean by cannot be updated to the R010 version? Unless you intend to leave it unplugged.

I was looking on the skyepginfo site and was just wondering if a box can't reviece the 13P update would the trick still work.

• Advertisement

I was looking on the skyepginfo site and was just wondering if a box can't reviece the 13P update would the trick still work.

The only way a box won't receive an update is if you leave it unplugged or disconnect the dish so it can't get a signal.

The only way a box won't receive an update is if you leave it unplugged or disconnect the dish so it can't get a signal.

From what I understand the 13P kills the card trick. But by looking at the "skyepginfo" website other makes of boxes don't get the 13P update, so I mean will one of these boxes work with the card trick?

From what I understand the 13P kills the card trick. But by looking at the "skyepginfo" website other makes of boxes don't get the 13P update, so I mean will one of these boxes work with the card trick?

To my knowledge the card trick was only still working on the DRX 890/895 boxes so can't comment on other makes.

To my knowledge the card trick was only still working on the DRX 890/895 boxes so can't comment on other makes.

Cheers for that info. Really interested in this because I found my very old blue sky cards 2 weeks ago and the functions still seem to work in my DRX 890 and I would like to know if an older box with record and pause capability would also work the card trick

Cheers for that info. Really interested in this because I found my very old blue sky cards 2 weeks ago and the functions still seem to work in my DRX 890 and I would like to know if an older box with record and pause capability would also work the card trick
    Anyone selling one of those older boxes???

Kalyke wrote: »
    Anyone selling one of those older boxes???

Have a look on Adverts loads of DRX890's on there

Have a look on Adverts loads of DRX890's on there
    Are they HD? Are they update proof?

Yes they are HD boxes and no they are not update proof.

The card trick never worked on the older white boxes.

From last night I have started switching off my sky box to prevent it updating. Do they ever update them during the day does anybody know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement