Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

homelink wrote: »
    Still haven't received my card either so I guess I'm in the same boat.:mad:

What address and postcode did you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

homelink wrote: »
    Still haven't received my card either so I guess I'm in the same boat.:mad:
    Get a card from ebay which will be already be activated, the card to get would be from the midlands or Wales, a Ni card is no good because you won't get ITVHD.

corkdavid wrote: »
    Thats great advice.Thanks! I just changed my pin online so hopefully that will sort things out by the time i get home.

Out of curousity did that work for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Is anybody else's ITV1 HD sound out of sync ? All other channels are fine but this one always seems to be out of sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

hey lads should i get channel 5 and ITV HD with a Itv central west card? i can receive everything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

p.oconnor wrote: »
    hey lads should u i get channel 5 and ITV HD with a Itv central west card? i can receive everything else

Ya thats the region I have and both are on the EPG fine.
    10773H for your C5 region & 10936V for your ITV1 HD region.
    For ITV1 HD just store both channels on that freq not sure which is Granada and which is Central.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Pete2k wrote: »
    Ya thats the region I have and both are on the EPG fine.
    10773H for your C5 region & 10936V for your ITV1 HD region.
    For ITV1 HD just store both channels on that freq not sure which is Granada and which is Central.

much appreciated all fine and well now

• Registered Users Posts: 34 HomerS

Hi, just got a FTV card from the Granada region.
    I've got everything but Ch5, I take it that is normal.

HomerS wrote: »
    Hi, just got a FTV card from the Granada region.
    I've got everything but Ch5, I take it that is normal.
    Yes as far as I know.

200motels wrote: »
    Yes as far as I know.

Thanks, dont want to be messing around if it aint going to do it.
    Regards
    HomerS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Where did you get the FTV card?

I now have 105 Channel 5 on my EPG, although I know my FTV card (granada) wont unscramble it, but how come I can go to the Other Channels and watch Channel 5?

It is amazing that no matter how much extra we get, ITV on the EPG etc, we are always wanting more and more.:D

padocon wrote: »
    Where did you get the FTV card?

Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 20 corkdavid

pbarr wrote: »
    Out of curousity did that work for you.

It worked perfectly for me...I changed my PIN for both cards online so now I can record and series link Channel 5 perfectly. I have to enter a PIN every time I want to watch it but thats a small price to pay for a Big Brother fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Channel 5 and all the itv's are after dissapearing of my epg anyone else have this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

Pocaide wrote: »
    Channel 5 and all the itv's are after dissapearing of my epg anyone else have this problem

same happened mine last night, box powered off suddenly,maybe a software update?
    i just did the card trick again and ch5 etc are back on the epg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Thanks did that and all ok again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Just noticed on ebay several sellers offering info (for a fee, of course) on how to receice c5 etc without a viewing card. Anyone come across this before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I remember seeing that a few times when the BBC went FTA first. Opportunist scumbags imo.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I remember seeing that a few times when the BBC went FTA first. Opportunist scumbags imo.
    Exactly you can get all the info on the net for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

I want to get ITV HD with a FTV card....could someone tell me which region FTV card do I need to get in order to get ITV HD?

Thanks!

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I want to get ITV HD with a FTV card....could someone tell me which region FTV card do I need to get in order to get ITV HD?

Thanks!
    All English cards will give you ITVHD, the best one is from Nottinghamshire this will also give you CH5 which is not encrypted and ITV1+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

I am using an Anglia West card and I don't receive ITV 1 HD. If I insert this card I get 'ITV 1 Anglia W' so I assume it's an Anglia West card. I have added the 3 ITV 1 HD channels from Other channels but I don't get the HD channel when I put my Irish card back in.

I am getting Channel 5 and other ITV channels fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

maximus02 wrote: »
    I am using an Anglia West card and I don't receive ITV 1 HD. If I insert this card I get 'ITV 1 Anglia W' so I assume it's an Anglia West card. I have added the 3 ITV 1 HD channels from Other channels but I don't get the HD channel when I put my Irish card back in.

I am getting Channel 5 and other ITV channels fine.

Yes I had the same with my Anglia card (I think it must use the ITV HD encrypted version) but luckily I also have an older blue London FTV card which gives me everything except Ch5, which I can live without on the EPG anyhow - it's in 'other channels' if I really get desperate....

So not all English region cards give ITV HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Correct, Anglia card will not give you ITV1 HD but will give you Channel 5.

• Advertisement

MBSnr wrote: »
    Yes I had the same with my Anglia card (I think it must use the ITV HD encrypted version) but luckily I also have an older blue London FTV card which gives me everything except Ch5, which I can live without on the EPG anyhow - it's in 'other channels' if I really get desperate....

So not all English region cards give ITV HD.
    I thought they did, it must be the only region that doesn't in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

That and London as far as I know, they use the version thats's on 10847, the S2 vwersion.

Channel 5 on 12.422H was free to air with no epg showing and labelled as 7704,last night. Digital Spy forums are speculating that it could be something to do with Channel 5 regional/advertising variations and that the version that went free was for Northern Ireland.

I have an ITV CentraL/BBC Midlands card. It gives me channel 5 and ITV1 HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

ive done this have all chnls except itv but hey ho. happy to have chl 5 etc

• Advertisement

smodgley wrote: »
    ive done this have all chnls except itv but hey ho. happy to have chl 5 etc
    You probably didn't add the ITV region to other channels.

yes i have them added

have itv 2 and the +'s just itv 1 missing

have itv 2 and the +'s just itv 1 missing
    What region card do you have?

i sorted it thanks , i put in the region westcountry), and redone it now have all itv etc thanks for your help folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

just for anyone else with an STV card - able to get all the channels, no ITV HD and no C5 (well it is on the epg but not available) - and obviously no STV HD currently. All other channels are present and correct.

does this work with an ordinary sky+ box or does it have to be HD ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

does this work with an ordinary sky+ box or does it have to be HD ?

Sky+ HD boxes only.

I bought a card off E Bay and it has Channel 5, 5 star,5 star plus one, 5 USA, 5 USA plus one.........but the trick to transfer them onto my EPG wont work...I have ITV 1,2,3 &4 but none of the Channel 5 channels....any idea why it wont work?

MUST HAVE GOTTEN THE CARD THAT HAS CH5 ENCRYPTED ? am i right in saying? that sorry about the caps btw

• Advertisement

I have one for sale here if anybody is interested. It is an ITV Central/BBC Midlands card and it does give you channel 5.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150661288430&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

MUST HAVE GOTTEN THE CARD THAT HAS CH5 ENCRYPTED ? am i right in saying? that sorry about the caps btw

The card isnt encrypted..I can watch Channel 5,5* and 5 USA...I just cant get them onto my EPG so I can record shows........The trick in this thread doesnt work..no idea why!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

corkdavid wrote: »
    The card isnt encrypted..I can watch Channel 5,5* and 5 USA...I just cant get them onto my EPG so I can record shows........The trick in this thread doesnt work..no idea why!!

What he means is that the version of Ch5 on your card must be encrypted. Hence the reason why you cannot get it to work on trick.

When you insert uk card, switch to 105, you should see ch5, take out card, if you get a message insert your viewing card, this means you are getting the wrong version of channel 5. You need to have a card that puts the FTA version of Ch5 on your epg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭nickhx

I have an Anglia west card and get channel 5 and all other channels with the exception of itv1 and itv1 hd - any suggestions for how these can be added? ( I already have them in my other channels)

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

nickhx wrote: »
    I have an Anglia west card and get channel 5 and all other channels with the exception of itv1 and itv1 hd - any suggestions for how these can be added? ( I already have them in my other channels)

Cheers!

Perhaps you don't have the right version of ITV1 and ITV1 HD stored in other channels. You must have the same regional variation as the card! Best bet is to add all the ITV1 regional channels (info in the sticky) and then try again!

scout353 wrote: »
    Perhaps you don't have the right version of ITV1 and ITV1 HD stored in other channels. You must have the same regional variation as the card! Best bet is to add all the ITV1 regional channels (info in the sticky) and then try again!

Tried to add as many itv1 channels this morning as I could find but no luck yet. Getting a message that the viewing card is wrong when I switch to itv1 on the uk card - does this mean it's encrypted?

Tried to add as many itv1 channels this morning as I could find but no luck yet. Getting a message that the viewing card is wrong when I switch to itv1 on the uk card - does this mean it's encrypted?
    Yes it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

If it's definately the Anglia West subregion you have then it's the 12402V version of ITV1 Anglia W that you need. This region is encrypted but it doesn't matter because all ROI cards have the entitlements to watch it.

Alternatively just add ITV1 London and go to 993 on the EPG and you should have it here.

Pete2k wrote: »
    If it's definately the Anglia West subregion you have then it's the 12402V version of ITV1 Anglia W that you need. This region is encrypted but it doesn't matter because all ROI cards have the entitlements to watch it.

Alternatively just add ITV1 London and go to 993 on the EPG and you should have it here.

Thanks - will try this tonight and report back!

• Advertisement

Im so confused still! What is the difference between a Freesat card and a Free To View Card? I have just bought another card on e bay which is Freeview...is it a Freesat card I need to get Channel 5 onto my EPG??? Dont want to buy a second card and have exactly the same problem....

I am driven demented trying to find a card from the right region..usually the details on ebay are very sketchy....

Advertisement