Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CBLFC96

Just arrived Home to find That all the Channels that I got by using the card trick were missing, did card trick again, and I found it took the box 1-2 minutes to register that I had put the Irish card back in (a.k.a For 2 minutes BBC 1 was 101) also lost channel 5 due to new encryption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Had an interesting one today. The trick works on my box for ITV1HD, ITV2-4 and BBC1HD but I tried it on my mothers box and I got all of those with the exception of ITV1 HD. I checked that ITV1 HD was in the other channels and it is working fine from there but no sign of it in the EPG.

How odd is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Cormic wrote: »
    Had an interesting one today. The trick works on my box for ITV1HD, ITV2-4 and BBC1HD but I tried it on my mothers box and I got all of those with the exception of ITV1 HD. I checked that ITV1 HD was in the other channels and it is working fine from there but no sign of it in the EPG.

How odd is that?
    Maybe you haven't the right region in other channels for ITVHD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

:p
    200motels wrote: »
    Maybe you haven't the right region in other channels for ITVHD.

Ah - That might be it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

CBLFC96 wrote: »
    Just arrived Home to find That all the Channels that I got by using the card trick were missing.

That happened me last week as well. Thought the power had gone off but it hadn't so there was no reason for it.
    CBLFC96 wrote: »
    also lost channel 5 due to new encryption.

I know anyone using a Northern Ireland card lost ch 5. Might have happened with other regions as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I am now finding that when I switch cards it deletes everything in my sky anytime.
    has anyone else found this has happened to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Yes, just had to re-do mine and checked Anytime and it is blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Why are people re-doing them?
    Mine hasn't been touched in about 7 weeks and no problems here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

As a workaround couldn't you copy the anytime programmes that you want onto your normal recordings before you swap the cards?

I don't have a HD box, but sky+ does an instantaneous copy if I press "record" for any selected anytime programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

PoolDude wrote: »
    Yes, just had to re-do mine and checked Anytime and it is blank.

Happened to me last week!

Rebooted and restored the channels and Anytime was also blank but it rebuilt itself over the next few days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Brian P

gtg60 wrote: »
    For those still finding it difficult to get hold of the correct region of card I have a few listed here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/blue-sky-card-for-adding-channel-5-etc-to-hd-box/971554

And remember one card can be shared between you and all of your friends :D
    Received my card this morning and can confirm that it works perfectly. It's great to have BBC1 HD ,ITV1Hd and Channel5 (not really interested ) on the EPG and to record,pause f/fwd,rewind etc. Absolute bargain for the price. Thanks gtg60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thebeastwithin

I didn't see an answer to this question. Hope someone knows the answer

I have stored on my other channels, but since the move to DVB-S2 I get a no signal message for this and BBCHD on the EPG.

If I get a FTV card and do the fix mentioned on this topic, will these channels become available once again or will they still cause my signal to unlock? My box is a Thompson, 3 years old. Is this even compatible with this fix?

Thanks for any advice.

Unfortunately this "fix" won't work on a Thomson box:(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jon_459

Got my card yesterday. Followed the instructions but im not getting itv1hd or utv.
    Itv2,3,4 and channel 5 working
    new amstrad box. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

What region card is it, if it NI then you won't get ITV1 HD on the EPG, if its not a NI card then you probably have the wrong region ITV1 HD stored in your other channels.

Jon_459 wrote: »
    Got my card yesterday. Followed the instructions but im not getting itv1hd or utv.
    Itv2,3,4 and channel 5 working
    new amstrad box. Any ideas?

Sent you a PM, as your card isn't a NI card you will not get UTV on 103 but you can get ITV and ITV HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jon_459

Sent you a PM, as your card isn't a NI card you will not get UTV on 103 but you can get ITV and ITV HD.
    All sorted ..thanks. absolutely brill to have itv v on my epg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Everything worked fine for me with my main Sky box but for whatever reason I cant get the ITV channels on the multiroom box which is a samsung box.

muffler wrote: »
    Everything worked fine for me with my main Sky box but for whatever reason I cant get the ITV channels on the multiroom box which is a samsung box.

Is this one of the new HD non recording boxes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I bought a white ftv card for this from a guy in scotland, and i put it in and when the uk card is in, I get BBC Scotland, STV, Channel 5, 5*, 5 USA, Channel 5HD too, but when I do the switch back to the Irish card, C5 and it's extras don't stay, and there's no ITV1HD or STVHD. Is there something i'm doing wrong, or is it not possible to get them with this region card? I have several versions of C5 and the extras in other channels.

BBC1,2, BBC1HD and ITV1,2, 3 do stay however.

Thanks.

Is this one of the new HD non recording boxes?
    No its the standard Sky+ HD box. Cant figure out why it wont work on that.

muffler wrote: »
    No its the standard Sky+ HD box. Cant figure out why it wont work on that.

Is it a Thomson?

Is it a Thomson?
    Nope. Samsung.

Would it have anything to do with the mutiroom setup? Cant see it myself but no harm in asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

christo82 wrote: »
    I bought a white ftv card for this from a guy in scotland, and i put it in and when the uk card is in, I get BBC Scotland, STV, Channel 5, 5*, 5 USA, Channel 5HD too, but when I do the switch back to the Irish card, C5 and it's extras don't stay, and there's no ITV1HD or STVHD. Is there something i'm doing wrong, or is it not possible to get them with this region card? I have several versions of C5 and the extras in other channels.

BBC1,2, BBC1HD and ITV1,2, 3 do stay however.

Thanks.

Christo
    unfortunately CH5 is encrypted in Scotland and ITV HD is also not available in this region as of yet,thats why they wont work when you do the switch back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Thanks Spawker. oh well, guess i should have done more research before buying. only cost me €12 so it's ok. also i'm using the card in another Sky FTA box in the house atm so that gets five usa and five * anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

Bbc 1 hd has just appeared on my sky instead of Bbc Northern Ireland. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's been on the EPG for a couple of days now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

I ordered one of these cards with an NI postcode. I got a new 1TB HD box installed this morning and tried the trick. I now have UTV on 103, whatever regional variations I had in other channels in the 970's and ITV2 etc. The BBCs remained the same however I didn't have BBC NI in other channels and I prefer it that way - I have BBC 1 hd and BBC 2 NI in 141 and 142. No Channel 4 HD, no channel 5 though. I can't tune in Channel 4 HD through other channels, but Channel 5 is there. No 5 US etc either, although I am aware there is problem with them with an NI card. Anyone with an NI card able to get Channel 5 on their EPG. I'm able to record on both 103's at the same time also - but the info does say clashed for UTV, but i can watch the recording. To be honest I'm quite happy with just having the ITV channels, as I've never had 5, but if i could get it it would be a bonus. Does anyone have any tricks for getting 5 on the NI card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Channel 5 on NI card is encrypted. May go Free to Air in December when Ch5+1 launches. Likewise with 5USA and Five*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

givecredit wrote: »
    Channel 5 on NI card is encrypted. May go Free to Air in December when Ch5+1 launches. Likewise with 5USA and Five*

Thanks for that. Any many thanks to the OP for letting us know about this trick.

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »

Actually ch 5 was unscrambled on a NI card up to about a month ago and then they scrambled it. There are a few posts about this earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Is anyone else having the problem that nothing will record.

When I highlight a program (whether from a UK channel or not) and press the RECORD button, nothing happens, the light flashes on the remote and the box but the program won't record. The same happens when setting reminders.

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Is anyone else having the problem that nothing will record.

When I highlight a program (whether from a UK channel or not) and press the RECORD button, nothing happens, the light flashes on the remote and the box but the program won't record. The same happens when setting reminders.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    Yes this is happening to me a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Has anyone found any solutions to this???

Reboot your box and do the card trick again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Has anyone found any solutions to this???

Try just setting a reminder from the guide by pressing select. When the program then appears in your planner press R to record it and the R symbol should now appear. At least this works for me.

Weirdly I don't need to enter my PIN any more when watching programmes recorded from any of the UK 'card trick' channels, wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that last week my box had rebooted and I had to do the card trick again (first time in almost 8 weeks). Perhaps a software update was responsible??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

Hi set my sisters box using an ITV anglia west card, her ITV 1 is on 993 and is for the London region. However there is no ITV HD even though it's in other channels. Channel 5 works fine.

That's because ITV1 HD for this region is DVB-S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clennon77

cheers guys, works perfectly...only thing is dont hav any of these new added channels saved as favourites or and fav u may hav already set up ie. tv3 and itv on 103, if u do they will double up.. u will hav 2 tv3's and 2 itv's. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Had to do card trick again, looks like s/ware upgrade in the wee hours. Anyone notice any changes to system

bodonnell wrote: »
    Had to do card trick again, looks like s/ware upgrade in the wee hours. Anyone notice any changes to system

Looks like I had it as well. Channels are gone from mine too. That happened a couple of months ago as well.

pbarr wrote: »
    Looks like I had it as well. Channels are gone from mine too. That happened a couple of months ago as well.

Since the last update I don't need to enter my PIN any more to view the UK FTA channels, is this the same for everybody?

Yep!:)

Brian P wrote: »
    Yep!:)

Ha ha, thanks Sky!!

Since the last update I don't need to enter my PIN any more to view the UK FTA channels, is this the same for everybody?

No I still have to enter it for stuff thats recorded after 9pm but its no big deal. I just changed the pin to something handy like 4 ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

i had to redo the trick because of a power cut, i noticed the 5* and 5usa are on the epg now but scrambled. have they always been there since did the trick first time and just didnt notice ?????? or have they been added

pbarr wrote: »
    Ditto. Channels gone yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 sgbrady

there are two manufactures sky use anymore and they are amstrad and thompson ftv card are blocked for thompson but not for amstrad i think :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 sgbrady

here if you want to get uk channels go to https://mysky.sky.com/replacementcard/get-a-card
    then select dont have a card even if you do
    enter your information
    when you get your card
    insert it into the box
    go to settings press down until the picture word is highlighted press 01 then hit the select button fast this will bring you to sky's enginners menu then select new installation it will activate the card make sure you have a telphone line connected if you are having problem you can also select you can hit reset or rebuild do not mess with anything else or otherwise you could f**k up everything enjoy

Advertisement