Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mcdonaghs Dalkey Darts Tournament

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 freddykrueger

stretch26 wrote: »
    i say your man paul levins will it he`s suppose to be leathal:D
    i hope your darts are better than your spelling mate

• Registered Users Posts: 10 26 45 11

Double Top wrote: »
    the usual names mick kane,marc ennis,billy mattews
    my dark horse would be andy lacey hes throwing some brilliant darts and has the coolest head in the borough
    dont think so double top andy's tongue is sharper than his darts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭stretch26

i hope your darts are better than your spelling mate

so i dnidt go to shoocl you dnot hvae to tkae the psis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 afan87

the usual names mick kane,marc ennis,billy mattews
    my dark horse would be andy lacey hes throwing some brilliant darts and has the coolest head in the borough
    would you have said marc before he won the singles i think not were i always tought he was good enough to win anything strange the way people put his name around alot now when they didnt before maybe you did dt but alot didnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

7th September
    Noel Brennan
    Pader Taite
    Mark Fennell
    Ste Knight
    Tony Geraghty
    Steve Schmitz
    Glen Fitzpatrick
    Marc Ennis
    Skippy Daly
    Neil Mc Donald
    Scott Whelan
    John Kohrs
    Mick Kane
    Kevin Lacey
    Bill Bailey
    Carl Mason

14th September
    Paul Tobin
    Anto Lynch
    Darren Doyle
    Paddy Ellard
    Anne Marie Flood
    Dave Brennan
    Dave Tansey
    Ian Bushe
    David Peacock
    Jason Mc Cann
    Gary Fitzpatrick
    Paul Levins
    Robbie Smith
    Gerry O Hara
    John Devlin
    Mark Messit

21st September
    John Murray
    David Earls
    Mark Mulvany
    Jimmy Byrne
    Jamie Mason
    Mick Connor
    Alan Kelly
    Gary Gregory
    Shane Ryan
    Tom Hennessy
    Andy Lacey
    Jason Egan
    Dan Kileens
    Simon Dowd
    Angus Fleming
    Shane Desmond

28th September
    Mick Cummings
    Kevin O Callaghan
    Leo Murphy
    Robert Taylor
    Tony Brennan
    Mark Roe
    BOF
    Wayne Colgan
    Billy Smith
    Ste Andrews
    Mark Mc Donald
    Peter Rowe
    Martin Kavanagh
    Andy Pool
    Paul Barr
    Billy Mattews

few changes to night 1 and 2.

Sep 7th
    Noel Brennan replaced with Paul Doolan

Sep 14th
    Jay McCann and Ann Marie Flood replaced with Keith Breen and Dave Kellaghan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

afan87 wrote: »
    would you have said marc before he won the singles i think not were i always tought he was good enough to win anything strange the way people put his name around alot now when they didnt before maybe you did dt but alot didnt

i always thought marc was a great player but i think winning the singles was the stepping stone he needed to show everyone what he's capable of. when your on a team with the likes of mick,billy,lar and bullet its hard to shine but he certainly did this year

First night of this tonight. The draw to see what groups the 16 lads are in will be done at 7:30 tonight and the darts can start straight away but no later than 8 as there are a lot of matches on each board to get through. Best of luck to the 16 lads playing tonight!

Glen Fitzpatrick
    Mick Kane
    Scott Whelan
    Kevin O Callaghan

the four winners from the first week

are people aloud swap nights just that one of them that got through wasnt on the list

it was a last minute decision as kev lacey rang us and said he couldn't make it as he is sick and we didn't want to be down on numbers. Kevin o'callaghan done us a favor by playin last night. We asked the lads who were there to play and nobody had a problem with it. Well done to kevin, mick kane, glen fitzpatrick and scott whelan on qualifying for the finals. 2 of the boards came right down to the last leg to see who would go through!!

• Advertisement

sounds like it was a good night who beat marc ennis

sounds like it was a good night who beat marc ennis

Marc was unbeaten on the night, it went down to a one leg difference between him and Mick Kane thats how close there board was Mick won one of hie matches 4-0 while Marc won 3-1. was the same with nearly every group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fluffypussy

Marc was unbeaten on the night, it went down to a one leg difference between him and Mick Kane thats how close there board was Mick won one of hie matches 4-0 while Marc won 3-1. was the same with nearly every group
    that seems very unfair the best player in the borough at the moment goes out on leg difference trail and error fair play for giving it a go lads

that seems very unfair the best player in the borough at the moment goes out on leg difference trail and error fair play for giving it a go lads

but isnt that what you want in a tournament that every leg counts so you have to be on top of your game from start to finish, marc and mick had two great games against eachother both ending in a 2-2 draw

The format is a group. Like in the champions league in football. If man united and barcelona are in the same group and end up on the same amount of points, its just tough luck that one has a better goal difference than the other!! Same thing applies here.

So fluffy, what would you do to make it better? Dont forget that the whole point of this comp is that its league format and the player that finishes highest in the league they are in goes through.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Haha sure maybe you should have a word with the PDC and let them know that they way they run the Premier League is wrong.

In fact maybe you should ring the Fa and the FAi and also Rugby and GAA league as well to let them know that they are doing it wrong as well.

Leg difference is always used to seperate two people that are level on points. the rules are there for all to see before they start playing in the tournament.

i didnt mean to upset use running it i was only giving my opinion and i would of made them have a one leg shoot out lads can switch off when they have a game won its impossible to give a 100 percent in every leg in that format and the player that suffers has been the best player in the league all year and to get knocked out seems unfair THATS ONLY MY OPINION kingp dont be going on silly you would be the first one to say this site is for opinions no wonder people dont use this site anymore

i didnt mean to upset use running it i was only giving my opinion and i would of made them have a one leg shoot out lads can switch off when they have a game won its impossible to give a 100 percent in every leg in that format and the player that suffers has been the best player in the league all year and to get knocked out seems unfair THATS ONLY MY OPINION kingp dont be going on silly you would be the first one to say this site is for opinions no wonder people dont use this site anymore

i know what you ment and your right it is impossible to give 100% in every leg but thats what we are striving for so the winner of the whole tournament is the best player through out not. it was just unfortunate for mick and marc two of the best players in the borough to be in the borough but thats the luck or unluck of the draw

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

kingp dont be going on silly you would be the first one to say this site is for opinions no wonder people dont use this site anymore

If you give your opinion then you should be prepared for someone else to give theirs as well. Don't be getting all defensive, you gave your opinion and you're entitled to it but others have given theirs back.

It's a league format so it's run like a league. As I said the players know beforehand what the rules are so they should be focused on winning every single leg.

I'll be playing this coming Wednesday and if I happen to go out because of one leg then so be it, it's my fault for not winning more legs.

I have nothing to do with the running of the tournament but I think the lads have format done perfectly.

i know what you ment and your right it is impossible to give 100% in every leg but thats what we are striving for so the winner of the whole tournament is the best player through out not. it was just unfortunate for mick and marc two of the best players in the borough to be in the borough but thats the luck or unluck of the draw
    dt sorry maybe i came across wrong i wasnt having a go i was just saying basically sh it luck i know use are doing your best and fair play mis understood

• Advertisement

dt sorry maybe i came across wrong i wasnt having a go i was just saying basically sh it luck i know use are doing your best and fair play mis understood

no worries man i understood what you ment and thanks very much hope to see you in it next year:D

no worries man i understood what you ment and thanks very much hope to see you in it next year:D
    im in it dt not played yet and im sure ill c u haha mate

Kingp35 wrote: »
    If you give your opinion then you should be prepared for someone else to give theirs as well. Don't be getting all defensive, you gave your opinion and you're entitled to it but others have given theirs back.

It's a league format so it's run like a league. As I said the players know beforehand what the rules are so they should be focused on winning every single leg.

I'll be playing this coming Wednesday and if I happen to go out because of one leg then so be it, it's my fault for not winning more legs.

I have nothing to do with the running of the tournament but I think the lads have format done perfectly.
    THANK'S for getting involved in something nothing to do with you then u seem to stick your mush in every where giving out they will have to put a dress on you soon...fair play to the two lads INVOLVED(kingpidiot) for responding thanks

THANK'S for getting involved in something nothing to do with you then u seem to stick your mush in every where giving out they will have to put a dress on you soon...fair play to the two lads INVOLVED(kingpidiot) for responding thanks

Well if it has nothing to do with me then it also has nothing to do with you because you weren't playing last night either. Looks as if people have disagreed with what you have said and you're getting all defensive over it and if anyone is giving out here it's you.

Oh and well done on the childish come back, calling people names is something that's done in a primary school yard. It's also against the forum charter but since you're new here and it's directed at me then I'll ignore it for now but no more name calling, cheers.

I will also apologise if I was disrespectful towards you but I don't see any problem with how the group winners are decided.

im in it dt not played yet and im sure ill c u haha mate

well i wont be going around asking players if there fluffypussy so i'd say your identity will be kept hidden haha

lads seriously now, you shouldn't be bitching at each other on this. What you should be talking about is the darts that were played last night. Scott whelan from the gallops won board 1. Played very well and was well clear on points to win the board.
    Board 2 went right down to the last leg of the night. Glen fitzpatrick, bill bailey and tony geraghty all in with a chance until the very end. Pader taite was no push over on that board either. 48 legs of darts played on the board and it was decided after the last leg!! Thats some competitive board!! Glen won the board but bill didn't lose a match all night!!
    Board 3 was like board 2, going right down to the last leg. The 2 big names were drawn together and both played well all night! In the end mick kane won the board. Him and marc ennis were both unbeaten but it was because of mark fennell taking 2 legs off marc in the 2 matches they played each other that mick only needed a draw in the last game to go through.
    Board 4 was won by kev o'callaghan who was called to play at the last minute and came down and played brilliantly all night! He won by a couple of clear points but he was run right to the end with neil mcdonald and ste knight not giving up and both taking points off him.

Thats only the first week done and there is loads more darts to be played and i know i'll be looking forward to going down each week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 afan87

Thats a killer on a player like marc going out by one leg but knowing him id say he just took it in his stride

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pabloexcabar

but isnt that what you want in a tournament that every leg counts so you have to be on top of your game from start to finish, marc and mick had two great games against eachother both ending in a 2-2 draw

Sounds like it was a great night last night.Got your text DT Thanks.

Maybe you should seed the top sixteen players so they cant meet each other in the leauge stages (ONLY A JOKE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭treble3

Ha kingp turning into a wannabe this site is getting bad.Who cares if u lose on points or leg difference a loser is a loser get over it.And the lough lover afan mick and calo keeping you happy since you cant throw live off them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 26 45 11

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Haha sure maybe you should have a word with the PDC and let them know that they way they run the Premier League is wrong.

In fact maybe you should ring the Fa and the FAi and also Rugby and GAA league as well to let them know that they are doing it wrong as well.

Leg difference is always used to seperate two people that are level on points. the rules are there for all to see before they start playing in the tournament.
    your a big baby arn't ye KP... plus it is wrong the best player in the league did'nt lose a game and got knocked out:(:(

Advertisement