Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Old Republic Beta invites

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Also, with a large number of quests you can take one of two choices - generally if you're sent to kill someone, you can choose to spare them, or suchlike. This gives a different piece of dialogue for ending it, and you sometimes get a letter in your mailbox about it. Can also change how some NPCs react to you later. No tangible gameworld effect for the most part, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Found it very enjoyable myself got a bounty hunter to level 20 found the first few levels a bit dull but as i learned more attacks it became very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Blowfish wrote: »
    As much as I'd love for them somehow to put in as much permanency etc. that you can manage in a single player game, realistically they are going to be a fair bit more limited.

They have added some interesting ideas with it though. Black Talon Flashpoint branches off into two different directions based on the choices in there, with different mobs etc. being fought and a different outcome.

Naturally, this is only going to be restricted to the single run of the instance, but it does open it up a lot more than usual. The one thing I'd wonder is that just as in most MMO's the community ends up by consensus using a 'standard' route through an instance, whether the same thing will end up happening with the dialogue choices.

They could of used phasing tech to add some permency to the world like WoW does on some solo quest chains so its not an impossible task to do in an MMO.

The community will always go for the easy route in instances if loot is the same for both choices sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

humanji wrote: »
    Do the dialogue choices make any real difference? I know smoe will give you light or dark side points, but is the actual outcome always the same?

Don't know if there's a difference in outcome to this, but has to be a difference in dialogue.
    After Ord Mantell,I think, as Jedi Knight, I had told my companion to check out the hangar to make sure everything was ok before going onto the world, when I came back, a Sith had her taken captive and dialogue went that she had been spotted walking around the hangar and looked suspicious.

So,whilst there mightn't be a difference if you tell her to stay on the ship, there is more than likely a difference in the dialogue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Grim. wrote: »
    Found it very enjoyable myself got a bounty hunter to level 20 found the first few levels a bit dull but as i learned more attacks it became very good

Sounds promising, i found it a tad dull up to lvl 10 which is the furthest i got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Really enjoying the game so far, very impressive. Levelled a Jedi Shadow and a Smuggler.

Still some bugs to work out but overall it was nicely tuned beta test i thought.

Has anyone got a full access beta key that they would be interested in selling/sharing?Would like to try out more of the classes before launch to nail down my starting class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I was travelling for most of the weekend, so I missed the beta...sigh.

Good news...

The beta client will patch up to the full retail version thus saving having to download/install it again :)

Bad news...

“Note to weekend testers: Your phase of the Game Test Program has concluded, and you will no longer be able to play the game.”

Star Wars The Old Republic
    Launcher Message

Oooh, usefully though it will still patch you fully up to date, even though it won't let you log in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well that's fair of them - I've had to download this twice for 2 different sets of testing - thank the gods Magnet don't get pissy about bandwidth caps!

• Advertisement

Good to hear we wont need to redownload too much.

Ill more than likely be an altaholic as usual :rolleyes:
    Really havent a clue what class to roll as a main.
    Anyone in the know about endgame? i admit to not following things closely but i havent heard much about endgame.
    Dont suppose theres a breakdown anywhere of skills classes will get as they lvl up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

http://www.torhead.com/ seems pretty good. Was messing around on it yesterday, and it has loads of info about classes. Either Trooper or Smuggler for me. Think i'll decide depending on the companions i can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone in the know about endgame? i admit to not following things closely but i havent heard much about endgame.
    15 flashpoints overall with 'heroic' equivalent versions at max level. 2 raids confirmed so far with 3 difficulty levels. 3 pvp warzones and one 'open world' pvp planet.

It seems the volume of content is there, naturally we just have to see what it's longevity is.

Flashpoints are like regular dungeons, yeah? That seems like a pretty large number anyway. Looking forward to the PvP myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Kiith wrote: »
    Flashpoints are like regular dungeons, yeah? That seems like a pretty large number anyway. Looking forward to the PvP myself.
    Yep, though a couple of them are faction specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Jedi Consular is my choice of character anyway

Bounty Hunter for me due to best story and voice acting, best starter companion and later on a crazy Jawa hellbent on destruction as a companion.

Sith Warrior as well due to red lightsabres being ****ing kickass :)

Im considering a Sith Inquisitor, i enjoy casters and melee this class gives a bit of both oh and i like lightning :P
    Can see myself rolling every class tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I loved the Imperial Agent. The reserved British accent was a nice touch. I had a very suave Bond-ish Chiss spy going there and infiltrating the Hutt crime syndicate was interesting.

Like someone else said, I see this more as KOTOR:MP rather than a WoW clone. I'm sure a lot of people will dive into the usual MMO behaviours but min-maxing characters and the rest doesn't appeal to me at all.

Give me story and OTT combat. That's what the Star Wars Universe is all about.

God damn it...is anyone going Republic? Might have to go Bounty Hunter if that's the case. Would love the Jawa companion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

FOO TEEEEE NEEEEEE! :p

I'm gonna have a Knight/Guardian as main and alt with a Trooper and a Bounty Hunter.

I must say i did enjoy the combat in the beta,it felt meaty , as if i was actually hitting things.

The one thing I really liked was actually the lack of Auto Attack - Made combat very involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

God damn it...is anyone going Republic? Might have to go Bounty Hunter if that's the case. Would love the Jawa companion.

I am and so is my guild as we reckon every little leet kiddy will go Sith so we like being on the underdog side of things . I'm playing trooper to start with loved it during beta

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm going Republic because I know they win in the end. It takes over a thousand years, but I'm willing to wait.

I played the smuggler and really like how that played, so I might go with that. I was also thinking about a trooper. I didn't get a chance to try one in the beta, so I might try a few levels with one and see how that plays out. I wasn't mad on the force weilding characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I just got an email saying that I'm in a beta starting tomorrow, so some of you might want to check your inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Yeah, got in again. Seeing as I completed all the Starter World class storylines last weekend I think I'm going to focus on levelling a Jedi Guardian this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Got that email too, haha and I'd only uninstalled the client this morning, we meet again 20GB download :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement

I didnt get anything either, considering i played a grand total of 2 hours [****ing eircom] id dearly love another go before release.

Advertisement