Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Old Republic Beta invites

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

*does happy dance*

I only got to play a few hours last weekend due to college assignments.

I am assignment free this weekend..

*considers precooking meals*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

got one aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I got one too, and unlike last weekend I hadn't kept the entire weekend free - will only be able to get online for a few hours, but sure that'll be enough to keep my appetite whetted for launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I got one.

Not sure if I will bother playing it again though...perhaps I will squander my invite... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

None here, I must of played for 40 hours last weekend! Submitted every survey they popped up too and did there support stress tests! Guess I'm not appreciated enough :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I got one as well and played most of last weekend will play a little bit this weekend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got an invite as well. Only managed to play about 3 hours last week, but i filled out the surveys. Not sure i will play it much though. Already sold on it, but don't fancy another starting another character only for a weekend again.

Plus, i'm a notoriously slow leveller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Damn you all, dying for another go, no invite for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

did you guys preorder? Or did you just tick the 'i dont mind testing it for ya' box on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I preordered.

• Advertisement

I preordered, i only played 2 hours of the beta last weekend, wonder if time played inluences who get is this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Shidosha

I haven't pre-ordered, but played a lot on the last beta weekend. I got an invite again this time around.

So they ignore people that preordered and invite some that didnt :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I haven't pre-ordered either, and i only played about 3 hours :o

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I pre-ordered too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Got that email too, haha and I'd only uninstalled the client this morning, we meet again 20GB download :)

You'll be able to update the beta client to the headstart/launch version, so I'd hold on to it this time around just to save yourself some bandwidth.

Trying like mad to get an essay done before 7 so I have the weekend free to play again.

Anyone know if they're keeping last weeks characters for this build or if we'll have to start over? (Makes no real difference to me)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Has anyone got a beta account that they are no longer playing? id love to get a chance to play the game and see what its like before i buy

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Dcully wrote: »
    So they ignore people that preordered and invite some that didnt :rolleyes:

Seems so. I have 2 accounts, 1 I set up in September just to get into the Beta. I did get into the first wave of EU beta.

My other account is the account I've actually pre-ordered on, and that account only got 1 invite to 1 beta weekend.

Anyway, you can play on my beta account if you want. I work all day and I really need to be studying nights/weekends so im trying to stay away from the game.

PM me if you want the details.

RichieD wrote: »
    Seems so. I have 2 accounts, 1 I set up in September just to get into the Beta. I did get into the first wave of EU beta.

My other account is the account I've actually pre-ordered on, and that account only got 1 invite to 1 beta weekend.

Anyway, you can play on my beta account if you want. I work all day and I really need to be studying nights/weekends so im trying to stay away from the game.

PM me if you want the details.

Awesome mate very generous of you.
    PM sent , im assuming its the same client as last weekend?
    Ive just got an update for it.

Np, I just replied there!

• Advertisement

I just reliased sent messages dont go into the sent folder unless you tick that box.

Thats kinda annoying, makes you think you're messages are'nt sending!

Just out of curiosity chaps, has it been confirmed anywhere that this final beta is a just a weekend as opposed to longer?

[Edit] Nevermind, Reid said on Twitter it was just this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

do we get a second code or just update and log in? Still says "completed" on my tester page yet i got an emil saying i got into this weekends beta

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's all on the same account. If you're in the beta, you just log in with the launcher, it patches a little and then starts. It only started at 7pm

Ran into one of your lads earlier this evening Raph, if you see a Sith Juggernaut named Hypax running about feel free to say hello.

PvPed for the first time this evening too, my God the SJ is so outclassed compared to ranged or CC-spamming classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, so I heard - I was in the process of redownloading the client at the time, or I would ahve said hi.

The more I mess around with the space missions the more I enjoy them. They're nothing too special, but they're good fun(and worth a surprising amount of XP)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still had the game downloaded but windows decided to play up and i lost some good programs in the battle, still all up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

on lenico gargantuan as sith if anyone is interested in grouping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭Quandary

Played wow for a couple of years but just didn't like the directions they took with the style and content so I stopped playing.

Can't wait for this game now :)

I so so badly want it to be great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The holocall feature is outstanding!

If a member of a group chats to a quest giver they can invite you as a hologram and you can talk to the npc as if you were there. Handy.

Also, (bounty hunter) easily the best starting storyline of any game I've ever played. It really is like a single player game, reminds me so much of KOTOR.

Advertisement