Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Old Republic Beta invites

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got into the beta yesterday for a few hours and loved every minute of it.
    Ive grown to appreciate the cutscenes for every quest,amazing attention to detail and effort from bioware.
    They really add to the questing,you feel you have a reason to do the quest and not just for leveling up purposes.
    Currently messing about with a bounty hunter which is fun.
    Delighted i preordered now,if the content is there this mmo should be fantastic, looking forward to launch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Cant wait now.. was watching towelliee's stream today @ http://www.twitch.tv/towelliee and there was world pvp with at least 50 on each side and it reminded me of tarren mill world pvp!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Cant wait now.. was watching towelliee's stream today @ http://www.twitch.tv/towelliee and there was world pvp with at least 50 on each side and it reminded me of tarren mill world pvp!

I cant stand that towelie guy

hes so full of himself,keeps goin on about all of the fans he has (really he plays games for a living nobody should be a "fan" of his) . 1 guy killed him a few times in a bg the other night and towelie was shouting that he was gonna keep chasin the guy for the rest of the bg and was gonna make him famous.. (really make him famous?) we gonna see this guy towelie was fighting with in the bg on next years im a celebrity get me out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Thought it was fun, but the sound effects WRECK my head. At least when you're a sith inquisitor(AWESOME FUN!). It sounds like a Wimbledon tennis match or something. The footsteps are woeful!

I really didn't know what to expect when I hit level ten. I knew that it splits up into two separate sub classes... I thought that was it, wasn't expecting 3 sub classes from that too! So when i decided what way i wanted to go, i didnt realise i had to make another choice. At this point it was 2am so i called it a day and said to myself "Ill do it tomorrow"... Good idea, now that the beta weekend is over! :(

As far as plot goes... I am HAMMERING the space-bar. I cant believe i wasted 10 gigs of bandwidth, and space on my hard-drive on those schitty videos. I really dont care about the story, i want to play some pvp/pve, not sit around listening to npc's waffle on. I heard this was a big part of the single player mode, and that 'you control the outcome of each conversation'... thats a load of me arse. Each conversation outcome is the exact same... you take the quest or you dont - its that simple.

Agreed towelliee is a dick.

@ red_ice on last weekends beta i was like you and hammered the space bar constantly mainly because i only had a couple of hours.
    Like you i just wanted to play not watch.
    This weekend i took my time and appreciated things more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can anyone tell me how to change either the country or currency options in Origin? I'm trying to pre-order it now (finally), but it keeps selecting dollars and only give me the US or Canada as a delivery address.

I'm suffering from a case of the monday's right now, so my brain isn't working well.

Kiith wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to change either the country or currency options in Origin? I'm trying to pre-order it now (finally), but it keeps selecting dollars and only give me the US or Canada as a delivery address.

I'm suffering from a case of the monday's right now, so my brain isn't working well.

All i can think of is under settings/language there is options for English US and English GB, mine is set to GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Dcully wrote: »
    @ red_ice on last weekends beta i was like you and hammered the space bar constantly mainly because i only had a couple of hours.
    Like you i just wanted to play not watch.
    This weekend i took my time and appreciated things more.

tbh Dcully, its nothing to do with time, its just I have no interest in the story at all! :D I just want to hit 50 then start pvp or possibly a new toon :D Im a whore for leveling, had 6 85's and 4 mid to late 70s in wow :pac:

I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin som like that man...

All i can think of is under settings/language there is options for English US and English GB, mine is set to GB.

Yeah, mine's set to GB as well. Nothing there to select a different currency, and if it goes to the billing page in dollars, i can only select US or Canada. Not sure whats happening tbh. Will worry about it later when i'm awake.

wasnt really impressed with this game, was hoping for more. Thought it felt very claustrophobic and got bored very easily.
    Character creation is minimal. Picked sith which turned out to be a darth maul convention. Whats worse was the ability to change the clothes of your character. So not only were there so many Darth Maul clothes, they were dressed the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

wasnt really impressed with this game, was hoping for more. Thought it felt very claustrophobic and got bored very easily.
    Character creation is minimal. Picked sith which turned out to be a darth maul convention. Whats worse was the ability to change the clothes of your character. So not only were there so many Darth Maul clothes, they were dressed the same.
    Really? I found most people who played an Imperial Force user chose Sith Pureblood, rather than Zabrak.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Really? I found most people who played an Imperial Force user chose Sith Pureblood, rather than Zabrak.

Well i was on a french server :P I think i will wait before i purchase though.

Is there still no word on when the early access actually starts for people? I know they say it depends on when you pre-ordered it, but it seems a joke that with the 15th just over a week away, there is still no official word.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It is in waves, depending on when you redeemed your preorder code, but I'd expect they'll be giving out the more specific details (via your account info?) soon.

I redeemed mine within days of preorders starting to I expect I'll be getting the full five days, but some of the people I will play with didn't, so I don't know yet when they'll be joining me :(

I preordered in gamestop months ago, got the dvd box and receipt, redeemed the code straight away.
    Im just wondering how ill get early access if gamestop dont stock the game until the 20th?

Will you not be able to download it on Origin? And do you not already have the Beta client, which can be updated to full?

I'm not sure now if i'll bother pre-order it, not that i have much choice unless i can figure out why they insist on trying to charge me dollars and only allow me to select US/Canada as an address. But if i'm only going to get 1/2 days then extra €15 probably isn't worth spending. It's €55 online, but I could get it for less then €40 with Gamestop.

Will you not be able to download it on Origin? And do you not already have the Beta client, which can be updated to full?

I have the beta client , the game is also in my origin since i redeemed the code "unreleased" is written below.
    Im just not sure how its gonna work, do i update the beta or download via origin, will i need some other code that ships with the physical copy of the game?
    Lack of info is annoying.

That's my biggest complaint. I'd say you'll be able to log in once your early access is available. I'd assume your account will just upgrade to full once that happens. That's totally a guess though.

Hang on a sec, if i pick this up in Gamestop or HMV, i can still get some early access? I thought only Origin pre-orders came with early access? Interesting that the Gamestop website say's express delivery of the game will deliver on or before the 15th.

Here's how it works:

- You redeem the code on your account, which gives you access to the headstart
    How long you get, per above, depends on when you redeemed the code, but you'll get something
    - 5 Days before the game goes live, the headstart program starts, so between then and the 20th, you'll get access
    - If you played the beta on the 25th of Nov or after, you'll have the latest launcher, so you can just get the latest updates through that, and log into your account again when your headstart begins, and begin playing

- Come Dec 20th, the full game launches, and you need to have redeemed your full game copy's code in your account, and you're good to go and keep playing

If you redeemed your preorder code, you don't need the full game code during the headstart, only on the 20th when it all goes live properly.

I think that's clearer anyway ;)

As far as the beta client goes, as I mentioned, the last version went out on Nov 25th so if you were in the beta after that, your client is updated anyway and you're good to go for launch. If you last played it before that, I believe, you would have to install it again as it's too old :(

I have the beta client , the game is also in my origin since i redeemed the code "unreleased" is written below.
    Im just not sure how its gonna work, do i update the beta or download via origin, will i need some other code that ships with the physical copy of the game?
    They recommend that if your beta build is from pre 25th November then you uninstall and reinstall it.

If it's from the 25th weekend on, you can just update the beta client.

Kick off your launcher and see if it patches. I was able to get several patches through the launcher last weekend, despite not even being in that weekends beta.

• Advertisement

That's my biggest complaint. I'd say you'll be able to log in once your early access is available. I'd assume your account will just upgrade to full once that happens. That's totally a guess though.

Hang on a sec, if i pick this up in Gamestop or HMV, i can still get some early access? I thought only Origin pre-orders came with early access? Interesting that the Gamestop website say's express delivery of the game will deliver on or before the 15th.

Any time you preorder you get the code, for early access, but redeeming it this late in the day won't give you much of a headstart, I imagine.

Per the other thread, HMV don't seem to take your details for a preorder either, so you pay the €5 separate to the full game, which isn't how it's meant to work.
    Pop into Game or Gamestop, you can pay the deposit for your preorder, and you walk away with the code to add to your account for the color stone and head start.

I believe they're announcing the headstart details within the next few days, if word on the forum is anything to go by.

Cool, thanks for that. I just emailed GameStop to ask them about the code if i pre-order it online. Assuming i get it, which it seems like i will, then i'll order it this afternoon. Even if it is only a day or two, it's under €40.

Gonna have to see if my work laptop can play it, as 4 days at home over Christmas without the game will probably kill me :P

Yeah they should send you a mail with the code then. Any extra time is a bonus, really :) But at least you get the color stone too.

Hopefully they'll get the details out on the head start soon, so everyone can plan ahead.

If you don't get a code by the way, I think I have a spare one!

Pre-ordered it there. Hopefully i'll get a code, but if not, i'd definitely take it off your hands. And than worship those hands :P

No worries, drop me a PM if you need it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just got a mail saying the early start begins on the 13th.

humanji wrote: »
    Just got that one too, doesn't say when it'll start for me though which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

That's even worse for me, got exams 14th-19th :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

humanji wrote: »

Same, weird I thought they'd said headstart would only be five days long as opposed to seven. Oh well, redeemed my code on third day they were available so here's hoping I get in on the first wave.

Advertisement