Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Old Republic Beta invites

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

I redeemed about 30 minutes or so after they became available surely il get in on day 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

More than likely mate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, looks like you might get 7 days early access now. European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=11917459#post11917459
    http://www.swtor.com/early-access

December 13th is worse for me than 15th due to exams, o well! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

They sure did - glorious bastard. They've also confirmed no grace period, so I'll be over to game in the morning to make sure they know they should be giving it out prelaunch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So no grace period means my redeemed code wont give me early access?
    I pre ordered back on the 30th of July .

Dcully wrote: »
    So no grace period means my redeemed code wont give me early access?
    I pre ordered back on the 30th of July .

Yes it will, grace period is for when AFTER the game is launched :D

Yeah, no grace period means you need to get your code in at or before launch, or no play for you!

Aye, that's a bit of an annoyance. The 20th is my mum's birthday so that means I need to snag both my own and my brother's codes before I head back down to Tipp for the day.

Trying to decide if ill dload it again so i can install to my SSD this time instead of my HDD where i put the beta.
    Ive been moving some steam games to my SSD with steam mover, i might try it with swtor.

edit: looks like steam mover worked, swtor is now patched up and moved to my SSD :)

• Advertisement

Well there's talk that retailers might be putting it out early - it certainly seems like the intention.

That'd be very handy, seeing as I ordered a CE I really want to get a proper look at my goodies beforehand.

You might as well move it to the SSD mate, if you're going to be playing it as often as the rest of us the extra oomph can only help.

GarethBah wrote: »
    I redeemed about 30 minutes or so after they became available surely il get in on day 1?

What date was this mate?
    I think i was fairly soon after but cant be sure, 30th July for me i believe, so it says on code redeem section on my account.

What date was this mate?
    I think i was fairly soon after but cant be sure, 30th July for me i believe, so it says on code redeem section on my account.

They have removed it, but i believe it was July 21st.

*edit* Yes it was the 21st!

GarethBah wrote: »
    They have removed it, but i believe it was July 21st.

*edit* Yes it was the 21st!

Should be day 1 for you so man.

Should be day 1 for you so man.

I have exams will be studying so won't be on much, I would have preferred the 15th tbh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I read that they said that the first day was sold out after 2 hours of the games release.

Source on that? I

Source on that? I

Sorry no I don't and I could be wrong but that's just what I read, can't remember where or when but I remember reading it! It's probably wrong though haha.

Limericks wrote: »
    Sorry no I don't and I could be wrong but that's just what I read, can't remember where or when but I remember reading it! It's probably wrong though haha.

Sounds like something that came off the forums to be honest. Given they're more than likely going to split EU and US queues I'd be very surprised it if the first day early access was restricted solely to those who'd managed to get their codes in in just 2 hours.

• Advertisement

Sounds like something that came off the forums to be honest. Given they're more than likely going to split EU and US queues I'd be very surprised it if the first day early access was restricted solely to those who'd managed to get their codes in in just 2 hours.

Well it was first come first serve and they sold ALLOT of copies as soon as it went on pre order so I would not be surprised if it happened.

BioWare have said a lot of things which didn't turn out to be true mate. ;)

I'm specifically saying that EU and US streams will be handles separately (still on a first come, first served basis for each) simply because otherwise the Americans would just flood the EU servers the way English-speaking EU players did to the French and German ones the first beta weekend.

BioWare have said a lot of things which didn't turn out to be true mate. ;)

I'm specifically saying that EU and US streams will be handles separately (still on a first come, first served basis for each) simply because otherwise the Americans would just flood the EU servers the way English-speaking EU players did to the French and German ones the first beta weekend.

True, all I know is I definitely won't be in on first day, didn't pre order til the 27 Aug :(

Chin up mate, you won't know until the invites themselves go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I preordered in July

Got my mail the other night confirming I'm in on the 13th.
    Client is downloaded and installed

Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

There is no email that I'm aware of that confirms that, they are sending those out on the day. No one on the forum has said otherwise either and people are clamoring to find out when they'll get access.

There was an email that went out that confirmed early access (in general) starts on the 13th, but that doesn't guarantee you're in that.

Can you C+P the email?

TheDoc wrote: »
    I preordered in July

Got my mail the other night confirming I'm in on the 13th.
    Client is downloaded and installed

Boom

I smell porkies tbh.
    This is the second thread you have posted this yet nobody on the official forums have got such an email,afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I smell porkies tbh.
    This is the second thread you have posted this yet nobody on the official forums have got such an email,afaik.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

So I had a nosey at the mail again, and basically I did the following

Read line one which said in it "December 13th".
    Saw the big button " Download" to preload the game

And made the mother of all assumptions :D

My bad!

What I would say is that I put my preorder code in two hours after it was available, so I'd be pretty annoyed if I wasn't in tomorrow ;)

But yeah sorry, one of the lads pointed it out on my stream as I pulled up the mail to shove it in his face, scarlet : /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Doc,

You going to stream all day Tuesday if you get in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I reckon we'll all get in.

Advertisement