Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Old Republic Beta invites

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

deconduo wrote: »
    My best friend works with Bioware in Galway so he got me in.

Could he get the rest of us in too? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I am now inclined to believe you. And also, what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

We won't tell anyone else, we promise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

27gbs...so glad i have 100mb upc:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

UPC is a bit of a curse too though, It causes me to constantly keep filling up all of my HDD's so I'm not sure I actually have 27gb lying around, never mind the actual 48gb it takes when actually installed. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Blowfish wrote: »
    UPC is a bit of a curse too though, It causes me to constantly keep filling up all of my HDD's so I'm not sure I actually have 27gb lying around, never mind the actual 48gb it takes when actually installed. :/

Yeah right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Apparently the Eurogamer invites went out today, hopefully we may see more in the coming days to non attendees.

Not all attendees.

=(

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Just got a weird email from swtor, asking me to give feed back on testing.......

I haven't got an invite yet!

And the website is down so cant check my account!

edit: seems to be a fúck up on swtor's part http://twitter.com/#!/SWTOR/status/119591583808098304

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Just got a weird email from swtor, asking me to give feed back on testing.......

I haven't got an invite yet!

And the website is down so cant check my account!

edit: seems to be a fúck up on swtor's part http://twitter.com/#!/SWTOR/status/119591583808098304
    Bah got the same, that's just cruel. :(

• Advertisement

Yeah, got the same two myself. Lovely thing to start the day to.

@Raph: Sorry man, thought all EG attendees got invites.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was just about to post this, i got the email and i was like WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Same here... I ended up scanning through my emails looking for an invite key.

Really is just cruel :mad:

It seems not everyone got the 2 emails, so fingers crossed we're on some list to get a beta invite! :P

Aye, between myself, my brother and two friends only two of us including myself got emails this morning. Here's hoping it means something rather than nothing.

Yeah, got the same two myself. Lovely thing to start the day to.

@Raph: Sorry man, thought all EG attendees got invites.
    Everyone at the panel on saturday, as many people as possible (probably everyone eventually) at the meet and greet saturday night. We only made it over for Sunday.

Still, got to play twice and got my new favourite hat hat, so I can't really complain.

Edit: My Housemate and me got them both as well, maybe they went out to the next wave?

Well apparently the first proper EU wave is going out/has gone out today. My F5 key will probably be due the last rites by the end of the evening.

[Edit]
    Does receiving these emails have anything at all to do with my Game Testing status? As I received the emails, am I on the list to receive an invite now?
    I'm afraid not. These emails were sent in error to a portion of our mailing list, and do not relate to selection for Game Testing.

Who were supposed to get these emails, anyway?
    A small group of game testers as part of ongoing market research.

How come I got an invite and my [friend/significant other/guild mate] didn't?
    While a lot of emails were sent in error, they didn't hit our entire mailing list, which means a lot of people wouldn't get them.

As I got this email - does this now mean any eventual Game Testing invite is now going to hit my inbox?
    This email was actually sent from a different email address than the one used by our Game Testing invites. To ensure you see a future email invite, make sure to add no-reply@bioware.swtor.com to your 'safe senders' list. As always, if you believe you have been invited to Game Testing, you can login at swtor.com/tester and check your status.

Well that's a kick in the nads. I swear Stephen Reid is the new Mark Jacobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

I got the same two emails.

How very disappointing....

Apparently another lot of invites (including some EU ones) went out this morning, anyone get lucky ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Apparently another lot of invites (including some EU ones) went out this morning, anyone get lucky ?

Friend got it yesterday.. Even went to the trouble of taking a screenshot of the email he got and posted it on my fb page :mad::mad:

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Friend got it yesterday.. Even went to the trouble of taking a screenshot of the email he got and posted it on my fb page :mad::mad:

I'd be raging with him but would probably have done the same haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Got mine at 00:00 last night. Only seen it 8:00am this morning and my net is slow so only downloading at 330kb/s. Download is 27gb :(

Also:

Moving country in about 3-4 weeks or so, so will miss out on about a month of beta :(

But still glad I'm getting to test it.

-Kenny- wrote: »

Torture him for his log-in information, then kill him and mount the corpse above your computer as a warning to others.

irishmover wrote: »
    Got mine at 00:00 last night. Only seen it 8:00am this morning and my net is slow so only downloading at 330kb/s. Download is 27gb :(

Also:

Moving country in about 3-4 weeks or so, so will miss out on about a month of beta :(

But still glad I'm getting to test it.
    I'll look after it while you're away, if you like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Got one a couple of nights ago also, unable to play until the 8th but have the client down and ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

karma_ wrote: »
    Got one a couple of nights ago also, unable to play until the 8th but have the client down and ready.

Weekend Beta?

If so you're on a different server as me :(

Raphael wrote: »
    I'll look after it while you're away, if you like.

Not if I get there first you wont. :P

Apologies for double-post. Apparently the first set of invites for the European servers went out this week but unfortunately they've been limited to French and German testers only. :/

• Advertisement

Apologies for double-post. Apparently the first set of invites for the European servers went out this week but unfortunately they've been limited to French and German testers only. :/

Yeah saw that on the swtor forums! They are updating this thread when they are sending out invites.

Advertisement