Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Old Republic Beta invites

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Yeah, same place I got. It's ridiculous it took so long to get something as simple as that thread set up, so much hassle could've been saved over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I find it odd how I was invited last week to be put in the US servers. It doesn't really make sense to me.

irishmover wrote: »
    I find it odd how I was invited last week to be put in the US servers. It doesn't really make sense to me.

I think at the moment they're only testing the localisation of the game on the European servers, hence why only French and German testers have been invited. Keeping all the actual play testing in English on the one set of servers as opposed to both allows them to do stress testing as well I'd imagine.

I think at the moment they're only testing the localisation of the game on the European servers, hence why only French and German testers have been invited. Keeping all the actual play testing in English on the one set of servers as opposed to both allows them to do stress testing as well I'd imagine.

At the time I thought it was due to the servers in Dublin not being completely ready to launch for testing which was a worry at the time but now I would probably think its what you've said. Anyway I probably said too much as I am a regular tester not a weekender so still bound by the NDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

At the time I thought it was due to the servers in Dublin not being completely ready to launch for testing which was a worry at the time but now I would probably think its what you've said. Anyway I probably said too much as I am a regular tester not a weekender so still bound by the NDA.

So in one word how is it so far?

• Advertisement

Ravage1616 wrote: »

So in one word how is it so far?

Sorry opinions break NDA so really cannot say.

Double post sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Sorry opinions break NDA so really cannot say.

Bioware do actually watch these forums so for all the new testers be careful

Really? If they were actually serious about preventing NDA breaches it's a wonder certain beta sites are still running.

They watch all reasonably high traffic sites. Usually for people sharing streams of people in beta. Also they have shut down sites based on leaking beta for swtor in the past.

NDA is usually hairy and alot of things can get your account banned, so best to pretty much say nothing and just enjoy being in beta.

• Advertisement

http://darthhater.com/2011/10/14/nycc-2011-main-panel-live-blog/

3:26: Global release is now 12/20, no more 12/22.

Huh, well isn't that a pleasant surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yaay, I get to pick up my copy on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Methionine

Raphael wrote: »
    Yaay, I get to pick up my copy on release day.

If you have pre-ordered you have will have early access a few days before that, though obviously you will need the download the client to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I am aware, yeah. Just happy I get to grab my own box, will probably be heading down the country to my parents for christmas on the 21st - I'd planned to have a mate pick it up and send me the code.

Methionine wrote: »
    If you have pre-ordered you have will have early access a few days before that, though obviously you will need the download the client to do that.

27gb download for the beta and I dont think its changing by much for release. Took me forever to download the beta on 3mb broadband with a download speed of about 320kb/s:D

Just got an invite....... I knew this would happen the weekend skyrim came out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got one too, terrible timing really

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I just got one too...

Despite being in the F&F beta for the last 2 months :pac:

If you don't want it, I'll take it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Bah typical, same here. I wonder if I could manage the entire weekend without sleeping.

I tried to get tomorrow off work.... All I could manage is a half day!

I'm going to be a zombie by Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Ooh, I got an invite! What's the next step?

Mr. K wrote: »
    Ooh, I got an invite! What's the next step?
    I'm guessing next step is to wait for the site to come back up as it's being completely hammered at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Invited just as I buy Skyrim, but still gonna play it :D

Lads just to clarify, if your beta invite email says "weekend beta" it means you've got into the massive weekend one they've not yet announced a date for as opposed to the general EU beta.

Wait...what? Finally managed to get onto swtor.com/tester. No invite there, despite getting the mail.

They better not have f'ed up with the emails again...

[edit] Apparently it's the same for everyone. They really should have included in the mail that it's not accessible or even confirmed on your account yet.

Still, at least it leaves the weekend free for Skyrim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Just got an invite, didn't specify which weekend just an "upcoming weekend".

I suspect my machine won't even be able to run it though, a core 2 duo 1.8GHz with 4GB RAM and a banger of a Radeon X1300 card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I got an email as well saying I have been selected for testing. I actually hope its not this weekend as I will not put down skyrim at the minute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Got the weekend beta invite as well :)

Advertisement