Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Old Republic Beta invites

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Venom wrote: »
    Probley just a case of the servers getting hammered but did you set up the secret questions for you're account?

If not you will need to pick 5-6 answers to questions that get asked after the usual user name/password for logging in.

Finally they answered the phone in support downloading 20gb now only take most of the day but ill have it for the weekend :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Mine's been downloaded (for the third time...) and is ready for the weekend too :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jesus, i don't think i've ever come across a site that is down as much as their official one. Tried to respond to the beta invite, but their doing maintenance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Kiith wrote: »
    Jesus, i don't think i've ever come across a site that is down as much as their official one. Tried to respond to the beta invite, but their doing maintenance again.

In fairness id rather it now then when the game goes live but a pain for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Have the client downloaded, looking forward to it now. Have very little all on at all this weekend so I intend on a full day Saturday. Hopefully my MBP can play it to a decent level but sure this will be a good way to see if I need to build a new machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

downloaded and ready to go, not sure if im looking forward to the launch day of a wow expansion type experience it will inevitably be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

What time will the Beta weekend start at? at Midnight or what? /Impatient

EDIT: nm, got an email. 4pm for us it seems, Friday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Downloading now. Accidentally remoted in to my wrong PC from work. Hopefully it will run it :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Client downloaded and ready to rock, only one slight problem , a certain masterpiece called Skyrim has me by the short and curlies.

Dcully wrote: »
    Client downloaded and ready to rock, only one slight problem , a certain masterpiece called Skyrim has me by the short and curlies.

I'm the same, though i think a Star Wars MMO is enough to pull me away for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

V9 wrote:
    What time will the Beta weekend start at? at Midnight or what? /Impatient

EDIT: nm, got an email. 4pm for us it seems, Friday afternoon.
    I got an email saying 10am Saturday morning PST. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I've 10am CST.

Yeah, 4pm tomorrow. Won't get to play till after work, so hopefully it goes smoothly and i can logon by around 6pm.

I doubt i though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

10am CST tomorrow for me too. Will be trying to wrap up fast and leave work early. =)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Same for me, so I'll probably log in for a bit after work if Assassins Creed doesn't demand more of my time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Be prepared for server queues like never before guys. Last time there was weekend testers the servers which are normally at something like 1/8th load were all full. Also be aware that there are specific weekend servers put up which are wiped after the weekend testing and are (afair) indistinguishable from the permanent beta servers.

Yeah, the queues are gonna be nuts, but they'll be able to find out how to scale the early access, and that's more important to me than getting in fast. Will be nice if that's smoothish.

Downloaded last night and ready to go. Looking forward to giving it a bash later, assuming i can login.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

humanji wrote: »
    I got an email saying 10am Saturday morning PST. :(

I'm the same, so that's 4pm our time. Kinda suits me as heading out tonight and will probably be dying in the morning so gives me a chance to get rid of my hangover and some Skyrim before I crack in to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Kiith wrote: »
    Downloaded last night and ready to go. Looking forward to giving it a bash later, assuming i can login.

Same here, mail I got says my test begins at 10am CST which I think is about 4 or 5 here.

Got the parts for the new machine and built it last night then let the client download overnight, I'm looking forward to giving this a go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Same here, mail I got says my test begins at 10am CST which I think is about 4 or 5 here.

Got the parts for the new machine and built it last night then let the client download overnight, I'm looking forward to giving this a go :)

The launcher updated for me today (60mb) and is saying 5pm GMT for login :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Venom wrote: »
    The launcher updated for me today (60mb) and is saying 5pm GMT for login :)

4pm here, 5pm central europe

Wonder what class i'll try? Don't want to do Trooper or Smuggler, as one of those will be my main at launch. Might just go for a Jedi and see what that's like.

Gonna need a Star Wars name as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Looking VERY forward to this! If yer knocking around anywhere where I start, look for Vialli or Vialli Nyne or something like that.

Have been in the server queue for the past 20 minutes, think it's the only one marked as English in the Europe section.

Dunno what class to try, sure will give it a blast and see how it goes.

BTW the intro cinematic was quite good :)

EDIT: woohoo, up to 5100 in the queue, I've a feeling it'll be about 8pm before I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I was in the middle of creating my character and I got kicked off the server. Now they're all full! :mad:

I actually got in, was playing around, then my internet flopped - when I tried to reconnect, queue. And my mates are already on that server, so I can't just switch. Le sigh.

Which server were you guys using?

Kissai Caste - the english one in the EU section. And all the german and frehcn servers are just sitting there, taunting me.

• Advertisement

ah right, when I logged in first every server was showing full, am afraid to go back and check if others now have free space as I think it will kick me to the back of the line on kissai caste :)

Advertisement