Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Old Republic Beta invites

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Fair. If it wasn't for the fact that my mates are already on Kissai caste, I'd go srfing for an easier server - hell, US with lag would be better than queue. Only 3705 ragequits till I get in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

At least you guys were able to get in, I could'nt even load up the game as it kept crashing and got this weird message "could not load area.dat file. reason-not found"

Dont know even where to start with that one. Not suprised to be honest, it is EA after all. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Funny how there are only four body types. anorexic, skinny, Andre the giant, and super obese.

Pretty much covers all the bases, though =)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Taking forever to get in :(

Going for The Cinzia as it had the smallest wait time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Managed to get in to the game at about 8:30, rolled an Imperial Agent, good fun I have to say, actually better than I expected.

Will give it another bash in the morning, what roles did you guys pick? any suggestions on a good one to try out tomorrow?

Been playing this non stop, level 10, finally got off the first planet, really enjoying it so far. Performing extremely well for a beta, haven't had any lag or crashes.

edit: forgot to say, only one english speaking european server? wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

had a crash at the start but seems stable now. Off planet now myself, its really good. The story driven aspect is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Playing on Kissai Caste with republic and trooper at lvl 4

Ended up jumping ship from Kissai Caste to Lenico Gargantuan, since there were 3 of us and 2 were queing. Also, we figured the queues in Kissai will suck all weekend, as it was the first server up. And since Lenico Gargantuan is a very silly name, we figured it's stay low pop.

Game is really awesome - it's just like playing any other Bioware game, except it happens to be an MMO too. Writing is superb, voices are great, and there's some nice features. Having just gotten to the fleet, the crew skills system is really superb, and something I can see myself having a lot of fun with.

Looking forward to playing it all weekend, and more than ever to launch.

• Advertisement

Played on a US server all night with no lag. if im honest - i wasnt really blown away. The story was fine, voice acting was good at times, distracting at others.

The starter areas are small, linear and lack epic. I like that WoW and SWG were so open, and i hope later worlds offrr this.

Combat is highly highly generic, nothing at all inventive so far and the game graphics are average. i have yet to pre order and have seen nothing to change my Mind... see how today goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Pros : Access to the star wars beta

Cons: Multiple college assignments due monday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got in a few hours yesterday. Really enjoying it. Well written, and great voice acting. Started as a Jedi (as i don't plan on being one at launch) and while there's not really anything new about the combat, it's still enjoyable. Looking forward to getting some more time on it, and might try another character later on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

my phone and bb decided to go tits up on me yesterday, now waiting on eircom to fix,ffs talk about timing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Meh Ques are so long, the estimated time thing is well off : /

Probably wont get to play today have to go out this evening, o well, will try again tomorrow.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

that sucks.... ive been on Kissai since Thursday (got myself a press review pass.... yes, i am playing Sith ...in real life! :p )

Loving it but then I liked Wow and EQ and all the rest of them too. Havent gotten off the planet yet but nearly there, tidying up before I go :)

I'm "Poket" on kissai if anyone wants to jump on tomorrow (SSF stuff todo today... stupid sick kids. pfffff. get better!!)

DeV.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

This is pants!!!! I have to play everything again???

I was level 16 and now they want me to start eerything over?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Gator wrote: »

It's a beta test.

Gator wrote: »

no, just rejoin the same server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In a queue for 90 minutes....finally get in and it's the wrong server.

Rejoin my actual server...90 minute queue

FFFUUUUUU!! :mad:

• Advertisement

I've maybe waited 2 minutes since i started playing, never been more than 10th in line.

Kiith wrote: »
    In a queue for 90 minutes....finally get in and it's the wrong server.

Rejoin my actual server...90 minute queue

FFFUUUUUU!! :mad:
    Hmm I hope the queue I'm in right now is the correct one, it just automatically put me in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Has anyone got a spare beta key they are not using?i would really appreciate it and would try make it worth your while mayb some xbox 48 hour codes or something

CyberJuice wrote: »
    Has anyone got a spare beta key they are not using?i would really appreciate it and would try make it worth your while mayb some xbox 48 hour codes or something

check your pm's

edit: that code I sent you had to be redeemed before the 18th, ah well

Any opinions on crew skills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Crew skills are handy, I think. Its a nifty little feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'm finding the queues to be ok thus far. Queues telling me 90m or some such, when in reality I'm waiting about 3 minutes (PvP europe server).

Well, this is my second shot at beta and it's a damned improvement on my first experience which left me cancelling my pre-order in absolute disgust at the seeming apathy the testers from my last test were met with. I remain to be convinced but so far so good; playing republic commando. Good story-arc thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

Not hugely impressed by it but it's not awful either, nothing was standout and nothing new to the genre.

Enjoyed the storyline aspect of it but was kinda dissapointed with character customisation, very few options for changing facial features and the like. Really don't feel like my character is gonna be unique enough. I hope the shipped game is different with respect to that.

That said very few problems with lag or disconnect's and could see myself putting a few hours into it. I really hope they have endgame sorted cause that's a deal breaker for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

bombs away wrote: »
    Not hugely impressed by it but it's not awful either, nothing was standout and nothing new to the genre.

There's not an awful lot I haven't encountered in other MMO games. But with that said, there are some nice touches; like the social points aspect. Some NPCs will interact with however many of your group join the same conversation with you (it's obvious beforehand) so several players will get speech options. It's a small point but it did jump out at me as being somewhat unique and new. And of course the voice-overs ...

Other than that, nothing overly 'new' in it although I do like the artwork style of graphics; not so 'realistic' yet not outlandishly cartoon-ish either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm really enjoying it for the most part, but it's got some issues. If it weren't for the fact that it's Starwars, I couldn't imagine it doing too well. As most agree, it doesn't do much to set it aside from other MMO's. But as a sequel to Knights Of The Old Republic, I like it.

But I'm currently haven't a horrific time with lag. Every two minutes I've to restart to game because it freezes for quite a while. And right at the moment, it won't let me even start the game. Hopefully this stress test will help them iron out these issues for the release.

Advertisement