Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy sim-less phones online

Options
  • 10-08-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm looking for a reliable place to buy a unlocked mobile phone, preferably online, as I live about 4 miles outside the middle of nowhere. My current phone has a homicidal streak, and to be honest, I hate it just as much as it hates me. I got it on an upgrade, so I'm not entitled to another so soon, I just want it out of my life!

What I want is a basic Flip/fold phone that I can put my existing sim into. I just want to make calls and text messages, nothing fancier than that. My current provider doesn't sell any, which is why I got this Samsung in the first place.

Basically, has anyone ordered something similar online, and if so, please point me at a website!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Thanks cookie, are these sites you've personally used? I found those myself, I was more looking for a personal recommendation I think, sorry I wasn't clear enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I've bought off expansys.ie (in fact awaiting deliver of a BlackBerry 9900 from them at the moment), Ive bought phones and A Nikon D80 off Pixmania and my brother has bought off phonesonline. I've had zero problems with any of them although I find sometimes phonesonline to be a little dear although it depends on what you're buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Got a Nokia N8 from amazon.co.uk. Sent it back as I changed my mind and had money back within about 10 days

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

+1 for Amazon.co.uk - have used them several times for sim-free phones and never had any hassle.

If you are looking for a retro sim free phone, check out http://www.lekki.fr/

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Thanks everyone for the replies :)

I've gone with amazon, mostly because they actually had a phone *in stock* that I am reasonably happy with... No actual delivery date as yet though.

Advertisement