Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Education Allowance and free fees

Options
  • 10-08-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey, I need some advise in relation to the back to education allowance and fees.

My friend is hoping to go back to college this September, he has been told that he will be able to receive back to education allowance, but he is a little confused in relation to the free fees.

He has been in college twice before and had to with draw due to medical reason, both times he had to leave about half way through second year.

We have tried to find out weather he would be entitled to the free fees again, or if he will have to pay them, as he did have to drop out because of a medical condition.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

I had the same problem, I did one year of a three year degree course a few years ago, I got both the BTEA and the full grant so I was worried my fee's wouldn't be paid this year. I contacted the VEC and they told me that if I get the BTEA then I get my fee's paid (but you have to apply for both)
    There is no free fee's form, you just use the grant form on studentfinance.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

I dont remember him applying for the grant previously because he had been told he would not get it. Its so hard to find the information, or more so someone he can ask about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

If your friend contacts the student finance department of the college he has applied for, they will be able to guide him through the process and provide him with the documentation that is needed from his programme. Closing date for applications for the grant is the end of August.

Advertisement