Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dominics take away

Options
  • 10-08-2011 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

went in there last night and last tuesday, hadnt been in in years. Anyway i have never in all my life met such ignorant people behind the counter, last week i was the only customer , the 3 staff members kept talking to each other for about 5 minutes before asking me what i wanted- so much for fast food:rolleyes:- they where waving and laughing at some guy across the road, i was sorely tempted to walk out... Last night again i was the only customer , they where having great crack when i went in , i was obviously in the way , they kept talking to each other for a few minutes and eventually asked me what did i want . Now fair dues its lovely food but christ their atitude is so annoying, strange how there wasnt any other customers there both nights i was in:rolleyes: what do other people think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I'm sorry, but if you let them keep talking for 5 minutes without saying "Ahem, excuse me...", then you need to grow a pair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i did try and say something, they didnt hear me,but they where too busy talking , i was going to walk out, pure ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

That type of attitude would make me just up and leave. It's not the only chipper in town and not even the nicest - I've been served reheated chips a couple of times from there.

Head down to the Genoa on Shop St, much nicer chips (and fish, onion rings, battered sausage etc) and from the take away section you can see what they're putting into the fryer. I've never got reheats, never been disappointed with food and never been left waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

you need to eat less chipper food its very bad for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Is dominics different to dominos?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I agree, Dominics is awful.
    Theres no worse take away in the town.

Rossin wrote: »
    you need to eat less chipper food its very bad for you :)
    well actually i was ordering slimming world food from the ming garden for myself and was getting greasy food for the rest of the family:D

haha im sure you were :D

lads i wouldnt be big into my chippers now but i have to say when i was working near dominics this time last year i used to eat there regular enough and i thought the food was pretty good! the spice burgers and battered sausages are the business, also the chips are grand! its def nicer than that place across the road and i wasnt gonna walk any further for a bag of chips :)

i assume they thought you were deciding on what to order when they were having the time of their lives with you standing there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

That type of attitude would make me just up and leave. It's not the only chipper in town and not even the nicest - I've been served reheated chips a couple of times from there.

Head down to the Genoa on Shop St, much nicer chips (and fish, onion rings, battered sausage etc) and from the take away section you can see what they're putting into the fryer. I've never got reheats, never been disappointed with food and never been left waiting.
    Unless they battered the sausage, onion rings, and fish while you were standing there you got reheats. That's how FAST food operates.

Dominic's is OK, above average I would say. But if I was the only person there and they didn't acknowledge me straight away let alone 'several minutes' later - I'd be gone and let them know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Scotty # wrote: »
    Unless they battered the sausage, onion rings, and fish while you were standing there you got reheats. That's how FAST food operates.

Dominic's is OK, above average I would say. But if I was the only person there and they didn't acknowledge me straight away let alone 'several minutes' later - I'd be gone and let them know why.

Read my post again. It refers to reheated chips.
    I've never got reheated chips in the Genoa. There's a definate taste and extra greasyness from reheated chips as they aren't covered in batter. I have got them in Dominics and they're foul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

For me Dominic's is the best chipper in town and I have tried them all.

Staff are fine, but I would say that the owner guy (baldy, shaved head) treats the staff like dirt.

gebbel wrote: »
    For me Dominic's is the best chipper in town and I have tried them all.

Staff are fine, but I would say that the owner guy (baldy, shaved head) treats the staff like dirt.
    so when you go in are you left to wait for ages while the staff have a conversation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

whelan1 wrote: »
    so when you go in are you left to wait for ages while the staff have a conversation?

Never happened. Can't fault their speed in serving you.

so if you're a regular you get special treatment if you're just a joe soap you can wait until they have finished their chat:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I've never got reheated chips in the Genoa. There's a definate taste and extra greasyness from reheated chips as they aren't covered in batter. I have got them in Dominics and they're foul.
    As someone who works in the industry I can assure you that EVERY chipper that serves fresh chips (as opposed to frozen processed) will reheat from time to time depending on how busy it is. Otherwise they would be throwing a HUGE amount of chips (ie.money) in the bin. To reheat chips once is fine and you probably wouldn't tell the difference. To reheat more than that (and yes, some do) is when you notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Scotty # wrote: »
    As someone who works in the industry I can assure you that EVERY chipper that serves fresh chips (as opposed to frozen processed) will reheat from time to time depending on how busy it is. Otherwise they would be throwing a HUGE amount of chips (ie.money) in the bin. To reheat chips once is fine and you probably wouldn't tell the difference. To reheat more than that (and yes, some do) is when you notice it.

this is why I like to be in a chipper where you can WATCH them putting in the fresh chips behind the counter. Some chippers here in Dundalk even reheat the burgers YUCK.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Dominics is a fairly good chipper I've always found. There aren't many chippies that stand above the crowd anyway. Tho I still havent tried that new "posh chipper" in Bryanstown!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Find Dominics to be one of the better chippers in the town and best priced value. Its been there a long time now.
    Never had a problem with any of the staff or the grub out of it.
    The owner though looks like he is in permanent bad mood, dont think i ever seen him crack a smile to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

Definitely the nicest Quarter Pounder in the town..with or without cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

whelan1 wrote: »
    went in there last night and last tuesday, hadnt been in in years. Anyway i have never in all my life met such ignorant people behind the counter, last week i was the only customer , the 3 staff members kept talking to each other for about 5 minutes before asking me what i wanted- so much for fast food:

Not condoning you left waiting but come on, 5 mins? slight exaggeration?

• Advertisement

kbell wrote: »
    Not condoning you left waiting but come on, 5 mins? slight exaggeration?
    nope, i had 2 kids hanging off me , tried to say what i wanted and they kept talking to each other, even one of the kids commented on how long it was taking, could understand if they where busy but obviously the owner was not there

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Find Dominics to be one of the better chippers in the town and best priced value. Its been there a long time now.
    Never had a problem with any of the staff or the grub out of it.
    The owner though looks like he is in permanent bad mood, dont think i ever seen him crack a smile to anyone.

Thats Joe you're on about I reckon! Dominic himself is a happy go lucky kinda fella

well i went back there last night , it was dominics wife afaik that was in charge, in and out in 5 minutes no messing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

I really liked Dominics, they;ve always been quick and friendly when i've been there. And I don't go regularly at all.

OP For someone who was so disgusted by the place, you go there a lot.

fh041205 wrote: »
    I really liked Dominics, they;ve always been quick and friendly when i've been there. And I don't go regularly at all.

OP For someone who was so disgusted by the place, you go there a lot.
    maybe once a week or a a fortnight i go to the ming garden to get the slimming world food- only take away in town that does it :rolleyes: so as they dont do burgers i find it handier to go to dominics to get the rest of the families food , was just very annoyed at the way the staff where so ignorant while i was trying to order... up until the last few weeks it was years since i even stood in dominics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Dominic's years ago had a great rep at one stage. - their food was great. Now its gone to hell.
    Their chips taste like McDonald's flowery stuff. As for their curry sauce (which I used to use from there), its now gone to hell and rotten.

Damn shame.

sure aren't the chips just spuds cut up?!

Biggins wrote: »
    As for their curry sauce (which I used to use from there), its now gone to hell and rotten.

Damn shame.

I'll have to tell my Ma that! She worked in there for years and always made the curry sauce, I used to love it myself :)

Advertisement