Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Ploughing Championships

• 10-08-2011 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Well, are you thinking of going?

Picked up a leaflet there today. €20 a head. €40 a couple before ever buying anything at the stands :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Muckit wrote: »

Picked up a leaflet there today. €20 a head. €40 a couple before ever buying anything at the stands :o

where did you pick up the leaflet today ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

where did you pick up the leaflet today ?

BOI. Think they're sponsoring it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Muckit wrote: »

will leave my husband at home so:)

Start saving , cos it really is a great day out , and while you are there make sure you go to actually see the ploughing .

Many don't .

The €20 will probably give you parking , brochure , and entry .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Yep, always a great day out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Yes I'm looking foward to it, hope the weather is dry though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Its turned into a Hawker festival with the last few years with less emphasis on farming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Start saving , cos it really is a great day out , and while you are there make sure you go to actually see the ploughing .

Many don't .

The €20 will probably give you parking , brochure , and entry .

I'm not a tillage farmer and have no interest in it, why go see it? I go to see the trade stands, machinery etc

Free parking yes, brochure nope.

I think it's a good thing that the show has broadened out in the last few years. We all have houses etc, why not have domestic stuff there too? So long as there's a link to country life, it has a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Grecco wrote: »
    Its turned into a Hawker festival with the last few years with less emphasis on farming

Totally agree, Would prefer tullamore show anyday:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

I normally make sure I make it, have been every year since 96. Cant make it this year and I'm not too pushed. As Grecco said its turning in to a hawker festival. I havent been to Tullamore in years though, far better cattle show. I found a few machinery stands have scaled down or pulled out over the last few years as well. I think a lot of them leave it until the FTMTA show in feb -Is that still every 2nd year??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

For any of you that are going beware of English men promoting magical mops, perfume etc. They usually have large crowds around them that fall over one another to buy their products. They are normally down to the last twenty the first day only to find another container load for the last day :rolleyes: I heard of a lot of mops that were binned last year before they got through cleaning the kitchen floor. How do people get caught out with these idiots every year. The sellers have a quick pitch to a curious crowd followed by impulse buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

For any of you that are going beware of English men promoting magical mops, perfume etc. They usually have large crowds around them that fall over one another to buy their products. They are normally down to the last twenty the first day only to find another container load for the last day :rolleyes: I heard of a lot of mops that were binned last year before they got through cleaning the kitchen floor. How do people get caught out with these idiots every year. The sellers have a quick pitch to a curious crowd followed by impulse buying.

and of course they have their side kicks in the crowd nearly breaking their necks trying to spend their €50's

hope to spend 2 days at the event, for the first time in over 15 years I may have problems organizing relief milkers, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

is it worth the bother, havnt being for a few years but it was crap last time I was there. I think one would be better off saving up and heading to one of the European shows every now and again - SIMA, Agromek etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

whelan1 wrote: »
    will leave my husband at home so:)

God thats fierce mean of you:P

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I was absolutely disgusted last year with the amount of drink teenagers had on the buses. They were hammered at 11am, even seen 2 lads sprawled out on the muck passed out. But so long as I can get off work I will be there!:D

blue5000 wrote: »
    God thats fierce mean of you:P
    well on second thoughts i will let him drive me there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I go if its central enough. I would'nt drive hours to get to it.
    I like the Tullamore show too, and usually go, though I'm treatening every year to give Moynalty a look. I think both shows always clash?

used to be very easy to get free passes to the ploughing, they seem very scarce this last few years:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Ploughing time again. Reminds me we're heading into the cold and rain of winter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coolio kidddd

i hear its just outside new ross this year is that true???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

That'd be false, it's Athy, Co. Kildare:

http://www.npa.ie/

Haven't been there in a while, going to do my damnedest to get to it this year.

(Nope I won't be watching the ploughing either :D ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

its a great old day if you get the weather, but in bad weather its awfal

Outside New Ross in Sept 2012 -

Advertisement