Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla SEO Mod_Rewrite & Blacknight

Options
  • 10-08-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Fed up with the random spikes of slow response from my current host so am now looking to jump ship.

I'm primarily running Joomla websites and need to use mod_rewrite. I had come across one or two posts saying I had to use Linux hosting and do a manual install to get that working with BK hosting. Is that right? No issue if it is I just need to know I can use SEO friendly URLs if I go with BK hosting.
    Cheers for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Generally speaking you'll have a lot more control over a manual installation of any CMS

I know there were some issues with a version of Joomla a few months ago, so I'll have to get back to you on that once I've had a chance to check with our technical team (I have some vague recollection of there being some part of Joomla that caused issues, but I could be imagining it .. )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I checked with our technical support team ..

To quote one of them:

there's some kind of bug with the initial setup where it can't verify the FTP details or somesuch during the configuration. I can't remember the exact specifics - but it's the case where you either a) ignore the verification and use the ftp details and it just works anyway - or - b) you don't activate the ftp module and it uses PHP to manage the files

So it should be fine. They also advise Linux, as mod_rewrite etc., will "just work"

Advertisement