Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBM Not working.

• 10-08-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I recently got a second hand bb curve from my dads work, it has been completly wiped,i also unlocked it from o2 to use on vodafone internet and email are working fine but i cannot get bbm to work... help.... ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

It could be down due to the riots in England. RIM might had disabled it while its going on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Have you contacted vodafone to add the BIS service to your phone? It costs 50 cent per day on payg. Then you go to:
    http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.ie/
    Create a new account and register the device

Edit: BBM is working fine. No one has shut it down.

To activate BIS on your vodafone account:
    Text "BlackBerry" to 50222 to opt in

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

i already have a data plan with vodafone... do i still need bis? because internet is working over esge aswell as facebook and everything else? i have gone into i've gone into Host Routing Table and sent a registration message but nothing happens?

You still need BIS. BBM and email require BIS. Facebook and other apps dont.

Thats a bit stupid because i used to have a bb storm and that i got unlocked and that didnt need and bis to get email i just never used bbm? if i top up 20 a month i get free calls and 250mb data will the 50c a day be taken out of that?

• Advertisement

If you want push email and BBM then BIS is definitely required. You can access email from the browser but thats not the same as push email. If you were able to get push email without BIS then you were lucky vodafone (or what ever network) didn't charge you properly.

Yes it'll be taken from the 20 euro. Make sure you activate BIS though as described above. Then register via host routing or the website listed above from a computer

as for host routing table registration can that be done on a different network if its already been done on another network.. if so how long does it take after it says registration message sent?

As long as the old network as properly released your device then yes it can be done.

I dont know how long it takes vodafone to activate BIS (I'm on Three), but i'd imagine you'll get a confirmation text. Once you receive that maybe do a battery pull and then try register host routing. If that doesn't work try the site form a PC. If that doesn't work contact O2 and ask them to double check the device has been released from their system

if i got the MEP code to unlock it does that mean its been released?

no that just means it's not locked to one network. When you use a Blackberry on a network it is also locked to it so you can get email etc... But sometimes when people move networks their Blackberry wont work on the new network as the old network hasnt released it. It usually just takes a call if this is the case but you wont know until you try

• Advertisement

ahh i see :) have you ever had to release one before does it take long? surely if its tied to a network then you should see it in host routing tables?

No as I've only changed networks once in 14 years and i didn't have to as it was released properly (they usually are). Once they close your account the bis service books are deleted but it doesn't mean the device pin/imei are still stuck on the other networks system.

the thing is i unlocked it with freemyblackberry.com so i havnt contacted o2 at all?

Well see if it's still stuck on their system first by trying to activate BIS on the device on vodafone. If it doesn't work call o2 and ask them to check that your device has been released properly (nothing to do with unlocking). O2 wont need or car to know if it's unlocked or how it's unlocked.

O2 would only care if the device was reported as stolen or something like that.

see the thing is i text blackberry to 50222 and they said i was already eligable to use the blackberry services?? weird...

30 sec Battery pull followed by host routing registration or register on your pc.
    If that doesn't work a vodafone rep may have to make an adjustment to your account tomorrow.

Battery pull did it all working now thanks :)

Glad it's working ;) Enjoy

Advertisement