Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

one off CNC parts

• 10-08-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

i have a few parts i want made in aluminium, they'd have to be done on CNC or by someone skilled with a lathe and mill, so anyone here have access to lathes and mills or even CNC machines that could be of any help.

The parts are small and i'm a qualified engineer, so drawings and cad/cam files could easily be supplied.

just as good is if someone could recommend a company that takes on small jobs..

thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Hi Doc.

I'm in the trade & may be able to help or refer you to somebody.

Where you located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

in dublin city center...

Carlow myself.

Drop me a PM if that's okay.

thanks man... i seem to have found someone who can do this for me though!

No prob.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi Doc Savage, I would just like to know who you got to make your parts in the end, I am looking to get a rudder made in 1/2" aluminium or 1/4" stainless steal for my boat something like this, or if there is anyone around that would be up to the job at a good price. :D
    Thanks.

164847_196801890333976_133952219952277_832353_5941816_n.jpg

i ended up using my fathers friends workshop...he had a mill with a myriad of ancient accessories (index tables and the like)... we got the parts out easily enough with his help!

He let us in as a favour to my father and i don't know him all that well i'm afraid... he's retired too..

i'll try and get the name of another fabricator i used to work for in drogheda and i'll throw it up here when i find it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Terry the CNC Toolmaker

Hi Fergal, the polished plate with the holes could be done for a few hundred euro if you have your own existing brackets.,ie a 2D plate with mounting holes drilled and contours machined and polished. Things start getting messy though if you want horizontal struts Tigged on and the brackets made up and I wouldn't expect you to have much change out of a Grand whether 1/4" 304 SS or 1/2" 6061 Aly.
    Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Greetings all, and apologies for the necropost. I'm in the same situation myself now, and wasn't sure if anyone posting was still in the CNC game. I have 2 circular plates to make and the DWG files ready to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Where are you based ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

StoneyCNC in glasnevin?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

dev100 wrote: »
    Where are you based ?

Dublin :)
    Not far from Newlands Cross. I'll certainly give that place in glasnevin a ring as well. 3D CAD in Aluminium might be a bit tricky but the drawings are done at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cmurray5

Hi

I have a Meba 320DGA CNC Bandsaw which requires a particular Hohner Encoder (Serie KHE86 SUCO NET KI encoder). As I cannot locate one of these encoders, I instead have a similar encoder (Hohner BC58 0013 EK42 USB encoder) which it should be possible for a computer programmer to make the machine compatible with. Does anybody have any experience of such computer programming who might be able to help?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement