Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recommendation for a noob?

• 11-08-2011 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

hey guys

tend to smoke marlboro light and stronger so i'm thinking a good throat hit is the biggest priority. have about 80euro on the credit card but would rather spend less obviously

so any recommendations for a good throat hit and battery life at a good price?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

An Ego is by far the best starting kit in my humble opinion. It combines simplicity with good battery life and the most common connection (the 510). Combine that with some dual coil cartomisers (cheap and cheerful and easy to manage once you get used to them) and you have a very straightforward vaping set.

An example of a starter kit: http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/joye-ego-xl-starter-kit/prod_144.html

The cartomisers: http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html

Some juice types: http://www.thebestshop.eu/standard-eliquid/cat_6.html

There are many different online shops you can use. I'm only linking to The Best Shop because I use them myself and have found their prices reasonable and their service good. For reference a dual coil cartomiser lasts around a week of vaping. I go through 30ml of juice in a week, I'm a relatively heavy user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Alopex

Thanks a lot.

so if I got that starter kit would I have everything I need? or do i need to get cartomisers too? how often do you need to get new cartomisers?

Alopex wrote: »
    Thanks a lot.

so if I got that starter kit would I have everything I need? or do i need to get cartomisers too? how often do you need to get new cartomisers?

The starter kit would have everything you need to get off the ground. The cartomisers would replace the atomiser and cartridge system in the kit with something different (and in my opinion better).

4 or 5 cartomisers should last you a month. 30ml of juice should last you 4 weeks or thereabouts, varies from person to person. It's a bit like asking how long a pack of cigarettes will last someone. Some people smoke 10 a day, some 30 etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

I would go with a tank starter kit cause it takes the hassle out of the equation. You can pick up one for 54 euro (after boards discount) with a free carry case and free 20ml liquid from www.e-cigireland.com

tkavan wrote: »
    I would go with a tank starter kit cause it takes the hassle out of the equation. You can pick up one for 54 euro (after boards discount) with a free carry case and free 20ml liquid from www.e-cigireland.com

sweet think will get that on monday. the owner annoyingly on holiday this week!

• Advertisement

*starts a cartomiser versus tank debate*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tanks raped my mother, and killed my father!

went into a shop in town. got a thing called an e-cirette for 20euro. loving it so far. put 18mg coffee flavour in and its fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ktala

nesf wrote: »

*starts a cartomiser versus tank debate*

Find cartos have tighter draw and less generous with vapour but leak less than tanks. Would still stick with the tanks.

ktala wrote: »
    Find cartos have tighter draw and less generous with vapour but leak less than tanks. Would still stick with the tanks.

Tried dual coil cartomisers? Personally can't stand regular cartos but dual coil ones converted me completely. Was a drip tip and atomiser man before this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ktala

ktala wrote: »

Tried dual coil cartomisers? Personally can't stand regular cartos but dual coil ones converted me completely. Was a drip tip and atomiser man before this.

Am sure I will try them at some point.

can you put dual coils on any battery?

this is the one I have. they don't advertise dual coils on the site - just normal cartomisers

http://ecirettesolutions.com/products.php?view=productPage&product=34&category=

Alopex wrote: »
    can you put dual coils on any battery?

this is the one I have. they don't advertise dual coils on the site - just normal cartomisers

http://ecirettesolutions.com/products.php?view=productPage&product=34&category=

I'm not 100% sure off one of those batteries but I'm running them fine off Ego batteries. If I was at home I'd check for you but am stuck in hospital at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I've run DCCs off of a 510 battery like the one in that picture so you'll be grand. They're actually made to fit those batteries so it will match as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Are there any that do not require re filling, ie you simply plug in a cartridge and away you go, replace when necessary.

Whats are the disadvantages of the type that i describe above?

Ta for the help!

Are there any that do not require re filling, ie you simply plug in a cartridge and away you go, replace when necessary.

Whats are the disadvantages of the type that i describe above?

Ta for the help!

You can buy pre-filled cartos that you can throw away after using. It's expensive though.

Advertisement