Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

And again! You think they'd have better things to be doing with their time than tying front line public service workers in weird quasi legal arguements and posting sneering videos on Youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Wow, is there any less intelligent life form than Tom?

Rather than wasting peoples time, Tom, it would be far easier for you to state what your own intention is - I do not accept the laws/rules/polices/guidelines that have been set and live with the consequences and/or benefit. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

I only listened to a couple of minutes of "Tom is an utter imbecile" before my brains started dripping out my ears. I'm pretty sure they abolished HTO as a grade about 10 years ago and they are all EO now.

Probably part of the conspiracy ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Vogon poetry has nothing on our Tom.

blank.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Robbo wrote: »
    It seems Bill Cullen has perhaps switched allegiances from Colonel Mustard to one of the other svengalis.

He issued proceedings against 30 parties in one action, where he's registered 10 lis pendens. Jackie Lavin has also been issuing proceedings by the new time as well.

I hope whatever hearing dates he gets don't interefere with him being blasted into orbit.
    Withdrawn.

Whilst Bill was still listed as an applicant in person, he appears to be now with legit representation from Scotland. Although the firm previously sent someone over for one of Ben's "conferences"...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Withdrawn.

Whilst Bill was still listed as an applicant in person, he appears to be now with legit representation from Scotland. Although the firm previously sent someone over for one of Ben's "conferences"...

a couple of questions on that article (bolding mine).

it says
    He had also looked for declarations that the appointment of the receivers were null and void and had made allegations of breaches of Central Bank and Consumer Protection Codes.

What would consumer protection codes have to do with any of this? Surely business to business transactions like this would not be covered?

How are a legal firm from a different jurisdiction involved? Would they have to get permission from the Law Society to practice as lawyers in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I've heard a lot of stuff about them not being customers of Irish Water as they don't consent blah blah blah....

But Freemen love their definitions so you think they would have spotted this definition in the Irish Water Service (No. 2) Act 2013.
    “customer” means, in relation to the provision of water services, the occupier of the
    premises in respect of which the water services are provided;
    So are you the occupier of a premises to which water services are provided? Congratulations you are an Irish Water customer!

I suppose Tom could come up with some argument that he isn't the occupier of any premises, but then he'd have to pay the NPPR charge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

dloob wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of stuff about them not being customers of Irish Water as they don't consent blah blah blah....

But Freemen love their definitions so you think they would have spotted this definition in the Irish Water Service (No. 2) Act 2013.

So are you the occupier of a premises to which water services are provided? Congratulations you are an Irish Water customer!

I suppose they Tom come up with some argument that he isn't the occupier of any premises, but then he'd have to pay the NPPR charge :D

They're Freemen of the Land.... they live on the land. Therefore they do not consent to being "occupiers" of any premises. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I suppose Tom could come up with some argument that he isn't the occupier of any premises, but then he'd have to pay the NPPR charge :D

He'll probably claim that the bank which lent him straw own his house so they are the ones who should pay. No mention of illegal bank loans will be made at this sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The boys in blue are gonna need a lot of these for the protests I reckon
    Oatlets.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭ooter

What is the definition of occupier in this situation,if there is more than 1 person living in the premises who is the occupier?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ooter wrote: »
    What is the definition of occupier in this situation,if there is more than 1 person living in the premises who is the occupier?
    The person who pays the bills? (e.g. John of the family Billpayer).

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    The person who pays the bills? (e.g. John of the family Billpayer).

Does it say that in the Irish water services act,on www.water.ie or in the pack they're sending out?
    Not trying to be smart,just curious and I haven't read the act..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Does it say that in the Irish water services act,on www.water.ie or in the pack they're sending out?
    Not trying to be smart,just curious and I haven't read the act..

The 2007 Act defines Occupier as follows,

“ occupier ” includes any person entitled to occupy a premises and any other person having, for the time being, control of the premises;

No. 2 act of 2013 says,

“customer” means, in relation to the provision of water services, the occupier of the premises in respect of which the water services are provided;

So could it be any one of a number of people occupying a premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

So could it be any one of a number of people occupying a premises?

I presume it is left purposely vague to ensure that occupier non-owners are held equally liable for the charge. If you own/occupy obviously you "control" so they need to ensure that others that "control" are caught.

It's certainly not the most elegant way of dealing with it, but it gets the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

The 2007 Act defines Occupier as follows,

“ occupier ” includes any person entitled to occupy a premises and any other person having, for the time being, control of the premises;

No. 2 act of 2013 says,

“customer” means, in relation to the provision of water services, the occupier of the premises in respect of which the water services are provided;

Occupier is defined in the No. 2 act of 2013 as well, it's not all that different though from the 2007 version.

“occupier” means, in relation to a premises, the person for the time being entitled to the
    occupation of the premises

Would cover everyone in the premises as customer then I would think.

it seems to me they have no way of distinguishing between an occupier and the occupier.
    each to their own but why anyone would want to volunteer to become "the occupier" for irish water purposes or any other purpose for that matter is beyond me..:confused:

it seems to me they have no way of distinguishing between an occupier and the occupier.
    each to their own but why anyone would want to volunteer to become "the occupier" for irish water purposes or any other purpose for that matter is beyond me..:confused:

That's actually why the provision is worded that way. If they need to pursue you then they designate who they think the occupier is. If they fall within the definition in the act then they can be pursued. Stops nonsense arguments about who the occupier actually is

That's actually why the provision is worded that way. If they need to pursue you then they designate who they think the occupier is. If they fall within the definition in the act then they can be pursued. Stops nonsense arguments about who the occupier actually is

why don't they just do that then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

They do do that.

Look at it from the point of view of Irish Water (or any other utility company). They don't know, and are not in a position to find out, whose name is on the tenancy agreement, or even if there is a tenancy agreement, and they don't know and don't want to have to care about whether the names on the title deeds are the same as the names of the people in the property. People can and do divide up interests in property in all kinds of ways, but none of them are particularly important as far as utilities go. The people actually in the property are the people who are using the services provided by the utility company; it make sense for the legilislative framework to make the people who occupy the property primarily liable to pay for the utilities, regardless of the basis on which they occupy it. "Occupier" gets you there.

But with any other utility company you apply to avail of their service and are required to give a name for billing purposes,Shirley that's not the case with Irish waterwater because you're going to get the water anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

But with any other utility company you apply to avail of their service and are required to give a name for billing purposes,Shirley that's not the case with Irish waterwater because you're going to get the water anyway?

Shirley, my dear, water is no different to any other utility. If you change house you notify the company of the change of occupier and thus bill payer. You take a meter reading etc.

Well I would've thought it is different to any other utility because you cannot be switched off and you don't have to apply for the service because you're already getting it.
    I just think it's wide open to abuse by the occupiers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Hub are apparently going to take an action against Irish Water. Should be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The Hub are apparently going to take an action against Irish Water. Should be entertaining.

What's their approach/complaint in this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I'd imagine pure fantasy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

They're bringing Matlock back from the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

my friend wrote: »
    They're bringing Matlock back from the dead.

Lionel Hutz sitting second chair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

No consent, peaceful protest, garda violation of the constitution, it is all happening in this video!

https://www.facebook.com/DublinSaysNo.DSN/posts/974939129199261

Advertisement