Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

johnciall wrote: »
    Just saw this on Facebook: http://directdemocracyireland.ie/emergency-dail-legislation-collecting-water-bills-due-friday-14th-november-2014/

I have a sneaking suspicion that no such legislation will be raised tomorrow

Slightly worrying comment

Great craic on November 13, 2014 at 5:56 pm
    If they do vote in this legalisation tomorrow we should storm the dail and kill everybody who voted for it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Slightly worrying comment

Great craic on November 13, 2014 at 5:56 pm
    If they do vote in this legalisation tomorrow we should storm the dail and kill everybody who voted for it.
    You get that a lot with these protest groups.

They get incredibly butthurt that they're seen as a mob or dissidents (despite a heavy Eirigi presence at just about everything they do) and then make threats like this. There's one particular "lady" who moves in them circles that must have shares in Texaco for all the mystery blazes and worse she advocates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

From the direct democracy article comments.

"Blockade the Dail. If they cant get in, they cant vote."

Because **** voting. It has no place in direct democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

The Hub has just announced that is will hold a conference on December 13th with a view to setting up a new political "movement" .

Or a new party, more online heroes with delusions of grandeur who dream of being able to put those who disagree with them, or those with money, up against the wall. Sounds familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

As the Dail doesn't sit on a Friday it's very likely. I see some Sinn Fein fans praising Mary Lou for preventing it anyway.

That may have factored into my reasoning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Can't find the IW thread but it's just as home in here :)

https://www.facebook.com/thelandleague/posts/1491999047743156

Another gem from Dublin Says No

"The constitution says a mans home is inviolable, end of!!!"

Eh no, that's not the end of. There's actually more to that particular piece, the most important being "save in accordance with law", although I can see why the law would be inconvenient to you.

Another gem from Dublin Says No

"The constitution says a mans home is inviolable, end of!!!"

Eh no, that's not the end of. There's actually more to that particular piece, the most important being "save in accordance with law", although I can see why the law would be inconvenient to you.

Ah but I don't consent to that bit, same way Dutchess Markerbitch didn't before he opened that swimming pool in town :pac:

http://directdemocracyireland.ie/breaking-news-mortgage-securitisation-finally-sent-for-full-trial/

DDI claiming two victories today. The first is not having their case on securitisation struck out and getting it to trial. No what I'd call a victory but whatever floats your boat Ben. The second victory is super secret and involves a bank settling for a seven figure sum.

In other news, they have but the blame for the accusations of photoshpping the brick thrower squarely on the media and describe themselves as unwitting participants in the furore caused by the Indo carelessly only posting one photo of it. Now that's some good logic right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

http://directdemocracyireland.ie/breaking-news-mortgage-securitisation-finally-sent-for-full-trial/

DDI claiming two victories today. The first is not having their case on securitisation struck out and getting it to trial. No what I'd call a victory but whatever floats your boat Ben. The second victory is super secret and involves a bank settling for a seven figure sum.

In other news, they have but the blame for the accusations of photoshpping the brick thrower squarely on the media and describe themselves as unwitting participants in the furore caused by the Indo carelessly only posting one photo of it. Now that's some good logic right there.

How is Mr. Darcy's monumental case against the banking structure getting on, all seems quite on that front?

Ben .. as I know you are reading this; have you any update on your recent case in Belfast, you seemed bullish enough on Facebook the night before but there wasn't any further update?

• Advertisement

meanwhile over at The Hub Towers notification of their inaugural formation as a political party in the Red Cow carpark, they have even put up a draft constitution ... mostly waffle and usual rhetoric except these two nuggets:

10 To seek the unity of Ireland and its people in peace.

11.To support Ireland to the position of a 32 County Sovereign Country by way of referendum.

The notion of a 32 county republic is a recurring theme from the likes of DDI and the rest of these groups ... I'm not sure where it all fits in .. I'd love to actually ask them but since I am barred from all their pages I can't pose the question (you see they don't like questions .. they just want blind unquestioning following)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Those are 'victories' from May2013 aren't they?
    The 7 figure settlement seemed dubious, and I think the Freeman(:pac:) family lost at the next stage.

The 7 figure settlement seemed dubious, and I think the Freeman(:pac:) family lost at the next stage.

So they are. Wonder why they were posted today? They must be short on news pieces.

Just to be clear: Mortgage securitisation as a process was never actually impugned. That case revolved around whether the Bank complied with the Code of Conduct for Mortgage Securitisation.

But detail and accuracy aren't important things really...

Also .. The hub is now accepting 'donations' ... You see ... All this bluster costs money ... Remember they are not Fees or Charges ... They are donations .. Just like how Debt Options took donations as you don't want the tax man having an interest

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

So they are. Wonder why they were posted today? They must be short on news pieces.
    whippet wrote: »
    meanwhile over at The Hub Towers notification of their inaugural formation as a political party in the Red Cow carpark, they have even put up a draft constitution ... mostly waffle and usual rhetoric except these two nuggets:

10 To seek the unity of Ireland and its people in peace.

11.To support Ireland to the position of a 32 County Sovereign Country by way of referendum.

The notion of a 32 county republic is a recurring theme from the likes of DDI and the rest of these groups ... I'm not sure where it all fits in .. I'd love to actually ask them but since I am barred from all their pages I can't pose the question (you see they don't like questions .. they just want blind unquestioning following)
    Aren't they basically proposing to dismantle the Good Friday Agreement with that kind of approach?
    14.Membership of The Hub Ireland is open to all persons of Irish birth, parentage, grand-parentage or persons ordinarily and legally resident in Ireland who accept the Constitution and Rules of The Hub Ireland
    I can see the particular type of dogwhistle approach they're going for with that. I wonder if say an asylum seeker who wished to use their vast "expertise" to do "something" about Direct Provision would be treated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

is 0000000 a seven figure sum?

whippet wrote: »
    Also .. The hub is now accepting 'donations' ... You see ... All this bluster costs money ... Remember they are not Fees or Charges ... They are donations .. Just like how Debt Options took donations as you don't want the tax man having an interest
    Relevant Post
    We have donations coming in: who are we to take money, as a donation from you good people! Seriously. So here is the deal; any person, body or organisation can come to the Hub and ask to see the donations book and how we; the Hub have used it, likewise you can request it by email. Deal is a deal, the days of The trust have gone, Allen or Cullinan.
    Donations sought where the donor can supervise how the funds are applied? Someone dig out a copy of Delaney, I think we have ourselves a trust in operation.

Robbo wrote: »
    Aren't they basically proposing to dismantle the Good Friday Agreement with that kind of approach?

I can see the particular type of dogwhistle approach they're going for with that. I wonder if say an asylum seeker who wished to use their vast "expertise" to do "something" about Direct Provision would be treated...

DDI, in my view, are fast becoming the Irish version of the likes of UKIP or Britain First, who simply place all of the national woes on non nationals and progression of time. In DDIs case, the likes of the IMU and international financial houses are their Islamic terrorists; the grá of freeman law and the Constitution of Old their "good ol days".

Unless you hate banks and bondholders and anything Troika and want a return to Brehon law and Ogham stones, you are the enemy.

Unless you hate banks and bondholders and anything Troika and want a return to Brehon law and Ogham stones, you are the enemy.
    I'm always amazed at the frequency that groups of loons manage to inevitably adopt a triskel of some sort as their logo. And then all I can think of is the Clannad soundtracked car chase from Intermission.

"You don't have the requisite Celtic soul, man"

• Advertisement

Our friend over at the Hub had to remove one of their own posts from facebook .. Basically it was a date and location for PTSBs staff Xmas party .. With a mention of touch paper .. Quite an obvious incitement of their mob following to attend or the likes.

Even by their own standards this is low .. They took the post down but for some reason think that all the negative comments were government shills! Just like the cowards over in DDI they just can't admit to making a mistake and apologising !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Looks like our one time regular poster has been busy in the CT forum, at least until he was site banned:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057321181
    Ireland bad fuel blowing up cars is on purpose to get rid of toxic oil waste for the oil companies and help kill off the Irish peoples

Finally the big break through we got the numbers that prove the Royal Oireachtas ROI Government is on the make with the Stretched fuel and washed diesel along with their friends from the Oil companies and their side kicks in the motor car industry .

There is more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Looks like our one time regular poster has been busy in the CT forum, at least until he was site banned:

There is more...

I tried to read that OP but i had to stop when i got a headache. I think i got about 2 sentences in.

There is more...
    At one stage he was manufacturing his own diesel from binbags and magic. I may be convincing him with another dearly departed nut but I think there was also talk of converting a jeep to run off a perpetual motion machine he managed to knock up in his shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Beano wrote: »
    I tried to read that OP but i had to stop when i got a headache. I think i got about 2 sentences in.

I was able to read it no problem. Maybe cause I'm sick and hopped up on penicillin and solphedine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Robbo wrote: »
    there was also talk of converting a jeep to run off a perpetual motion machine he managed to knock up in his shed.

Maybe it was a DeLorean?

backtothefuture-delorean.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

I got 2 paragraphs in then saw the remaining 15 odd and gave up

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

never knew he was into freemaning. Some classics in motors and transport over the years. That topic was initially in motors iirc before swiftly being dropkicked out.

Theres a funny Port Tunnel Toll response somewhere in the last week or two aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

• Advertisement

Beano wrote: »

Good on you. I stopped reading when I saw the author.

Advertisement