Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Many of the people in these groupings seem to think that you don't have to repay money that you borrow. The evil banks are to blame for pretty much every ailment in society and that is their fundamental thesis.

Well, that is wrong.

Borrowed money must be paid back. Reckless lending and reckless borrowing happened, that is a fact. Neither can be condoned. That said, borrowed money must be paid back.

In case anyone reading this from one of the Landy League, 8th zone of reality or Freedom from All Debt missed the point: BORROWED MONEY MUST BE PAID BACK.

Land ownership in this country is a condition akin to a disease. Suggesting for a moment that there is a duty of care owed by banks, is WRONG, and furthermore, latent and indeed patent conditions do not enter into the equation when you sign a contract, if they did, the vast majority of borrowers wouldn't get a red cent.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I suspect it comes from an intellectually illiterate flip through the first few chapters of a first-year economics textbook that elicits the reaction "banks do what now?!"

Probably the same time they checked the Coles notes for Locke out of their local library.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Tom Young wrote: »
    Many of the people in these groupings seem to think that you don't have to repay money that you borrow. The evil banks are to blame for pretty much every ailment in society and that is their fundamental thesis.

Tom

They claim that the banks can give loans for mortgages without the banks having the money themselves. In other words the banks produced the money out of thin air.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

YFlyer wrote: »
    They claim that the banks can give loans for mortgages without the banks having the money themselves. In other words the banks produced the money out of thin air.

but ironically they are not prepared to have the asset or property acquired through thin air go back ....

Ben Gilory is right back on his freeman track ... he is posting up antics from the Bobby of Sludds of whatever ....

Still no word as to how he is getting on with the impeachment of the judge who had the gall not to believe Gilroy's lies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

This is hilarious.

https://www.facebook.com/irishselfhelpzone/photos/a.186681038155352.1073741828.186111024879020/410483055775148/?type=1&theater

Our friends at The Hub posted up a heavily processed image that shows a man holding a baseball bat and are calling for a lynch mob. A cursory glance would show it to be actually a post sticking out of the ground. Their supporters are showing their true colours in the comments with calls for the RA to deal with them.

In other news it appears their head man (Beades?) has been served legal threats for organising lynch mobs and this seemed to put hi in his place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Beaner1 wrote: »
    This is hilarious.

... calls for the RA to deal with them.

Very true, this for instance written by a middle aged "full time mummy";
    This didn't happen when IRA was in business wat did all the lads an lassies die for that cúnt 2 try put Irish on street

interesting snippet from the Indo a while back on Jerry Beades

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/claptrap-from-the-floor-not-wanted-at-lucindas-bash-29950788.html

On the way out of the hall, I bump into Jerry Beades. "Today was an interesting exercise in democracy," he says.

"People want a change. Political parties aren't offering it. So people are scratching around looking to see if anyone will lead direction. People are so despondent about politics in Ireland – 700,000 people in this country are in financial distress."

I tell him that his mates in Drumcondra like Bertie will be in distress reading his comments.

Has Jerry – who was on The Fianna Fail National Executive – fallen out of love with the party?

"I haven't fallen out of love with Fianna Fail at all," he insisted.

"People in Irish politics need to get back to their roots.

"I was – and still am – a friend of Bertie's but I would not have been a friend of his politics," added Jerry, who is the chairman of Friends Of Banking Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

What about this one
    and how about that poster je suis charlie, looks more like jesus is charlie. In military charlie also means patsy. Do we have a subliminal doubletalk here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Hurray, or should that be yee-haw, the Country Music Awards are safe from protest now that Ktech has secured an injunction against the protests planned.

In other news, Byron Jenkins on the Hub seems extremely put out that he is being being summoned to the High Court on Friday 'for exercising my democratic and constitutional right to free speech and free assembly'. If someone did the same thing to him as he is doing to Ktech he would be labelling it harassment and intimidation.

• Advertisement

They are all to happy to gloat about firing legal documents around like confetti but when a proper legal document lands on their desk they turn in to timid little mice playing the poor me card ... I'm only trying to be a little guy against the big bully boys.

It will be interesting to see if the guy who has been banging on about how and why he set up this bunch of merry men will suddenly tell the court he is just a minion and is only a friend of some bigger boys who organise this. Much like how Gilroy tried unsuccessfully to convince a judge that he was an accidental spectator on the stud farm .. While wearing a hi-vis with the "anti eviction task force" plastered on the back.

Although Gilroy is apparently impeaching that judge for not believing him .... !

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

mrs vimes wrote: »

A long time ago in a boards thread far far away, a poster once described freeman as "adult toddlers". Reading this type of thing just reminds me that I'll probably never find a more fitting description for them.

Bad news if you have kept January 21st free....

bmc-868-20150108-02.jpg

bmc-868-20150108-01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

or in laymans terms...what part of no do you not understand mister maguire:)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

I'm becoming ever more convinced that to be a freeman you have to undergo some form of brain surgery that makes you oblivious to normal social function and behaviour.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

mrs vimes wrote: »

What I love about this, is that the guy probably got treated much more harshly than he would have if he had dealt with the court correctly. And yet his mates clapped him on the back for being a big eejit.

Oryx wrote: »
    What I love about this, is that the guy probably got treated much more harshly than he would have if he had dealt with the court correctly. And yet his mates clapped him on the back for being a big eejit.

Credit where it's due. Cork has shown a real knack of finding the creme de la creme of Ireland's Freemen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Credit where it's due. Cork has shown a real knack of finding the creme de la creme of Ireland's Freemen.
    Elects them too. I wonder how Claire Cullinane's getting on as a Councillor?

Robbo wrote: »
    Elects them too. I wonder how Claire Cullinane's getting on as a Councillor?

Great. So far she is behind this monumental decision.

http://frontpagenews.ie/2014/10/east-cork-great-spot-many-motor-home-tourists-mr-donovan-tells-east-cork-journal/

And she was disowned by her own kind.

https://www.facebook.com/irishselfhelpzone/posts/380057992150988

How the world turns like a sovereign seal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

How the world turns like a sovereign seal.

Not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

It's getting really embarrassing now over on the Hub as Byron simultaneously pleads with and threatens the security company taking him to court on Friday. Complete misunderstanding of professional negligence as he warns his opponents barristers of their code. Throw in failure to understand what a 'static' licence from the PSA covers and it is seriously cringeworthy. Should be good on Friday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

BornToKill wrote: »
    It's getting really embarrassing now over on the Hub as Byron simultaneously pleads with and threatens the security company taking him to court on Friday. Complete misunderstanding of professional negligence as he warns his opponents barristers of their code. Throw in failure to understand what a 'static' licence from the PSA covers and it is seriously cringeworthy. Should be good on Friday though.

Had a read through a few posts. It's quite sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

a load of freemen rubbish too..somrone telling him to bring the 1919 constituition with him and have billy maguire as a witness to him signing some form....

a load of freemen rubbish too..somrone telling him to bring the 1919 constituition with him and have billy maguire as a witness to him signing some form....

This is a preview of what Friday's court hearing may well be like.

<Moderator snip.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/film-case-and-face-jail-judge-tells-court-306832.html

About time these nutters got the taste of the inside of a cell.

Best line "Garda Griffin said yesterday that he contacted the defendant’s wife who told him she went to work on Monday morning leaving him at home to mind their sick child but that he left the sick child at home alone."

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This is a preview of what Friday's court hearing may well be like.

<Moderator snip.>

Sorry, but the contents of that video are not allowed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Poor old Byron is so confident of his lay-lawyerin' abilities that when it was his own house a subprime bank came after, he employed professionals.

For the sake of completeness, the others named in that injunction include old favourites of ours Gerry Beades, Tom D'arcy and Damien Gibney. I'd expect there to be some kind of fracas tomorrow. Also, Ben Gilroy is due back on February 3rd in relation to proceedings issued by Permanent TSB in relation to some goings on at his brother's house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

As a non-legal observer it seems to me that they (and Ben) always do this thing of talking about how they have a wonderful slam-dunk case on a novel piece of law, their supporters then turn up and holler them on, facebook reports afterwards talk about how the stunned opposition barrister was torn a new arse by the cleverness of their argument, the clerk quoted as saying he'd never seen anything so well presented, lawyers came from others courts to see them in action (this last bit probably true but for reverse reasons).
    Then 72 hours later the judgement goes against them, they express amazement and say anyone who was there will know is has to be corruption on the part of the judiciary and they mumble about arrests and lynchings.

Its a very entertaining circle really.

Advertisement