Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

So presumably it not only played out as you'd expect, but presumably exactly as was planned by those involved.

So was the plan:

1. Go into Court and cause a disturbance.

2. Get arrested.

3. End up in Court and refuse to co-operate.

4. End up in Jail.

If so, hats off to them - "Great Success!".

I'm reminded of this scene from Austin Powers

Dr. Evil: I have an even better idea. I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.
    Scott Evil: Wait, aren't you even going to watch them? They could get away!
    Dr. Evil: No, no, no. I'm going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying. I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan. ...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Robbo wrote: »
    ...and claim to have the magical knowledge that causes instant victories, like hitting that single unguarded exhaust port on the Death Star.

Wedge: but thats impossible, even for a computer
    Luke: Its not impossible i did it with a t16 with my eyes closed back home.

Luke Skywalker, the original FOTL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Wedge: but thats impossible, even for a computer
    Luke: Its not impossible i did it with a t16 with my eyes closed back home.

Luke Skywalker, the original FOTL

Wasn't it: "I used to bullseye wamp rats back home in my T16; they're not much bigger than two metres..."

(Nerd wars!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Wasn't it: "I used to bullseye wamp rats back home in my T16; they're not much bigger than two metres..."

(Nerd wars!)

Youre technically correct.

Which is the best kind of correct

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Oh FFS!

Found a link to a video on the linked on the Hub FB page, captioned:

"You've been served! Judge in Cork this morning been served as she sits at the bench."

I'm not going to repost the video here out of respect for the person in the video who incidentally is not a Judge.

That video is gold.

"I AM THE SUPREME AUTHORITY!"

Echoes of Klaus Kinski:

FF 16 seconds into the delirious monologue:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Youre technically correct.

Which is the best kind of correct

Glad to see my 12-16 years weren't wasted.

[Isn't that Hullaballoo's signature phrase, or another one of the mods?]

Its a quote fron Futurama, but possibly:

http://youtu.be/hou0lU8WMgo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Further to "Midget Gate", Broadsheet have a transcript of Beades on Sean O'Rourke here. Gerry, demonstrating a deep misunderstanding of the Article 26 process was then asked this choice question by Sean O'Rourke:
    O’Rourke: “Are you seriously suggesting, Jerry, that – had The President referred this to The Supreme Court, and had The Supreme Court had upheld its constitutionality that all the protesters would have just stayed at home and the protesters who remained would simply wave at his car?”

Beades: “I’m not saying that – but I mean there is… The President is elected as champion of the people, I mean he made a lot of promises, he was going to be ‘The People’s President’ – but obviously the people are ignored by the politicians.”
    Flopping around like a trout on the deck is the only image which springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

My personal favourite freemen, Attack the Tax seems to be refusing to provide any update to its members regarding it's super secret war on the Property Tax. One commenter on their Facebook page seems to think they went about confronting the tax all wrong.

"Attack the Tax failed because they focused on statutes and not actual law. Send Revenue a letter and tell them you will pay the bill as soon as they tell you what constitutional law (not a satute/ act) requires you to pay such a bill. This aay, you are not refusing to pay so they can't take you to court. It is a legitamate conditional acceptance. Also give them 10 days to reply. If they do not reply, you have evidence for court. There is NO LAW that states you have to pay any tax at all. The finance act is only a rule, not a law. It is secondary law. The constitution is primary law. They may send you a BS act but demand a constitutional law. Don't bow down to their acts and threats."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I love this bit :)
    The finance act is only a rule, not a law. It is secondary law

• Advertisement

Not a mod, it's mine and it is an awesome Futurama quote

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just after watching that video.. I was waiting for the calls to demand a trial by combat!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

For anyone at a loose end on Tuesday, Ben's due another appearance in the Chancery list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

For anyone at a loose end on Tuesday, Ben's due another appearance in the Chancery list.

Do you expect there to be some chancery arguments made?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

What I find really funny is that it over the course of the past 4-5 years the approach has evolved from not recognising the court, freeman non-sense, total ignorance of the law, and refusal to engage professional trained practitioners to a situation where it appears the acceptance and realisation is now that trained practictioners (albeit foreign ones) are the best way to proceed in relation to legal matters.

It wouldn't surprise me if in another 4-5 years it will finally dawn on these people, and they will accept that Irish lawyers are the best suited lawyers to deal with issues in the Irish courts.

So with a lot of time, resources, money wasted and plenty of people burnt along the way, the consensus among the leaders of these quasi-legal alternative approaches will eventually come full circle and effectively end up dealing with the courts in the way which they should have from day one - not necessarily because its the only way (because there are alternatives) but because its the best way and the way you're most likely to get a positive result.

Tom Darcy has recruited the Dean of Griffith College Law School, a constitutional expert, to make this challenge that could stop these home possessions in their tracks.

Dean of Griffith College Law School David Langwallner

http://www.lawlibrary.ie/members/barrister.asp?barID=995

So I guess he has already gone full circle. Mr Langwallner runs the innocence project.

For my sins, I just watched the Cork "Supreme Authoritah" video. I like the way one of his posse outside the courthouse declared that the Garda needed his hat on to effect the arrest. Always good to see the classic urban myths make a reappearance.

In another classic retro-Freeman move, I've been told that the Hub have put up a notice on their door about implied rights of access and all that ****e, like Ben of the Ancient Clan Giolla Rua's one.

Also, Derek "Midgetgate" Byrne who insists in believing that he has absolute rights to protest and free speech has now decided that these should only apply to him, not to anyone who might disagree with him. Bock the Robber edited down the Midgetgate video (which was about 6-7 minutes to begin with) into just the bits of Byrne swearing and being abusive. The resulting video was still 2 minutes long. Byrne used the "Copyright Snitch" facility in Youtube to have this removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Just after watching that video.. I was waiting for the calls to demand a trial by combat!

I'll wager 200 quatloos on the newcomer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

cobhguy28 wrote: »
    Tom Darcy has recruited the Dean of Griffith College Law School, a constitutional expert, to make this challenge that could stop these home possessions in their tracks.

So I guess he has already gone full circle. Mr Langwallner runs the innocence project.

Does the firm of solicitors who has briefed him have a licence to issue a fee note though? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

cobhguy28 wrote: »

What are you thinking David!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Anyone got an update as to this appearance .. His face plant page isn't as much a hive of activity it used to be running up to these historic events

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    Anyone got an update as to this appearance .. His face plant page isn't as much a hive of activity it used to be running up to these historic events
    I didn't hear anything on the grapevine and from what I can tell on the High Court Search, it did run. Of course there was something else monopolising everyone's attention down there yesterday so it may have been a welcome distraction.

Lay Litigation Ireland are calling out the hataz these days, going on about what great results they're getting along with their conjoined twins in the Hub. All of this to great applause from all the Potemkin resistance groups on Facebook.

Once again, our buddies at Lay Litigation Ireland are demonstrating that they have as much understanding of County Registrars and their role as a cat has of the offside rule. You know they're for the birds when the chap schooling them has an "interesting" history in relation to lay litigation if you care to Google.

Former FF bagman Jerry Beades' Land League have, I **** you not, started developing an Android app. Notable features include handy PayPal integration to keep those donations rolling in and total integration to the Land League's ever-hilarious Youtube channel. If Davitt were alive to this day, it's what would preoccupy his remaining hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Former FF bagman Jerry Beades' Land League have, I **** you not, started developing an Android app. Notable features include handy PayPal integration to keep those donations rolling in and total integration to the Land League's ever-hilarious Youtube channel. If Davitt were alive to this day, it's what would preoccupy his remaining hand.

Which he has failed to get listed on the google Play store, and can only be installed through a link on his website....seems legit....

I wish him luck getting it listed in the App store if he can't get past the quality threshold for google play

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Couple lose €1m claim for 'reckless mortgage lending' after the High Court judge said the claim was frivolous and vexatious, and dismissed it.

The borrower claimed the mortgage company "created the alleged money out of thin air on a computer keyboard".

It is understood that around 1,000 similar cases claiming reckless lending and seeking compensation were lodged with the courts with the help of variety of groups, some of whom were charging to take the cases.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/couple-lose-1m-claim-for-reckless-mortgage-lending-30978629.html

Full text of the Judgment: http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/0/BE8DE625B1D92C0380257DD50038DEDA

Graham wrote: »

From the Indo...

Meanwhile, David Hall of the Irish Mortgage Holders' Organisation has highlighted what he called "Disneyland advice" being given to borrowers in financial distress.

He warned that debtors are being given false hope that baseless arguments could succeed in court. "Some of these Disneyland characters charged for this help," he said.

Who nose where they got that advice from?

pinocchio.jpg

Couple lose €1m claim for 'reckless mortgage lending' after the High Court judge said the claim was frivolous and vexatious, and dismissed it.

The borrower claimed the mortgage company "created the alleged money out of thin air on a computer keyboard".

It is understood that around 1,000 similar cases claiming reckless lending and seeking compensation were lodged with the courts with the help of variety of groups, some of whom were charging to take the cases.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/couple-lose-1m-claim-for-reckless-mortgage-lending-30978629.html

Full text of the Judgment: http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/0/BE8DE625B1D92C0380257DD50038DEDA
    As previously mentioned in this thread, this chap is Facebook friends with pretty much the entire rogues gallery so it'd be hard to pin down one particular Freeman loon.

However, donning my battered Columbo coat, I see from the High Court record number, it was filed on a Monday. On the same day, with record numbers pretty much in sequence, many actions were filed against banks by lay litigants, most of which lie abandoned by the roadside. I am aware that Claire Cullinane used to run her "clinics" on a Monday in Dublin and used to lead a merry band into the Central Office during the afternoon to wreck the heads of the counter staff.

Somewhere on this thread, we've already discovered that more than the rest of them, Claire wasn't shy about asking for a "donation". I think we have a likely candidate for the "advisor".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

this is the bit from the court report that stuck out to me

In his statement of claim the plaintiff says that “the defendant did not possess the money it claims it loaned out thus rendering the defendant a third party only”. He asserts that he was cajoled into the agreement and was offered no independent legal assistance. The plaintiff contends that the defendant misled him in relation to its financial position and that the bank was insolvent at the time of the agreement but “created the alleged money out of thin air on a computer keyboard”. A number of other claims are set out including that the defendant did not hold a valid licence to trade on the date of the signing of the alleged agreement, that the defendant ignored warnings from the United States markets in relation to the risks involved in the transaction, that no proper risk assessment was carried out, and that the bank is a mere servicing agent for another body and therefore has no legal right to any monies from the plaintiff.

Everything from is straight from the Ben Gilroy school of nonsense which I think he is giving masterclasses about nationwide.

- Magical money
    - No license to trade
    - no legal rep (i wonder who did the conveyancing)

I wonder will Ben use this report as a case study in one of his classrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

johnciall wrote: »
    Which he has failed to get listed on the google Play store, and can only be installed through a link on his website....seems legit....

I wish him luck getting it listed in the App store if he can't get past the quality threshold for google play

if you were gonna give these chancers the benefit of the doubt you could say they were too miserable to pay the 25 euro google developer license fee....:pac:

Have the .apk downloaded at home so will throw it on my test phone and see what permissions it needs.Could be interesting:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

From reading the judgment it would appear the plaintiffs adopted the approach of hurl a load of $h1te at the wall and hope some of it sticks, unfortunately all of it really was complete excrement. As with almost all of these cases the facts are clear, the borrower asked for the Money, got the Money and then spent the money. Now they will seek out any technicality so as they don't have to pay it back. Quite how they justify this to themselves morally is unclear.

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    Everything from is straight from the Ben Gilroy school of nonsense which I think he is giving masterclasses about nationwide.

- Magical money
    - No license to trade
    - no legal rep (i wonder who did the conveyancing)

I wonder will Ben use this report as a case study in one of his classrooms.

The fig in the fig roll with the magic money thing is this; if banks can make money out of thin air then why are they bothering trying to make money on transaction charges, interest on loans, overdraft fees when they can make it on a computer? Why waste time on customers when it's that easy to rake it in?

Advertisement