Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

cobhguy28 wrote: »
    I always find it funny the that, they say, they are bringing it to the Europe....

Its all about sound bites, shouting about constitutional or human rights is a great way to get people (who don't really understand) going along with you. After all who doesn't like more rights? Constitutionally guaranteed free water delivered to their door or the human right to a 9000 Sqft mansion on the Vico road? Sounds great doesn't it. Similarly sticking "all the way to Europe!!!" on the end of sentences really rouses up the rabble.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

cobhguy28 wrote: »
    I always find it funny the that, they say, they are bringing it to the Europe.

From the irishtimes http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/o-donnell-home-bog-standard-says-new-land-league-chief-1.2126451

"It said a collective case will also be brought to the European Court of Justice to prevent banks repossessing homes."
    and
    "The league’s Tom Darcy said a London-based firm of solicitors, Duffy, Fowler and Gabby, would take the case to Europe."

Now who are these people advising them. Do they not know that the CJEU is not an appeals Court. They can not appeal these decisions to it.

The Only cases that can be brought are ones that have an element of EU law in them. None of these cases seem to.
    Here is a list of cases that can be brought.

Types of cases

The Court gives rulings on the cases brought before it. The five most common types of cases are:
    1. requests for a preliminary ruling – when national courts ask the Court of Justice to interpret a point of EU law
    2. actions for failure to fulfil an obligation – brought against EU governments for not applying EU law
    3. actions for annulment – against EU laws thought to violate the EU treaties or fundamental rights
    4. actions for failure to act – against EU institutions for failing to make decisions required of them
    5. direct actions – brought by individuals, companies or organisations against EU decisions or actions
    http://europa.eu/about-eu/institutions-bodies/court-justice/index_en.htm
    Being charitable, they could be referring to some vague human rights issue and they might be talking about the ECtHR. Of course given the depth of their legal knowledge, they could also be thinking of appealing to the UEFA or the CAS in the hope that it would sound impressive and "about right" enough to fool their accolytes.

The Hub are forever talking about "taking it to Europe" as well but have no idea how any of it works.

Vincent better watch out because the fuzz will be kicking down his door and legal action is forthcoming from the Land League's Jumper Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Robbo wrote: »
    Being charitable, they could be referring to some vague human rights issue and they might be talking about the ECtHR. Of course given the depth of their legal knowledge, they could also be thinking of appealing to the UEFA or the CAS in the hope that it would sound impressive and "about right" enough to fool their accolytes.

The Hub are forever talking about "taking it to Europe" as well but have no idea how any of it works.

Vincent better watch out because the fuzz will be kicking down his door and legal action is forthcoming from the Land League's independent.ie/irish-news/news/new-land-league-member-to-make-official-complaint-to-gardai-about-tv3-broadcaster-vincent-browne-31043331.html"]Jumper Man.

He claims to be physically and mentally hurt by Vincent. Did vinnie slip him a dig while the camera was pointed the other way? I've heard that barristers can be dirty fighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

He claims to be physically and mentally hurt by Vincent. Did vinnie slip him a dig while the camera was pointed the other way? I've heard that barristers can be dirty fighters.

Maybe Vinnie tried to pull Mr. Martins head out of his hole?could be traumatic if not done right :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

This is genius. It's like someone the chap chug a bottle of whiskey, gave him 90 seconds to read over some first year Tort notes and told him to make a case.

Edit: His pratfalls continue. Perhaps he was trying to appear more Davitt-like by losing a limb?

And the Battle of Gorse Hill shall be known by it's battle cry... "go back . . . that’s my foot".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The toys are out of the pram.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/new-land-league-member-to-make-official-complaint-to-gardai-about-tv3-broadcaster-vincent-browne-31043331.html

'New Land League' member to make official complaint to gardai about TV3 broadcaster Vincent Browne
    John Martin says he was 'physically and mentally hurt' during incident at Gorse Hill yesterday.

Today, Mr Martin emerged from the gates of Gorse Hill today, announcing he was formally taking action against Mr Browne and claimed he was assaulted by him.
    Mr Martin alleges that he was "physically and mentally" hurt by the veteran broadcaster during the confrontation yesterday.

"I have phoned Dun Laoghaire Garda station which has jurisdiction in this area. I will be making an official formal complaint against a one Mr Vincent Browne for the assault upon my person that took place here yesterday".

"I will also be consulting with my own legal team and I will be instructing them to take legal proceedings against one Mr Vincent Browne , his employer TV3 and its owners on the law of tort," Mr Martin said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

ken wrote: »
    "I will also be consulting with my own legal team..to take legal proceedings...on the law

Good to see that his legal team will be taking legal proceedings on the law. I hope the court will hear the court case in the court and that the judicial judge gives a positive judicial judgment.
    I was both physically and mentally injured and there will be other medical evidence and facts.

"There will be other facts". What does that even mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Good to see that his legal team will be taking legal proceedings on the law. I hope the court will hear the court case in the court and that the judicial judge gives a positive judicial judgment.

Well….we’ve got plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are *kinds* of evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It will be hilarious if he claims all.sorts of misdeeds only for VB to produce video evidence showing nothing happened. I dare say the cameraman was filming from the moment VB got out of his car in case anything was said or happened.

In other news, DDI and it's associated lunatics are claiming some sort of victory while simultaneously whining that their glorious "victory" isn't being covered by de media...

http://directdemocracyireland.ie/household-charge-defeated-in-court/

iyjtpe.jpg

• Advertisement

And now for an update from our old friends at Attack the Tax... missing money, disgruntled members...par for the course then....

t6pd1u.jpg
    fvjjao.jpg
    2nvf28z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭blackwhite

In other news, DDI and it's associated lunatics are claiming some sort of victory while simultaneously whining that their glorious "victory" isn't being covered by de media...

iyjtpe.jpg

I love the claim that the bailout was actually a stealth tax :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

First comment under the DDI facebook post
    Just a point in warning. The plaintif withdrew the case so the court did not decide or rule on the substantive issue. There is no court ruling on the matter. Their withdrawal certainly shows the weakness of their argument. They clearly feared that if they went into court they were open to losing, Which would have been a disaster for them. They decided that A good retreat is better than a bad stand. However, the issue of whether it is unconstitutional or not remains to be decided.

iyjtpe.jpg
    As M.C.C. failed to prove the constitutionality of this Household Charge, or prove that it applied to Mr Keegan, this opens the possibility that everyone who paid the charge, generally under duress, should be entitled to a refund of their €100 plus penalties if applied.
    Followed swiftly in their addendum with...
    This is a win for Peter but only a step for others. It is not a legal precedent as such because there was no order by the judge as the case was withdrawn. Neither does it prove the Charge is unconstitutional because only the Supreme Court can make that judgement.
    "We've spent the previous dozen paragraphs selling you one false hope after another using official-sounding language. We're hoping you wouldn't read down this far because we are full of all kinds of **** but thought we'd at least pretend to be honest".

I can tell exactly what's happened here. Peter Anthony Keegan was being such a pain in the arse that it wasn't worth the time for Mayo CC's solicitors. Since Revenue can now enforce the HHC, they're going to take over and they won't be gentle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dying to see this medical evidence that John Martin has to support his injury claim against Vincent Browne, did Vincent even take his hands out of his pockets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Thargor wrote: »
    Dying to see this medical evidence that John Martin has to support his injury claim against Vincent Browne, did Vincent even take his hands out of his pockets?

Ah yeah. He pushed him away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Not a lot to see here just yet. The two local papers covering West Mayo, the Connaught Telegraph and the Mayo News (It's good for Corrib Gas tit bits as well.) go to press on a Tuesday, thus missing out on reporting on this. My guess here is that the Council's hat was thrown at this rather than their gloves; a fuller report will emerge in a few days.

In the meantime, here's a totally random fact. Peter Anthony Keegan, the accused in this case, used to run a construction company; it went bust a few years ago.

Odd how a good few Freeman types come from failed construction/property backgrounds. Perhaps they take the theory of Masons running the world a little too literally and want in as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Robbo wrote: »
    One great effect of this Battle of Gorse Hill business is that the media are looking at Beades & Co again.

From the Indo:

JERRY Beades of the New Land League organisation built up bank debts of almost €16m during his career as a developer, but he says he is in the process of appealing all of it.
    Land League crusader Jerry Beades racked up €16m of own debts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Uh, does that mean he's suggesting he didn't borrow money? How do you appeal a loan anyway?

Calina wrote: »
    Uh, does that mean he's suggesting he didn't borrow money? How do you appeal a loan anyway?
    In one of his previous appearances, he refused to answer a direct question as to whether he received the money at all.

I note in the previously linked story that the Herald are referring to The Hub as a sister organisation to Beades and the Land League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

On that point, on 04 March the Hub stated:

'We are governed by no one, we stand by homeowners, we have no ‘sister’, well, I do and she lives in Watford. Our landlord is a receiver: “come try get the rent”.'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Calina wrote: »

Easy, Calina. They will simply claim that it was fake money that they got off the banks that they invented by pressing a button on a computer. As the money doesn't exist it follows that the loan doesn't exist and as such your sovereign citizen self doesn't have to pay anything back to the bank.

I bet you are sorry you even asked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

Easy, Calina. They will simply claim that it was fake money that they got off the banks that they invented by pressing a button on a computer. As the money doesn't exist it follows that the loan doesn't exist and as such your sovereign citizen self doesn't have to pay anything back to the bank.

I bet you are sorry you even asked :)

I wonder does he think its a fake building he bought with the fake money? Logically he advocates a return to the gold standard and a barter economy?

Shocking, eh, footage of Footgate has emerged.

Link
    Apropos of nothing, I looked back on some old classics here and I saw the article of the "test case" Claire Cullinane took money for. As we all know, this is long since abandoned and her paperwork has been shown up for the arrant nonsense it is in other cases. However, one of the wellwishers to the left of Claire looked a bit familiar...

Ss8OvtL.jpg

Uo9pzPy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

I fear for his case succeeding, as he never made it clear if this was an apple tort or a rhubarb tort he was pursuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

And now for an update from our old friends at Attack the Tax... missing money, disgruntled members...par for the course then....

t6pd1u.jpg
    fvjjao.jpg
    2nvf28z.jpg

One member has had enough and being encouraged by the non event of the Household charge case not going ahead in Castlebar his letter to Revenue is below

Michael Gladney LPT Branch, P.O. Box 1, Limerick
    Dear Michael, I received a letter from you dated {Date} March 2015 in relation to a property tax for the above addressed household. I hereby give you notice that on 5th March 2015 in a siting of the Castlebar Circuit Court saw Peter Keegan summonsed by Mayo County Council to appear before Judge Mary Devins, to face charges in relation to non payment of the Household Charge. The solicitor Ward McEllin, acting for Mayo County Council (plaintiff), withdrew all charges on his client’s behalf before the case could be heard. Be advised; that until the outcome of this case has been decided, you must respect our legal right to litigate. We do not give consent for any monies whatsoever to be deducted from our wages/salary in relation to the Property Tax or the Household Charge. Any previously implied or stated permission for deductions to be made in respect of the Property Tax or the Household Charge are now formally withdrawn and removed forthwith. Please take note: It would be illegal for you to make any deductions in relation to this illegal tax without my explicit permission, and would be constituted as theft and therefore a Criminal offence. You have a legal duty of care to yourself, to me and to the Revenue Commissioners to inform yourself of the law. Kind regards,

Question folks. Who is behind that fairsociety website? It reads like Freeman Daily News.

Although with this sort of hard-hitting journalism, it'd be easy to speculate.....

I mean, look at this crap....

ben-gilroy-not-a-member-of-UKIP.png

Reminds me of something else............oh yeah, now I remember....

Father-Ted-not-a-racist.jpeg

Question folks. Who is behind that fairsociety website? It reads like Freeman Daily News.

Although with this sort of hard-hitting journalism, it'd be easy to speculate.....

I mean, look at this crap....

ben-gilroy-not-a-member-of-UKIP.png

Reminds me of something else............oh yeah, now I remember....

Father-Ted-not-a-racist.jpeg
    Registered to DDI stalwart Ray Hall. Further back in this thread, he was the one posting photos approvingly of the Country'n'Western Awards Protest where slain Real IRA drug lords were apparently approving of the message within.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Looks like Robbo was right about the press going digging:

From the Indo:

Land League's Beades' stalled plan leaves site at 1916 home an eyesore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement